zsimmons1
    zsimmons1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have had some success on Bovada over the last 6 months and it appears that they put a max wager limit on my account a few weeks ago. My max wager limit has been significantly reduced from what I had before (over 95% reduced on almost any bet). It is to the point that the max I can make on a ML/spread bet is around $100. There was no notification provided - I just noticed the restriction was added after I had a relatively big win. I’m not necessarily upset about it (outside of the fact that a notification would have been nice) as I understand the books are in the business of making money and it is normal for them to limit successful players.

I created this thread to see if any players have had experience with getting limited by Bovada and once you are, is there any chance to get reverted back to normal or will it remain that way moving forward? Should I expect any issues with withdrawing funds from the book now that my account has been flagged in some sort of way?

Appreciate your help!

Z

Mugsy777
    Update your status
    Mugsy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6402

Almost all books will limit , Bovada banned me on horse racing bets 10 years ago for winning , you will have NO trouble getting paid though

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7036

Had the same sort of experience, they have limited both my horse racing and sports betting. Seems quite variable though I can bet $65 max on nfl props, $300+ on some major sports, and $1.65 on minor sports like Chinese basketball. They still offer me generous bonuses though.
    Have never had a problem withdrawing, and have taken $50,000+ out over the years. I wouldn't expect the limits to change though, they haven't for me. As a matter of fact, I have been limited at many books over the years, and can't think of any that have raised limits after they have been lowered.
    Last edited by garyking; 04-26-21 at 09:37 PM.

luv2bet01
    luv2bet01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

why bet on bovada? heard so many bad stories on them

zsimmons1

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bet01 View Post
    why bet on bovada? heard so many bad stories on them

What book do you recommend?

Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3470

They limited me to $10 wagers. I no longer play at Bovada

zsimmons1

Quote Originally Posted by Colonist View Post
    They limited me to $10 wagers. I no longer play at Bovada

Are there certain books that are less likely to limit their players after big wins?

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7036

I would think pinnacle, bookmaker and BOL are the least likely to limit.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmons1 View Post
    I have had some success on Bovada over the last 6 months and it appears that they put a max wager limit on my account a few weeks ago. My max wager limit has been significantly reduced from what I had before (over 95% reduced on almost any bet). It is to the point that the max I can make on a ML/spread bet is around $100. There was no notification provided - I just noticed the restriction was added after I had a relatively big win. I’m not necessarily upset about it (outside of the fact that a notification would have been nice) as I understand the books are in the business of making money and it is normal for them to limit successful players.

I created this thread to see if any players have had experience with getting limited by Bovada and once you are, is there any chance to get reverted back to normal or will it remain that way moving forward? Should I expect any issues with withdrawing funds from the book now that my account has been flagged in some sort of way?

Appreciate your help!

Z
    That's weird. They usually send you a PM notifying you that you've been limited - the only US offshore I'm aware of which does that. The message is funny because they're very apologetic.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    That's weird. They usually send you a PM notifying you that you've been limited - the only US offshore I'm aware of which does that. The message is funny because they're very apologetic.
    Though I didn’t get limit as extreme as others, they limited my “minor” soccer leagues w/o notifying me.

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9896

Congratulations! How much did you take from them before they cut you?