captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

Interesting Live bet situation

So i am just curious on peoples takes on this I know there was someone else though who had their entire winnings confiscated because he knew it was a bad line and everyone just jumped all over him about it.

I am in Youwager looking at live Bets . It was the Monfils match. I am looking at the Over the score i think was 6-4 First Set Monfils and second set was at i think 4-3 Monfils about to serve . The Over came on at +350 or so. at 19.5 on the Over . I though that was a really great price i was actually going to grab that because if monfils wins on his serve it wins And it still had a chance if it lost.

Then just before i hit to do it , the price goes up to +640 and Monfils actually won the first point 15-0 . I am glad i was paying attention because i knew something at that point was wrong. I never made the bet because i knew there was something seriously wrong going on as it got as high as +1500 at 19.5 even with him easily winning that game.

This was at Youwager and it made me think of the other thread where the guy said he made a bet on a bad line. And they took ALL his winnings away. I have a very large amount in there right now Over $13000 . It made me wonder what would have happened if i placed that first bet. I almost did thinking it was an incredible value maybe they knew something i did not who knows. But then once it went up from there i would not touch it.

But what if i had did the first one. Could this be on purpose to get you to place a bet that they will say is a bad line and take your whole amount. Like my entire $13000 + ? They did that to the other guy.

I did not do that but what if i was not paying attention or something or hit the wrong button. Seriously i did that once it changed and i looked at it wrong and hit it wrong. Luckily it won . And what if i placed that +350 bet. I thought it was incredibly a good value but i honestly did not feel it was a obvious bad line until it shot up from there. I am just really glad i did not take it because i wonder if i would be fighting with them if i did. And is it my responsibility to keep track of all this stuff. I try but sometimes it moves so fast i did hit a wrong button once .

Again i did not bet it. But i am a little concerned now in case i ever do hit a bet that i just think is a good value and not a wrong line .

DR225
    DR225's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

If you bet a bad line, at worst they will void your bet and then make you withdraw your balance. A respectable book would never steal your balance.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

in that situation, its best not to have 13k in your balance would be my advice.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    in that situation, its best not to have 13k in your balance would be my advice.
    I have no choice it has a 30 day hold with the Bonus i started at .

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    So i am just curious on peoples takes on this I know there was someone else though who had their entire winnings confiscated because he knew it was a bad line and everyone just jumped all over him about it.

I am in Youwager looking at live Bets . It was the Monfils match. I am looking at the Over the score i think was 6-4 First Set Monfils and second set was at i think 4-3 Monfils about to serve . The Over came on at +350 or so. at 19.5 on the Over . I though that was a really great price i was actually going to grab that because if monfils wins on his serve it wins And it still had a chance if it lost.

Then just before i hit to do it , the price goes up to +640 and Monfils actually won the first point 15-0 . I am glad i was paying attention because i knew something at that point was wrong. I never made the bet because i knew there was something seriously wrong going on as it got as high as +1500 at 19.5 even with him easily winning that game.

This was at Youwager and it made me think of the other thread where the guy said he made a bet on a bad line. And they took ALL his winnings away. I have a very large amount in there right now Over $13000 . It made me wonder what would have happened if i placed that first bet. I almost did thinking it was an incredible value maybe they knew something i did not who knows. But then once it went up from there i would not touch it.

But what if i had did the first one. Could this be on purpose to get you to place a bet that they will say is a bad line and take your whole amount. Like my entire $13000 + ? They did that to the other guy.

I did not do that but what if i was not paying attention or something or hit the wrong button. Seriously i did that once it changed and i looked at it wrong and hit it wrong. Luckily it won . And what if i placed that +350 bet. I thought it was incredibly a good value but i honestly did not feel it was a obvious bad line until it shot up from there. I am just really glad i did not take it because i wonder if i would be fighting with them if i did. And is it my responsibility to keep track of all this stuff. I try but sometimes it moves so fast i did hit a wrong button once .

Again i did not bet it. But i am a little concerned now in case i ever do hit a bet that i just think is a good value and not a wrong line .
    They did not attempt to touch the other players balance. They just decided to cancel all bets on the market the other player placed. Including 1 good bet.

Offshore books generally do not do anything about hitting bad lines (apart from cancelling bets) unless you go crazy and slam way over your normal bet size, or hit bad lines regularly. If it looks really obvious you knew it was wrong and tried to take max advantage they can get nasty. Not confiscate 13k fairly won balance nasty though.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    They did not attempt to touch the other players balance. They just decided to cancel all bets on the market the other player placed. Including 1 good bet.

Offshore books generally do not do anything about hitting bad lines (apart from cancelling bets) unless you go crazy and slam way over your normal bet size, or hit bad lines regularly. If it looks really obvious you knew it was wrong and tried to take max advantage they can get nasty. Not confiscate 13k fairly won balance nasty though.
    Once it got past that initial amount i knew it was bad so i avoided it. But still i wonder what would have happened if i bet it at +350 i am glad i did not though.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post

Once it got past that initial amount i knew it was bad so i avoided it. But still i wonder what would have happened if i bet it at +350 i am glad i did not though.
    Would have been cancelled is all. One bet at normal size doesnt annoy them.

If you bet +350, +650 and again at +1500 they would likely put a note on your account as having taken the shot, or boot you, but your 13k balance would never been in question at Youwager, or any of the top rated offshores, over it.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

one of the biggest bad line errors was at paddy power.

they had live play a soccer team at 30/1 +3000 - when it should have been +200 or something..

everyone who withdraw got to keep the cash, but the honest guys who left it in the balance, got the winnings taken off.