1. #36
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,121
    Betpoints: 4444

    I hope so too

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  2. #37
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 18,737
    Betpoints: 1541

    Man...the SIM games are an offshores DREAM....just tip it to your favor per game.....its like bovada's anonymous poker.......LOTTO LIKE....and simply unreal....
    Points Awarded:

    stackz125 gave PaperTrail07 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020


  3. #38
    stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-16
    Posts: 4,697
    Betpoints: 107

    Seems like the better betting sim games are going to get fked every time a glitch or what ever occurs.

    Books just begging for a glitch.


    Why even bother?

  4. #39
    stevenash
    Talk to me about MLB anything
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 32,928
    Betpoints: 2095

    Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Seems like the better betting sim games are going to get fked every time a glitch or what ever occurs.

    Books just begging for a glitch.


    Why even bother?
    You ever notice on the FanDuel SIM games the 5 max entry limit winners are always the one guy with the same winning lineup 5 times?
    Nobody has the kind of insight.
    Nobody.

  5. #40
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I hope so too
    Do you think I'll hear back today?

  6. #41
    PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 18,737
    Betpoints: 1541

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You ever notice on the FanDuel SIM games the 5 max entry limit winners are always the one guy with the same winning lineup 5 times?
    Nobody has the kind of insight.
    Nobody.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/06/2020


  7. #42
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Still haven't heard back from SBR yet.

    Hopefully today

  8. #43
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    still nothing, Hoping soon.

  9. #44
    Ant23
    Ant23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-19
    Posts: 394
    Betpoints: 10604

    Dang man......how long does it take to get an answer?

  10. #45
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant23 View Post
    Dang man......how long does it take to get an answer?
    I don't know man, I was told originally 24-48 hours.

    It's been nearly 7 days but I do understand SBR is busy so maybe there is just a backlog.

    Def not gonna crap on SBR because without them I wouldn't even have a chance, Just hopefully I hear back from them soon...

    but I'm not gonna lie I am starting to worry they just aren't going to address my complaint... Hopefully I'm wrong, Trying to keep faith alive.

  11. #46
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Update :

    SBR informed me they won't be pursuing my case as they said the terms cover this situation perfectly and there is nothing to dispute.

    "Regardless if a network/stream interruption occurs that makes one or more plays unavailable on the stream, final score is bidding for grading purposes of completed games"

    I don't agree at all that those terms cover my situation, I think it's 0% matching but I respect SBRs decision.

    They aren't the culprits here, very sad how 5dimes treats an extremely loyal longtime losing customer when they are clearly screwed over..

    I guess im in the wrong business hoping for some sort of human decency to be shown even in the form of SOMETHING goodwill.. even a measly $100 Freeplay or something.

    SBR can only do so much to help people getting robbed, Not their fault.


    Be careful betting sims guys, All I can say.

    Wow.. always thought 5dimes would have their players backs.. I guess I was stupid.
    Last edited by KyloRenDarkSide3; 06-19-20 at 07:07 PM.

  12. #47
    HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-07
    Posts: 9,326
    Betpoints: 3434

    Not that big of a surprise. It's not right, but contest rulings are at the discretion of the Book. BTW, 5D can remove the contest from you at any time. They did that to me when I had a 9 win streak on the line. So I didn't give the opportunity to score another huge prize . Coincidence? Unlikely.

  13. #48
    Grumsi
    Grumsi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-14
    Posts: 66
    Betpoints: 2052

    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Not that big of a surprise. It's not right, but contest rulings are at the discretion of the Book. BTW, 5D can remove the contest from you at any time. They did that to me when I had a 9 win streak on the line. So I didn't give the opportunity to score another huge prize . Coincidence? Unlikely.
    If that is true, 5D rating should be F. Pure logic and common sense. Or you had a magical way to cheat through competition? In that case, it was your fault and you should be banned.

