frenchbettor
    frenchbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Unfair settlement by Nitrogensports

Hello,

I would like you opinion on settlement by nitrogensports.

I have place multiple bets on a hockey game: Soligorsk - Yunost Minsk https://www.flashscore.com/match/QFc...#match-summary

There was 2 markets, one with the draw option and the other with just the ML

I placed bets on the two market on Yunost Minsk with the following odd: 2.045 (with the draw option) and 1.650 without the draw option.

Yunost Minsk won it OT and all bets were settle as lost.

I challenged the decision before nitrogen as for me the bets without draw option should have been settled as won.

This is the answer i got:
    We can confirm that both slips have been graded correctly. As OT is not included unless otherwise specified on the slip description. Please refer to our hockey rules in our website: Regulation Time Unless otherwise stated, all bets for hockey are for regulation time only and not include overtime or penalty shootouts. If a line includes overtime it will be clearly stated on the betslip - please check your betslip carefully. Penalty shootouts are considered part of overtime. I hope this brief explanation answers your questions but if you need further assistance, we are always available via this method.

They are right OT included was not specified in the description, however the odd was clearly for a market with no draw possibility and are consistent with competition (https://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hock...e=yunost-minsk).

Moreover they are unable to justify why on the same game the ML with the draw option had significant higher odd than the one without whereas if both are OT not included odd should have been identital, draw option or not.

I would like your opinion and if possible, SBR to look into it

Thanks to all
    Last edited by frenchbettor; 03-31-20 at 04:00 PM.

frenchbettor

my opinion is that The bet should have been settled as a push as there was no draw option and it was OT not included

frenchbettor

For those who have a nitro account this is the kind of marker i am talking about https://nitrogensports.eu/sport/Hock...us%20Extraliga

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

sorry, but they are correct. as you already mentioned, they did not specify OT as being part of the match. you straight up wagered on minsk to win in regulation time at different odds. the drop in the odds and removal of the draw option was most likely due to the fact minsk' odds were shifting across the board from around +110 to an eventual -125.

frenchbettor

The odd was the same as ML on every other bon book and it was 2.3 for the other side so coherente with the absence of draw option

dxp

ultimately, it doesn't matter. if "OT included" was not featured, which you said it wasn't, then overtime clearly doesn't count. you took them at +105 and -154. a lot of books had minsk opening around +110, then dropped them towards -120.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9892

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    ultimately, it doesn't matter. if "OT included" was not featured, which you said it wasn't, then overtime clearly doesn't count.
    well, nonetheless, I'd say every kind of market which can result in a "bookie takes it all" outcome is per se "unfair", isn't it?!

Some other bookies did the same in the past, grading all bets on 1-2 boxing fights as a loss when it ended with a draw, for example - but that doesn't really make it any better.

dxp

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    well, nonetheless, I'd say every kind of market which can result in a "bookie takes it all" outcome is per se "unfair", isn't it?!

Some other bookies did the same in the past, grading all bets on 1-2 boxing fights as a loss when it ended with a draw, for example - but that doesn't really make it any better.
    he already placed his wager on minsk at +105 with the draw option available. sometimes over/under, moneyline, spread options temporarily disappear. the draw option getting bounced for a little had no impact on his wagers. he wanted minsk, and it was available the whole time at dropping odds.

now, if a book is purposely leaving out the draw, then i can see where that's a bit cheesy. i certainly wouldn't call it "unfair" though. the majority of bettors are not looking to wager on a draw. so if one really wants it.. they can just choose not to bet on that match, request it or do it at a different book.

infotimbo

now, if a book is purposely leaving out the draw, then i can see where that's a bit cheesy. i certainly wouldn't call it "unfair" though. the majority of bettors are not looking to wager on a draw. so if one really wants it.. they can just choose not to bet on that match, request it or do it at a different book.
    the way I understood it, there were (as usual, in ice hockey) two different markets available, one with X, and one without X - and he placed bets on both (probably to maximize the limits, or split the risk, which is fine). And if this was the case, bets on the market without X should be refunded, in my opinion.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbettor View Post
    They are right OT included was not specified in the description, however the odd was clearly for a market with no draw possibility and are consistent with competition (https://www.oddschecker.com/ice-hock...e=yunost-minsk).

