evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Fairlay

I would encourage people to check out Fairlay.com. It's a BTC-only betting exchange with zero comms (for now). Right now, they have a market maker who clones Pinnacle exactly.

Pros:
    • Reduced juice and decent limits on everything.
    • Tons of alternate lines are offered.
    • Payouts and deposits are free and usually quick.
    • Zero commission on sports.
    • Potential for a true exchange down the road (right now, it's really only the MM making offers).

Cons:
    • No idea of the how well-funded the owners or their market marker are.
    • Anononymity doesn't seem to be a priority (anyone with an API can apparently see which userid is betting a given game -- I have not confirmed this first-hand).
    • The MM hits Pinnacle pretty hard in response to certain bet amounts/types/users.
    • It appears to be run by a very small group of people.
    • Interface needs work. It's esp. counter-intuitive for American-style odds. The site itself is also pretty sluggish.
    • They tend to close games 2-3 min. before Pinnacle does.

This is def. a work in progress, but well worth using if you lack access to Pinnacle. If things break right, I think they could become a big player within 2-3 years.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Which part is counter intuitive with US odds?

I recall looking at it a while ago and thinking it looked like an American had designed it for an international market. Mainly due to the home teams being listed 2nd. But I thought it looked better for Americans than betfair, understanding wise.

evo34

They force users to bet on or against the road team. And if you are betting against the team, displayed odds of "+107" really means "-107", and vice versa. Pretty easy to get used to, but they should probably change if they want to attract a lot of US bettors.

E.g., if you want to bet on Hou -9.5, the juice shown is the inverse of what you would get:

https://gyazo.com/5cdf1dcee5ce17fb79ab8c13d4aee01e

evo34

BTW, is there any way to add Fairlay to SBROdds? I think over time, the odds their will differ more frequently from Pinnacle, and so adding them to the SBROdds books would be useful.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    They force users to bet on or against the road team. And if you are betting against the team, displayed odds of "+107" really means "-107", and vice versa. Pretty easy to get used to, but they should probably change if they want to attract a lot of US bettors.

E.g., if you want to bet on Hou -9.5, the juice shown is the inverse of what you would get:

https://gyazo.com/5cdf1dcee5ce17fb79ab8c13d4aee01e

I "think" that they may think this is simpler than a regular exchange layout offering lay/bet on both sides. And may have also been done with Americans in mind.

Might be wrong and I know it's a bit weird at first but do you remember how many people used to say Betfair was too confusing and would not even try to get used to it? Pretty sure they chose the bet/lay against one proposition to address that problem.

BTW, is there any way to add Fairlay to SBROdds? I think over time, the odds their will differ more frequently from Pinnacle, and so adding them to the SBROdds books would be useful.
    SBR Forum answered someone asking the same thing recently by saying he would ask the techs to check if their API was compatible.

evo34

All they would have to do is allow people to bet "on" either team. The empty space is already there in the interface, so why not use it?

It becomes more confusing when you look at your pending bets, and it only lists the road team -- you have to check each line to see if you bet "on" or "against" that team.

It wouldn't take much, but these two changes would make US bettors a lot more comfortable IMO.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Certainly room in the market for another exchange, with Betfair getting ever greedier with their commission. Then again, been saying that about Matchbook for a while.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5792

I opened account there as I see they have UK horse racing...I played around little and totally confused by the website on how to buy or lay bets...Also can you do parlays? Looks like a good concept the site but I am totally overwhelmed by layout...someone who represents them should or SBR should do a video on how too wager and lay bets ect on the site

evo34

I think they plan to add video tutorials to the site.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    I opened account there as I see they have UK horse racing...I played around little and totally confused by the website on how to buy or lay bets...Also can you do parlays? Looks like a good concept the site but I am totally overwhelmed by layout...someone who represents them should or SBR should do a video on how too wager and lay bets ect on the site
    I think they plan to add video tutorials to the site.
    I think a small deposit free bonus to let people place a bet or two would be a good idea here.

I think it is just a case of wanting to work it out enough. It's not really confusing once you have made an offer or two.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

the horse racing seems to close 10 minutes before the off. Other than that good site

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

too risky

anyone can be running this book

pass
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: futbolmundial

evo34

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    too risky

anyone can be running this book

pass
    As opposed to other bitcoin books, where no one knows who is running the operation?

bettingmosquito
    bettingmosquito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

where are you guys from?
    I would still recommend a broker for Betfair, but it depends in which country you live (restricted to US for instance)

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by bettingmosquito View Post
    where are you guys from?
    I would still recommend a broker for Betfair, but it depends in which country you live (restricted to US for instance)
    I used to use bet-ibc for betfair, but they don't offer it any more. Which broker do you use?

bettingmosquito

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    I used to use bet-ibc for betfair, but they don't offer it any more. Which broker do you use?
    I use this broker **************
    However they don't support the use of softwares but since I trade mostly offplay it is perfect for me. But you better ask them which is your country of residence because I believe some are still restricted even to bet with brokers so better contact them i guess.
    Last edited by Optional; 01-27-17 at 01:10 AM. Reason: removed link

thespeculator

thanks for reply. The company name got erased. I won't have a problem with country restrictions. Can you try to spell company name again,

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    thanks for reply. The company name got erased. I won't have a problem with country restrictions. Can you try to spell company name again,

He posted an affiliate signup link. It was easysportbet.co.uk

Looks to be associated with 1xbet.