  14. #49
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 25,635
    Betpoints: 2718

    Sorry OP but you’ve learned a valuable lesson. When it comes to offshore gambling you can never count on them to do the right thing. Also, you cannot rely on sbr to help you in a dispute especially with 5dimes.

  15. #50
    mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-17
    Posts: 2,724
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Sorry OP but you’ve learned a valuable lesson. When it comes to offshore gambling you can never count on them to do the right thing. Also, you cannot rely on sbr to help you in a dispute especially with 5dimes.
    That's why I'm glad there's legal books opening where I'm at. Something like this you can submit a grievance with the gaming board (not guaranteeing a positive outcome, but at least have a shot). Not going to totally abandon offshore, but with legal books, it gives me more outs (what's wrong with having more outs?) and it gives the offshore joints competition and maybe some of them become a little less arrogant now that we have more places we can take our business elsewhere.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  16. #51
    TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 2,532
    Betpoints: 23910

    Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Not that big of a surprise. It's not right, but contest rulings are at the discretion of the Book. BTW, 5D can remove the contest from you at any time. They did that to me when I had a 9 win streak on the line. So I didn't give the opportunity to score another huge prize . Coincidence? Unlikely.
    Did they give you any reason?

  17. #52
    HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-11-07
    Posts: 9,326
    Betpoints: 3434

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuesser View Post
    Did they give you any reason?
    They said I was a net winner and no longer eligible for the contest. My betting limits were cut in half as well at that time.

  18. #53
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,121
    Betpoints: 4444

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Sorry OP but you’ve learned a valuable lesson. When it comes to offshore gambling you can never count on them to do the right thing. Also, you cannot rely on sbr to help you in a dispute especially with 5dimes.
    I kind of resent you saying that. You're either being disingenuous or have no idea how many complaints SBR handles and how 5Dimes deals with every one fairly.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    That's why I'm glad there's legal books opening where I'm at. Something like this you can submit a grievance with the gaming board (not guaranteeing a positive outcome, but at least have a shot). Not going to totally abandon offshore, but with legal books, it gives me more outs (what's wrong with having more outs?) and it gives the offshore joints competition and maybe some of them become a little less arrogant now that we have more places we can take our business elsewhere.
    Can you two guys please show me the rule that this bet should have been graded differently under?

    And do you really think you would have more luck asking a US licensed book to ignore it's own rules than we do offshore???

    You're in dreamworld if so.


    5Dimes is fairer and more reasonable than ANY US licensed book you will ever deal with. One day you will agree with that statement for certain!

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  19. #54
    mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-17
    Posts: 2,724
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I kind of resent you saying that. You're either being disingenuous or have no idea how many complaints SBR handles and how 5Dimes deals with every one fairly.
    Can you two guys please show me the rule that this bet should have been graded differently under?
    No US Gaming regulator would honor that rule when there was evidence of a clear irregularity in the game. It's not like the broadcast went dark and all that happened was he missed viewing the game. The OP is describing there's an issue with the game itself that may have altered the actual outcome. If a casino can void any slot machine jackpot due to a "malfunction" then the same rule would likely apply here. The fair outcome would've been to void this game (I refuse to bet simulated games for this reason) and just make him submit another pick for his streak.


    And do you really think you would have more luck asking a US licensed book to ignore it's own rules than we do offshore???

    You're in dreamworld if so.
    When's the last time you hear about 5Dimes refunding bets that were losses out of goodwill? I can cite plenty of US books that did that.

    5Dimes is fairer and more reasonable than ANY US licensed book you will ever deal with. One day you will agree with that statement for certain!
    To be fair, I've personally had no problems with 5D's when placing bets (I've also had no unique issues needing to be resolved). On the other hand, the way they free rolled you with bitcoin deposits where you got less if the price dropped after 15 minutes, but never higher if the price jumped after 15 minutes and just gave you the quoted amount while the transaction was pending really irked me.

    I've seen a lot of the complaints and displays of their arrogance when Tony was running things because they were one of the few joints in town.

