1. #1
    Cathalmc24
    Cathalmc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-17
    Posts: 3
    Betpoints: 12

    William Hill verification problem

    Hi, I recently had my william hill account suspended and I have Tried to verify it 5 times by sending on my I. D but they just kept saying I had to email them which I did a picture of my passport and its been 4 days and I still have had no reply. I have Money in the account and they won't let me access to it and they won't help. Any one help me get my money.

  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,276
    Betpoints: 1888

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalmc24 View Post
    Hi, I recently had my william hill account suspended and I have Tried to verify it 5 times by sending on my I. D but they just kept saying I had to email them which I did a picture of my passport and its been 4 days and I still have had no reply. I have Money in the account and they won't let me access to it and they won't help. Any one help me get my money.
    4 days is not unusual really. And it's the weekend now. Often the security people who do these reviews only work Mon-Fri.

    Not sure what was going on with sending 5 times but if they are telling you to keep waiting I'd try to stay patient a bit longer. There isn't really a lot anyone can do for you that will hurry up the KYC process anyway.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #3
    Cathalmc24
    Cathalmc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-17
    Posts: 3
    Betpoints: 12

    Sound, but it's very annoying when I've money and they won't give it back. I tried ringing them aswel but no luck.

  4. #4
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,276
    Betpoints: 1888

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathalmc24 View Post
    Sound, but it's very annoying when I've money and they won't give it back. I tried ringing them aswel but no luck.
    Agree it's frustrating. Lots of people start threads like this one.

    Reality is that you are better to just try to give them what they want and not object too hard as that only seems to make them suspicious rather than helping sometimes.

    In general WH take 1 to 2 weeks if you are sent for second level KYC (which is when they start requesting extra documents or selfies etc)

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #5
    Cathalmc24
    Cathalmc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-17
    Posts: 3
    Betpoints: 12

    Thanks a lot for your help mate

  6. #6
    oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-17
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Reality is that you are better to just try to give them what they want and not object too hard as that only seems to make them suspicious rather than helping sometimes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_by_ordeal
    Points Awarded:

    barkus gave oiisbr 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,276
    Betpoints: 1888

    Quote Originally Posted by oiisbr View Post
    As long as they treat everyone the same and do it in a reasonable timeframe, it's an ordeal we are kind of stuck dealing with if we want to use UK based books. The newest rules there make it financially dangerous for the books not to follow every rule exactly. There have been a couple of huge fines given to books there.

    Not saying it's great, just that it is what it is and individuals are not helping themselves kicking up a fuss as they go through it.

    If people still feel like it was out of line after getting account access back, then that is the time to complain to the UKGC and the other consumer protection agencies in the UK or local members or whatever. The rules make it almost impossible to do much mid investigation. If a player refuses to comply they can take whatever action they like but will hit the roadblock that the legislation specifically says the books should do nothing more if you refuse the normal requests.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-17
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    As long as they treat everyone the same and do it in a reasonable timeframe, it's an ordeal we are kind of stuck dealing with if we want to use UK based books. The newest rules there make it financially dangerous for the books not to follow every rule exactly. There have been a couple of huge fines given to books there.

    Not saying it's great, just that it is what it is and individuals are not helping themselves kicking up a fuss as they go through it.

    If people still feel like it was out of line after getting account access back, then that is the time to complain to the UKGC and the other consumer protection agencies in the UK or local members or whatever. The rules make it almost impossible to do much mid investigation. If a player refuses to comply they can take whatever action they like but will hit the roadblock that the legislation specifically says the books should do nothing more if you refuse the normal requests.
    There is a conflict of interest here. Books have all the power. Maybe they request 10 documents from a guy because there is a legitimate money laundering concern. Maybe they do it because he won and they want to give him a hard time. Maybe they are doing it because he has a big balance and they want to take a shot at confiscating his money.

    The process as it currently stands is so obviously vulnerable to corruption from the books that I can't believe legislators determined this was the best way to do it.

    Sports betting industry is lagging way behind other financial institutions that deal with much larger amounts, every day. It stinks of dishonesty and I refuse to believe books like bet365 aren't taking advantage of this, when you read about stories every week that just don't happen in any other industry.

