Spektre
    Spektre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

Bovada "Cash Out"

This happens?

Bovada has a Cash Out button where you can often cash out a wager pre-game or in-game.

The Cash Out button only goes down from your risk amount, never up that I have seen...until just now.

Moneyline on Utah St. 4.3. Last 3 minutes of the game. Looks like a good payout...yeah.

Suddenly the CashOut button appears. It is only slightly less than what I would win if the games goes my way(it did).

I might have taken it and locked the money up, but I had never seen it and it only last a few seconds. Game went my way and got a nice win, but this happens on Bovada? (Cash Out options that are higher than the risk amount).

Thanks.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Suckers "bet"
    Basically they want you to cash out so you can bet another game right away for potentially more and saves them X $$$

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Is there any value trick in Bovada's cash out button? Something similar with Bet365, anyone knows?
    Thank you.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2134

Quote Originally Posted by ouzoun View Post
    Is there any value trick in Bovada's cash out button? Something similar with Bet365, anyone knows?
    Thank you.
    What’s the value trick at Bet365?

dimaggio8
    dimaggio8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 907

Quote Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
    This happens?

Bovada has a Cash Out button where you can often cash out a wager pre-game or in-game.

The Cash Out button only goes down from your risk amount, never up that I have seen...until just now.

Moneyline on Utah St. 4.3. Last 3 minutes of the game. Looks like a good payout...yeah.

Suddenly the CashOut button appears. It is only slightly less than what I would win if the games goes my way(it did).

I might have taken it and locked the money up, but I had never seen it and it only last a few seconds. Game went my way and got a nice win, but this happens on Bovada? (Cash Out options that are higher than the risk amount).

Thanks.
    The cash out option for sports at bovada is not available for certain games. I guess it is decided by their sports department.

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

For me it is always a tempting option, though never a good deal.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

I've used the cashout option a couple times. You get the full amount back if the line hasn't moved and the game hasn't started. I've had it happen where I find a better line so I cashout my bovada bet and place the wager at the other book.

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

There is one rare scenario where the cash out is a great option. If you have closing line value on a cancelled event, you can cash out before they take it off the board. Results in a small profit instead of a void.