ColdSky
    ColdSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Bet2U Stealing Funds Again

Hi Guys, I have heard that SBR are able to help with bookmakers stealing (confiscating) customers’ funds.

I will try to simplify this post as much as possible, because there is quite a lot to get through, but I can further explain anything and have proof of emails and live chat transcripts, but I can’t provide proof of bets or bet histories, because the account is now closed.

My account number was: 94075618
    Final Balance: 1,803.80 EUR

I won’t use my name or country of residence in this message to remain a bit more anonymous.

Basically the whole story boils down to Bet2U stealing the full balance on my account due to being from United Kingdom but residing in a country in south east asia.

History:

16/01/2019

I signed up to Bet2U and claimed their signup bonus.

21/01/2019

I uploaded verification documents (UK Passport, Front and back of Internet Bill from the country in south east asia)

These documents were marked as checked and verified on the website (the statuses’ were all marked in green as checked with a tick next to them.)

They emailed me and asked me for an ID card from the Asian Country. I sent them a copy of my driving licence from said country

They then replied with:“A valid ID card or a Passport is required, not a driving license. Please send it in order to proceed with the verification process.”

However section 2.1.1a of the general terms and conditions on the Bet2U website clearly states that this information must be provided:

“date of birth and provide valid identification showing that the player is over eighteen (18) years of age or the applicable legal age of majority as stipulated in the jurisdiction of your residence (identification documents which must be submitted include: copy of a valid identity card, passport or driving license);”

Notice above “valid identity card, passport or driving license”.
    Emphasis on the use of the word “or”

22/01/2019

They then asked me if I had dual citizenship of both United Kingdom and the country in Asia, I replied no, but I am a resident of said country.

(I have proof that I am residing in this country in many different forms including utility bills, school fees, house rent payments, bills, proof of residence certificates, bike ownership documents etc)

Being a resident of a country and having a passport from another country are completely different things.

They then replied with “Unfortunately, in case you are only a citizen of United Kingdom you will not be able to use the website.”

I asked for my balance to be returned back to my ecopayz account; however they didn’t ever respond to this email.(all rollover and bonus requirements were fulfilled at this point)I also tried to make a withdrawal request via the website, but it always resulted in an error.

25/01/2019

At this point they were holding my money hostage and were demanding documents which were clearly unobtainable. Also the reasons that they were stating disagree with what is stated in their terms and conditions.

Because of this and the fact that they had not replied to my email request for my money back for 3 days, I decided to log into my account and explain the situation to a live chat agent.

The live agent just brushed me off and suggested that I email in again, I asked if she could relay the information that I shared with her to the department that she suggested.

I offered again to provide: A letter of residence from my embassy and the immigration division of country that I am registered to on Bet2U.All pages of my passport and a video call, so that they can see my house and road and me entering and leaving my house, letters addressed to me etc etc.

I am an open book in this regard and am able to do anything within reason to verify my account, however I cannot show them documents which don’t exist.

30/01/2019

I received an email back, not taking into account any of the information or suggestions that I offered them, the email simply stated:“Thank you for contacting us. Your query had been forwarded to our legal department and we received a report that we are unable to provide our services to citizens of the United Kingdom regardless of their country of residence as our operating license does not allow for it. Therefore, we are legally bound to close your account permanently and return your deposit. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.”

Obviously the account was closed and unsurprisingly the deposit was not returned.I replied telling them that they have not sent my deposit back and when they do send it that they should send the full balance not just the deposit, still no reply.
    Last edited by ColdSky; 02-03-19 at 07:24 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I don't know of a legal problem with servicing UK citizens genuinely residing in another country.

That said, how do you argue with someone who says they are following their own lawyers advice? Get another lawyer to give an opinion? And have the two of them argue it out?

I'm not sure what we can do here about the ruling, but if you send in a complaint form we can ask them about it, and the remittance of your money.

ColdSky
    ColdSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Thanks for the reply @Optional, I have submitted a complaint form, thanks for the help.

"That said, how do you argue with someone who says they are following their own lawyers advice? Get another lawyer to give an opinion? And have the two of them argue it out?"

I think hiring a lawyer would end up being a situation of just throwing more money down a rabbit hole; but saying that, if enough of us start standing up to firms like this then maybe it will reduce the amount that they act in this way.

If it comes to it, I will look into it.

KittiP
    KittiP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

What happened with this?
    Did you get anything back?

Did you see this part of their T&C's

"2.1.2 Minors cannot register as a player and cannot hold a Bet2U Account. Bet2U reserves the right to request additional proof of age and perform additional checks in order to verify the information provided. A Bet2U Account may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided.2.1.3 An individual applying to become an Account Holder furthermore guarantees :a. to be a physical person (a legal entity will not be accepted as an Account Holder);b. That he/she is not a resident or a citizen of France and other French territories, United States of America and other U.S. territories, Russia, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Great Britain and other minor territories of Great Britain. Bet2U reserves the right to block the access to Bet2U.com and to withhold the winnings of any users from these territories."

Seems like a bit of an odd rule to say "resident or citizen"

I tried to look for google cached screenshots of the terms and conditions, but couldn't find any before your date of your registration.