bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Have been waiting 2 days now for a transaction. This is beyond ridiculous. I used the fee blockchain suggested (120.3) and it said would be confirmed in 2 blocks, or 20 minutes.....its been 48 hours. Something needs done about this. There's no reason a transaction should be skipped this long of a few cents in fees. I wish I knew how to send it out again with higher fees.

Miners need to realize people will stop using bitcoin because of things like this. No one is going to want to purchase bitcoin--something that is supposed to be instant--and what days for it to go through and risk the possibility of it dropping in value

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Wanted to bet the fights tonight but that's looking unlikely

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 368

My Bovada payout never made it through the blockchain. Bitcoin was looking like the new neteller for awhile.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

For you guys waiting for your received transaction to confirm, here is a simple trick..

generate another wallet address or send to another one of your wallets with the unconfirmed funds... attach a higher fee.... one to be sure to get confirmed... 220 satoshis/byte will do it

this will get both transactions confirmed, as the lower fee will be piggy backed on to the newest transaction with the sufficient fee

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    For you guys waiting for your received transaction to confirm, here is a simple trick..

generate another wallet address or send to another one of your wallets with the unconfirmed funds... attach a higher fee.... one to be sure to get confirmed... 220 satoshis/byte will do it

this will get both transactions confirmed, as the lower fee will be piggy backed on to the newest transaction with the sufficient fee
    Not sure what you mean. Can you explain it better?

bitcoinLuke

I've been waiting about 55 hours now for a bitcoin transaction with 120.3 satishis fees. Didnt know anything about fees before this and just did what blockchain suggested. They said it would be confirmed in 20 minutes.

Here's my transaction:

DroopyDog

Luke, what i described is to speed up a transaction you have received......not a transaction you have sent

bitcoinLuke

Luke, what i described is to speed up a transaction you have received......not a transaction you have sent
    Oh. Well any help with one I've sent?

DroopyDog

luke, google "viabtc accelerator" input the id and give that a shot

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

This really works? Wish I would have known about this earlier. Does it have to be the very next transaction you make or could the piggy backing still work several transactions down the line?

DroopyDog

doesnt have to be the very next txn

bitcoinLuke

Tried it and it said it was acclerated. Thanks. Hopefully it will work. Been waiting way too long

bitcoinLuke

Holy shit, man, it worked .Thank you so much

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bitcoinLuke View Post
    Nice! I tried the accelerator two days ago, but it still didn't help Bovada's transaction go through. Maybe because it was too big. It was 3 Coins

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Yesterday I had a transaction for two dimes go through in 5 minutes. Then I made a second transaction for a measly hundred and fifty bucks and I'm still waiting on that one to go through.

Does anyone know if I can set my blockchain wallet up to always at a higher fee I'm guessing I have to do it through my desktop in the settings?

BrickJames
    Action

I tried this accelerator and it says they're at their submission capacity.

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I tried this accelerator and it says they're at their submission capacity.
    Try again at the top of the hour. They only take 100 transactions per hour.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by msutter View Post
    Try again at the top of the hour. They only take 100 transactions per hour.
    It worked

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

If your wallet's at Blockchain.info, you can pick your own fees by clicking the "Advanced" button on each Withdrawal form. Then just double or triple the fees they suggest, tell them to go blow themselves when they object (tripling a number near zero's still a number near zero), then Send and you'll cut to the front of the confirmations line.

BUT, right now I think Blockchain.info's got a site specific problem, so that advice, normally pretty solid, might not work right now.

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    It worked

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    If your wallet's at Blockchain.info, you can pick your own fees by clicking the "Advanced" button on each Withdrawal form. Then just double or triple the fees they suggest, tell them to go blow themselves when they object (tripling a number near zero's still a number near zero), then Send and you'll cut to the front of the confirmations line.

BUT, right now I think Blockchain.info's got a site specific problem, so that advice, normally pretty solid, might not work right now.
    Ok. I saw this the other day but didn't know how much to change it to.