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    He posted an affiliate signup link. It was easysportbet.co.uk

Looks to be associated with 1xbet.
    thanks Mosquito and Opti

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15096

Be careful with books associated with 1xbet. There have been many problems.

evo34

I'm surprised by the (apparent) popularity of Nitrogen vs. the unpopularity of Fairlay. Fairlay always has better odds (in literally every sport); do we know anything about nitrogen that says they are more financially stable than Fairlay?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Be careful with books associated with 1xbet. There have been many problems.
    Off topic, but do you know anything about 1xbit?

They claim to share technology and some support with 1xbet but to be a different company and management.

I'm surprised by the (apparent) popularity of Nitrogen vs. the unpopularity of Fairlay. Fairlay always has better odds (in literally every sport); do we know anything about nitrogen that says they are more financially stable than Fairlay?
    I think people love the simplicity of Nitrogen as much as anything else about it.

An exchange should have better odds if it is ever going to work but will never compete on simplicity.

HeeeHAWWWW

It's been quite interesting watching fairlay during the Australian Open tennis, you see more and more matches where people are filling in liquidity between the (operator-provided) pinnacle prices. That should be the point when the book starts to attract increasing attention.

What they really need to do is get themselves on oddsportal/betbrain etc.

bettingmosquito

What Optional said. Exchange is always more complicated, and most bettors don't understand the principle of Back/Lay.
    They think, why Lay player A when I can back player B? But they forget that it is extremely useful when 5 or 6 or more outcomes are possible (Golf and obviously Horse Racing)...

@Optional, never heard of 1xbit, but it could be a broker offering 1xbet through White Label perhaps.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by bettingmosquito View Post
    @Optional, never heard of 1xbit, but it could be a broker offering 1xbet through White Label perhaps.
    It's a bitcoin only book. Only mentioned it to Raiders as he is a bit of a btc book expert.

tsty
    tsty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4345

so all these guys are just pinnacle clones with smaller limits? heh

littlekona

so is FAIRLAY partners with this 1xbit book thats had complaints? I'm thinking of using FAIRLAY soon esp once UK racing gets back in full swing..

Optional

so is FAIRLAY partners with this 1xbit book thats had complaints? I'm thinking of using FAIRLAY soon esp once UK racing gets back in full swing..
    Nothing to do with Fairlay at all.

littlekona

Cool I'm going to give them a shot try to figure out the platform before U.K. Racing gets into full swing

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Off topic, but do you know anything about 1xbit?

They claim to share technology and some support with 1xbet but to be a different company and management.

I think people love the simplicity of Nitrogen as much as anything else about it.

An exchange should have better odds if it is ever going to work but will never compete on simplicity.
    When they opened, they looked identical, shared support and all but admitted to being the same. Then they tried to separate themselves when people associated the two and stated all the problems at 1xbet.

I'm not 100% sure, but they seem to be tied together financially.

raiders72001

Night and day financially as well as size. Nitrogen is the top bitcoin book. I'd assume that SBR knows a lot more about Nitrogen than I do so maybe they can jump in. From what I know, they are well backed. There was one payout for $240k

Fairlay has owner(s), originally 1 man, then there are 2 or 3 market makers that seed the market. For the most part, they work as a book rather than an exchange.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 01-30-17 at 07:35 PM.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Night and day financially as well as size. Nitrogen is the top bitcoin book. I'd assume that SBR knows a lot more about Nitrogen than I do so maybe they can jump in. From what I know, they are well backed. There was one payout for $240k

Fairlay has owner(s), originally 1 man, then there are 2 or 3 market makers that seed the market. For the most part, they work as a book rather than an exchange.
    I found this on there site 1700btc in wallet is that good?

What is Fairlay's cold wallet address? Is it public?

1EVrCZ3ahUucq3jvAqTTPTZe1tySniXuWi
    The sum of all issued credit to our customers will always equal the amount of Bitcoins in that address. A real time proof of reserve via Merckle Sum Trees will be implemented till December 2016.

raiders72001

I found this on there site 1700btc in wallet is that good?

The sum of all issued credit to our customers will always equal the amount of Bitcoins in that address. A real time proof of reserve via Merckle Sum Trees will be implemented till December 2016.
    https://blockchain.info/address/1EVr...PTZe1tySniXuWi

HeeeHAWWWW

That's a novel use of the tech - public proof of the accounts, constantly updated.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pokerdevil

raiders72001

1xbit confiscated over 4 BTC from a player.

Reference Link:
    log-in screen: http://i.imgur.com/nSppFEH.png
    profile: http://i.imgur.com/tYGPfO7.png
    last bets: http://i.imgur.com/1njdrCO.png

Amount Scammed: funds: 4.3 BTC; deposits in total: 1.7 BTC
    Payment Method: Bitcoin
    Proof of Payment:
    https://blockchain.info/tx/7c86dad6c...8df87ee5139971
    https://blockchain.info/tx/0c0221f09...cb9367c7751f66
    PM/Chat Logs:
    chat: http://i.imgur.com/azSbccr.png
    sent e-mails: http://i.imgur.com/OQEJwUv.png