  9. #9
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,276
    Betpoints: 1888

    No argument there Oiisbr. The UK system sucks badly.

    Very pleased as an Australian I have a locally licensed option for all those UK books personally.

    In fact the stark difference in the way WH and the others are allowed to act in Australia compared to the UK illustrates how shockingly bad the UK regulatory environment is right now.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #10
    piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-02-13
    Posts: 105
    Betpoints: 594

    People just should beting with normal bookmakers who are friendly- will hill is well know as troublemaker on arbusers is interesting topic about verification with WH
    Last edited by piterp; 10-29-17 at 12:44 AM.

  11. #11
    Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-18-08
    Posts: 477
    Betpoints: 534

    There is something very wrong with how Williamhill conducts its 'security' I had my one and only account there for over 10 years then out of the blue it was 'suspended pending investigation'.

    Numerous emails, livechat, phone calls gave no reply & no reason why, other than I would receive an answer in due course. As someone who lives in the far North of England I even volunteered to drive down to Leeds head office with my documents to prove who I am but was fobbed off by telling me investigations & subject access requests have to go via Gibraltar and not their head office.

    13 months later I receive an email telling me I am going to be charged an 'Inactive account' fee each month until the balance of my 'suspended' account reached zero.

    I contacted livechat again, to ask what the hell was going on, and was told my account is now active after 13 months, 'would I now like to place a bet?' Are you fkin kiddin me? I angrily withdrew my 330 balance and closed my account, they told me they understood why I was unhappy with the treatment I received, after closure if I wanted to come back and open a new account I could.......yeah right. No explanation, no apology.....absolute zero.

    Months later after I had cooled down, I decided to re-join and open another account, livechat told me this was fine as my old account was closed & effectively binned. However here's the final kick in the gonads...........

    I opened the new account through the SBR link, thinking I was giving something back to them, sent my account ID and used it to go SBR PRO once again.......SBR Admin contact Williamhill, who give my old closed account details saying its no longer open, wtf?? (my new account if fully open and still being used) SBR Admin decide to behave in similar vein to Wiliiamhill ..........revoke my SBR PRO account, dont reply to polite emails & arbitrarily confiscate almost 23,000 points.

    You really couldnt make it up.......Caveat Emptor

  12. #12
    xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-08
    Posts: 782
    Betpoints: 1864

    I sent my documents in before depositing or playing there. It was processed within a couple days and never had an issue with payouts or otherwise. This is with Will Hill Canada, I'm not sure if they have different management overseeing their different branches and it's a different experience for other countries.

  13. #13
    oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-17
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    No argument there Oiisbr. The UK system sucks badly.

    Very pleased as an Australian I have a locally licensed option for all those UK books personally.

    In fact the stark difference in the way WH and the others are allowed to act in Australia compared to the UK illustrates how shockingly bad the UK regulatory environment is right now.
    I had a post deleted in this thread, probably for my tone. But let me rephrase it.

    The current state of UK books is partially the way it is because players have no recourse. This is exactly the purpose of SBR. It's a large organization with lots of members and lots of money. SBR makes a ton off advertising and affiliate deals, getting a portion of players losses. It would be the least it could do to actually give something back to players by taking a stand against what the UK books are doing. As it is, players are getting screwed badly by the likes of Will Hill, bet365 and other UK books, and they have no recourse. SBR could make a difference if they wanted to.

    1. Downgrade the worst offenders (ratings for Will Hill and bet365 are laughable)
    2. Publicize complaints when players have to send in all these documents so that people are aware of what the books are pulling
    3. Act as a credible third-party in disputes where there is a conflict of interest

    It's not too late. Would love to see SBR take a more active role in defending players. I think it would do a lot to rehab SBR's reputation in from the player's perspective.

  14. #14
    piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-02-13
    Posts: 105
    Betpoints: 594

    Quote Originally Posted by oiisbr View Post
    1. Downgrade the worst offenders (ratings for Will Hill and bet365 are laughable)
    Will hill is rated high only on sbr
    rating on trustpilot 0.8/10
    Last edited by piterp; 11-02-17 at 08:18 PM.