Thanks

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    I think the issue with Blockchain.info is that their default miners fee is 120 Satoshi/B. That's way too low of a fee to get transfers confirmed in a timely manner. I just sent some funds from Coinbase to Blockchain and saw that Coinbase has a default miner fee 265 Satoshi/B. The transaction was confirmed almost instantly. When sending through Blockchain definitely double the miner fee and you should be fine.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by msutter View Post
    I think the issue with Blockchain.info is that their default miners fee is 120 Satoshi/B. That's way too low of a fee to get transfers confirmed in a timely manner. I just sent some funds from Coinbase to Blockchain and saw that Coinbase has a default miner fee 265 Satoshi/B. The transaction was confirmed almost instantly. When sending through Blockchain definitely double the miner fee and you should be fine.
    Ah, interesting, yeah, that explains it. And I totally agree w/ always doubling or tripling blockchain.info's suggested fees.

They CLAIM they've got some fancy dynamic algorithm that's supposed to pick optimal fees based on current congestion, but that's BS. A monkey throwing darts at a random fees board would have a better chance of getting you quick confirmations than Blockchain's "algorithm".

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

thx...cant login blockchain for past hour, anyone else?

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

nope I couldn't either now I am taking an gamble and going coinbase to heritage I hope I don't get caught

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

It's back up now.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

back up, but I had received some coin yesterday at 115 and still hasn't been confirmed.

May just have to send straight from bookmaker to localbitcoin. Anyone know if that is frowned upon or is it perfectly fine?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    back up, but I had received some coin yesterday at 115 and still hasn't been confirmed.

May just have to send straight from bookmaker to localbitcoin. Anyone know if that is frowned upon or is it perfectly fine?
    No problem going straight from the book to localbitcoins. They dont care abut gambling usage.

It's pretty much only Coinbase you need to keep insulated from bookmaker transactions.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Going on nearly 30 hours waiting for this one. Neither wallet supports CPFP. Any tips on how to get this pushed through? https://blockchain.info/tx/4cedcc975...b149d447e4383e

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    Going on nearly 30 hours waiting for this one. Neither wallet supports CPFP. Any tips on how to get this pushed through? https://blockchain.info/tx/4cedcc975...b149d447e4383e
    Try the viabtc accelerator at the very top of the hour. Put the transaction into it, this :

work within an hour for me after waiting 2.5 days

bitcoinLuke

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    Never mind. Its already been confirmed. Of course he didn't come back to tell us that, though

MeltDown2k11
    MeltDown2k11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Where do I find the transaction details?

In Blockchain, it shows I still have the money in my wallet, and when I check 5Dimes (where I transferred it to) it shows that it is pending. It has been over 24 hours so far and still hasn't cleared. Prevented me from bidding on Cavs ML...not happy!

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

dang it...going on 27 hours now blockchain .....is there a way to push it through ?? 763094f213b4926047c1d381a37d98ee40030c63 8f19d906249bb1b90caba871 is the id

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Try the viabtc accelerator at the very top of the hour. Put the transaction into it, this :

work within an hour for me after waiting 2.5 days
    The viabtc accelerator worked for me! Thank you guys for the tip! That's really an incredible service. I would have been happy to pay them extra to throw it in their block, but the fact that they do it for free is pretty incredible.

Also big props to whomever first recommended itbit as a way to withdraw. I'm able to trade with pretty low commission and then withdraw and the wires come in the next business day like clockwork. I just received the 6200 into my bank account from that btc that took forever to confirm...and it only confirmed at 1am.

So thanks again for all the information!

nymfan99
    nymfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

Attaching a $5 fee to my transfers have eased my issue.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

I used the fee blockchain suggested (120.3) If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Wanted to bet the fights tonight but that's looking unlikely
    That auto "fee calculator" that Blockchain does hasn't been correct in a long time. just send with a $1 fee

First 123 Last