Moreover they are unable to justify why on the same game the ML with the draw option had significant higher odd than the one without whereas if both are OT not included odd should have been identital, draw option or not.

I would like your opinion and if possible, SBR to look into it

Thanks to all

I agree with DXP's explanation of why the odds do not make it clear it should be a 3 way line and not 2 way line.

And the second part... it's a different unconnected market and has been bet differently, and moved differently.

I don't use Nitro but very often see the same thing on 5Dimes between similar markets on the same event.

infotimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't use Nitro but very often see the same thing on 5Dimes between similar markets on the same event.
    why would they have two similar 1-x-2 markets though? I don't think I have ever seen that.

frenchbettor

Please note that Nitro settled the bet as a push recognizing it makes a mistake.

Optional

why would they have two similar 1-x-2 markets though? I don't think I have ever seen that.
    I'm really not sure why they had both, but they can. Do you think one of them was meant to Inc OT but was not marked that way?

Not much of a hockey bettor anymore, but I see weird odds a lot in similar motorsport markets. They may have a driver in win market at +200 and also run a prop that has same driver +210/-260.

It's just due to them managing markets as being completely separate.

Optional

Please note that Nitro settled the bet as a push recognizing it makes a mistake.
    Ah good... I was just scratching my head wondering why the 2 way line didn't push.

infotimbo

I'm really not sure why they had both, but they can. Do you think one of them was meant to Inc OT but was not marked that way?
    either that, or it was supposed to be a draw-no-bet kind of market - I would think that that's more realistically than having a 1-x-2 market where the X just disappears at least.

But seems like it has been re-settled now anyway.

dxp

the way I understood it, there were (as usual, in ice hockey) two different markets available, one with X, and one without X - and he placed bets on both (probably to maximize the limits, or split the risk, which is fine). And if this was the case, bets on the market without X should be refunded, in my opinion.
    i definitely get what you're saying, but it doesn't quite line up with what he's describing.

from what i remember, the draw option usually adds around +80, +90 to the moneyline. so if he took minsk at +105 with the draw option, then they should have been around -175 to -185 without it. but the line was also shifting against them. so if there was any delay in him placing that 2nd wager, they would have actually been over -200.. not the -154 he got. but that's just my opinion on it.

the true issue for his complaint though is what he listed in the rules with the original post; If a line includes overtime it will be clearly stated on the betslip - please check your betslip carefully.

if you just place that wager and it doesn't say anything on the slip or in the wager history description.. then you technically have no proof OT was included. reality is you have to screenshot and read EVERY wager you make. not just for book errors, but for your own clarity.

dxp

glad you got something back. if you're placing these wagers with NO description on the slip or in the history though.. you're just playing with fire.

frenchbettor

Thanks
    Last edited by frenchbettor; 04-01-20 at 09:05 AM.

frenchbettor

i definitely get what you're saying, but it doesn't quite line up with what he's describing.

from what i remember, the draw option usually adds around +80, +90 to the moneyline. so if he took minsk at +105 with the draw option, then they should have been around -175 to -185 without it. but the line was also shifting against them. so if there was any delay in him placing that 2nd wager, they would have actually been over -200.. not the -154 he got. but that's just my opinion on it.

the true issue for his complaint though is what he listed in the rules with the original post; If a line includes overtime it will be clearly stated on the betslip - please check your betslip carefully.

if you just place that wager and it doesn't say anything on the slip or in the wager history description.. then you technically have no proof OT was included. reality is you have to screenshot and read EVERY wager you make. not just for book errors, but for your own clarity.
    Just to specify, my complaint was not that the OT was included but that the bet should have been pushed because it was clearly a draw no bet kind of market

frenchbettor

Ah good... I was just scratching my head wondering why the 2 way line didn't push.
    Me neither, thanks again for your views on this

Optional

Just to specify, my complaint was not that the OT was included but that the bet should have been pushed because it was clearly a draw no bet kind of market
    Me neither, thanks again for your views on this
    Sorry I didn't pick up what you meant at first. You were correct from the start but just explained it in a way that sent us all off track