  15. #15
    xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-16-08
    Posts: 782
    Betpoints: 1864

    Quote Originally Posted by piterp View Post
    Will hill is rated high only on sbr
    rating on trustpilot 0.8/10
    In fairness, all of the sportsbook on there are rated poorly. Pinnacle is a 4.9/10

    From reading the reviews, it's people complaining about rollover requirements on bonuses. Others are probably going off because they lost their shirt. And then there are legit complaints lost in there.

  16. #16
    piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-02-13
    Posts: 105
    Betpoints: 594

    In fairness 4.9 is 6 times better in 0.8 but different country different match and ask yourself why will hillis rated high on affiliate sites and low on normal review websites

  17. #17
    rodneytrotter
    rodneytrotter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-21-11
    Posts: 67
    Betpoints: 42

    UK sportsbooks are drowning in people signing up (and their every living relation) to take advantage of the sign up bonus, enhanced odds, promotions etc.

    Some of these verification problems have therefore been self inflicted, as they try to catch the cheats. They were not always like this.

  18. #18
    piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-02-13
    Posts: 105
    Betpoints: 594

    All this offers are part of business bookmakers always cry because they are greedy

    very interesting topic(first post) with special quest alfa1234
    hxxp://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,3676.0.html
    Last edited by piterp; 11-05-17 at 08:31 AM.

  19. #19
    Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-15
    Posts: 598
    Betpoints: 2336

    I have given up long ago and left them the money. They can go screw themselves, but I would not advise anyone to ever open an account with them again. They deserve a D- instead of an A rating here...but I understand SBR as they are probably a sponsor.

    For the record, that was my one and only account with them...I don't use other ID's or anything so they had absolutely no reason to screw me over besides not wanting to pay a winning client. There is no excuse for paying a client by bank transfer and then all of a sudden decide to "unverify" the account when he wants to withdraw more winnings through bank transfer. Guess they're still working to verify the documents as my last mail is dated about 2 years ago and still haven't gotten a reply (nor have I received a reply to any of my other 15 or so mails).

    Oh...and SBR basically said "we cannot help you as the account is not verified". Nice work around for bookies...simply never verify the account and you're golden with all regulators.
    Last edited by Alfa1234; 11-05-17 at 10:05 AM.

    BTP
    Week 11
    4-1-0 264 pts

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/13/2017


  20. #20
    lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-16
    Posts: 294
    Betpoints: 1939

    Did you find an "I" for "Independent" in SBR?


  21. #21
    barkus
    barkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-19-07
    Posts: 73
    Betpoints: 1974

    I had a week of back and forth with their verification process. They wanted ID and utility bill, then a pic with me holding bill, then a better quality pic, then another pic but with four corners of the bill showing. It was a bit annoying, but I got paid in the end which is all that really matters.

  22. #22
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,276
    Betpoints: 1888

    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I had a week of back and forth with their verification process. They wanted ID and utility bill, then a pic with me holding bill, then a better quality pic, then another pic but with four corners of the bill showing. It was a bit annoying, but I got paid in the end which is all that really matters.
    Thanks for updating the thread and good to hear it went through in the end.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  23. #23
    oiisbr
    oiisbr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-09-17
    Posts: 30
    Betpoints: 290

    Quote Originally Posted by oiisbr View Post
    I had a post deleted in this thread, probably for my tone. But let me rephrase it.

    The current state of UK books is partially the way it is because players have no recourse. This is exactly the purpose of SBR. It's a large organization with lots of members and lots of money. SBR makes a ton off advertising and affiliate deals, getting a portion of players losses. It would be the least it could do to actually give something back to players by taking a stand against what the UK books are doing. As it is, players are getting screwed badly by the likes of Will Hill, bet365 and other UK books, and they have no recourse. SBR could make a difference if they wanted to.

    1. Downgrade the worst offenders (ratings for Will Hill and bet365 are laughable)
    2. Publicize complaints when players have to send in all these documents so that people are aware of what the books are pulling
    3. Act as a credible third-party in disputes where there is a conflict of interest

    It's not too late. Would love to see SBR take a more active role in defending players. I think it would do a lot to rehab SBR's reputation in from the player's perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

    Thanks for updating the thread and good to hear it went through in the end.



Top