    Now I have the option where I don't have to deal with paying fees for bitcoin and waiting for the transaction to clear. (However, BetOnline is mitigating that with their 5% premium on Bitcoin deposits which I like).
    My point is more books are better for bettors. If they do something I don't like, I can at least move elsewhere to another book. Are you really going to sit there and say having fewer book options is better for bettors?
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 06-20-20 at 12:31 PM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/02/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020


  20. #55
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    No US Gaming regulator would honor that rule when there was evidence of a clear irregularity in the game. It's not like the broadcast went dark and all that happened was he missed viewing the game. The OP is describing there's an issue with the game itself that may have altered the actual outcome. If a casino can void any slot machine jackpot due to a "malfunction" then the same rule would likely apply here. The fair outcome would've been to void this game (I refuse to bet simulated games for this reason) and just make him submit another pick for his streak.



    When's the last time you hear about 5Dimes refunding bets that were losses out of goodwill? I can cite plenty of US books that did that.



    To be fair, I've personally had no problems with 5D's when placing bets (I've also had no unique issues needing to be resolved). On the other hand, the way they free rolled you with bitcoin deposits where you got less if the price dropped after 15 minutes, but never higher if the price jumped after 15 minutes and just gave you the quoted amount while the transaction was pending really irked me.

    I've seen a lot of the complaints and displays of their arrogance when Tony was running things because they were one of the few joints in town.

    Now I have the option where I don't have to deal with paying fees for bitcoin and waiting for the transaction to clear. (However, BetOnline is mitigating that with their 5% premium on Bitcoin deposits which I like).
    My point is more books are better for bettors. If they do something I don't like, I can at least move elsewhere to another book. Are you really going to sit there and say having fewer book options is better for bettors?
    I agree 100%

  21. #56
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-24-11
    Posts: 25,635
    Betpoints: 2718

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I kind of resent you saying that. You're either being disingenuous or have no idea how many complaints SBR handles and how 5Dimes deals with every one fairly.



    Can you two guys please show me the rule that this bet should have been graded differently under?

    And do you really think you would have more luck asking a US licensed book to ignore it's own rules than we do offshore???

    You're in dreamworld if so.


    5Dimes is fairer and more reasonable than ANY US licensed book you will ever deal with. One day you will agree with that statement for certain!
    The problem is the way that rule is written it does not state nor imply that the final score is binding for grading purposes even if a glitch occurs. Maybe they thought they were writing a catch all phrase but they missed. The bolder part of the rule only applies to the specific precursor they wrote out and nothing more should be implied.

    The right thing to do is void the bet and change the wording of their rule so it’s more specific and apply it going forward.

    They get to set the rules we play by so they too should be held accountable in instances like these when their rules are incorrectly applied

    Sentence structure and grammar is important when writing contracts
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KyloRenDarkSide3

  22. #57
    jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-24-20
    Posts: 76
    Betpoints: 459

    very interesting... hmmm

  23. #58
    PD77
    Status your update
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-11-09
    Posts: 1,685
    Betpoints: 128

    Quote Originally Posted by KyloRenDarkSide3 View Post
    Update :

    SBR informed me they won't be pursuing my case as they said the terms cover this situation perfectly and there is nothing to dispute.

    "Regardless if a network/stream interruption occurs that makes one or more plays unavailable on the stream, final score is bidding for grading purposes of completed games"

    I don't agree at all that those terms cover my situation, I think it's 0% matching but I respect SBRs decision.

    They aren't the culprits here, very sad how 5dimes treats an extremely loyal longtime losing customer when they are clearly screwed over..

    I guess im in the wrong business hoping for some sort of human decency to be shown even in the form of SOMETHING goodwill.. even a measly $100 Freeplay or something.

    SBR can only do so much to help people getting robbed, Not their fault.


    Be careful betting sims guys, All I can say.

    Wow.. always thought 5dimes would have their players backs.. I guess I was stupid.
    you must not be that long term of a player with 5Dimes if you expected some sort of goodwill from them. I learned that at least 15 years ago when I asked for a birthday bonus and they told me to suck it. I was like damn, and this was during a time when most every sportsbook/casino gave birthday and Christmas bonuses. 5Dimes has never had the players backs, ever, and they hardly ever give away free stuff. It does happen but it’s very rare. They’ll have first line supports back before the players. That’s why it’s so hard to accomplish anything at 5dimes if first line support rules against you. They forward to a manager and the manger says no. I had one go all the way to Becky and she said no without any explanation. In 5dimes eyes , their goodwill is allowing you to play at their shop, and they must have something because people are still lining up.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/09/2020


  24. #59
    dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-18
    Posts: 109
    Betpoints: 338

    Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    you must not be that long term of a player with 5Dimes if you expected some sort of goodwill from them. I learned that at least 15 years ago when I asked for a birthday bonus and they told me to suck it. I was like damn, and this was during a time when most every sportsbook/casino gave birthday and Christmas bonuses. 5Dimes has never had the players backs, ever, and they hardly ever give away free stuff. It does happen but it’s very rare. They’ll have first line supports back before the players. That’s why it’s so hard to accomplish anything at 5dimes if first line support rules against you. They forward to a manager and the manger says no. I had one go all the way to Becky and she said no without any explanation. In 5dimes eyes , their goodwill is allowing you to play at their shop, and they must have something because people are still lining up.
    as much as 5dimes annoys me with the minor stuff, the reality is they are just really top of the line with most of the basics. it's like.. amazon will irk me sometimes. can i get stuff at walmart instead? sure. is it just as good at times? sure. but will i? nope. my business means nothing to amazon overall.. so who loses out in the end if i go elsewhere? only me.

    for as pissed as i can get at times with 5D.. i'm sure i'd run into bigger (or more frequent) problems elsewhere. even though it sucks what happened to the OP, if he really enjoys playing there.. he should let it slide. i mean lets face it.. if any of us see better options for anything in life, we take it. you're not going to have the back of the business. we expect them to, but it's not realistic.

  25. #60
    MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-29-17
    Posts: 929
    Betpoints: 360

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    5Dimes is fairer and more reasonable than ANY US licensed book you will ever deal with. One day you will agree with that statement for certain!
    They're extremely fair in grading and rules interpretations and they've got an easy, streamlined setup for payouts, but one thing they suck at is bet limit slashing when a player shows consistent profits in a particular sport or bet type.

    Granted, any book will cut your limits sooner or later if you're on a nice run, but 5D lands very much on the "sooner" side of that spectrum and they don't just slash your limits to, say, $250 or $100 or even $50. Sometimes they slash them to $10, which can be interpreted as systematically eliminating each segment of the book you were profitable in, kind of a dick move.

    And it doesn't have to be that way: at Bookmaker, you can make tens of thousands over tens of thousands of dollars in a particular sport or bet type and the most they'll do is put you on their sharps list for automatic line moves when you bet. I've only heard of bet limit slashings there of 50% from max, no more.

    Don't get me wrong, 5D's still an extremely solid book, but to me they're more of a B or B+ book rather than an A+ book like Bookmaker.

  26. #61
    KyloRenDarkSide3
    KyloRenDarkSide3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-19
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 228

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The problem is the way that rule is written it does not state nor imply that the final score is binding for grading purposes even if a glitch occurs. Maybe they thought they were writing a catch all phrase but they missed. The bolder part of the rule only applies to the specific precursor they wrote out and nothing more should be implied.

    The right thing to do is void the bet and change the wording of their rule so it’s more specific and apply it going forward.

    They get to set the rules we play by so they too should be held accountable in instances like these when their rules are incorrectly applied

    Sentence structure and grammar is important when writing contracts
    Very well said, My thoughts exactly.

First 12
Top