Raana
    optional is asshole
    Raana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 478

Pinnacle blocks using API without constantly making bets

I found on a forum two posts where people say that Pinnacle started in June to ban access to API for accounts for 3 months for using API without making enough bets.
    Having reviewed your account we regret to inform that your access to our API has been removed. This is due to violation of our Fair Use Policy as stated here:
    www.pinnaclesports.com/en/api/manual#fair-use
    This change will be effective 7th June 2016.
    If you wish to apply for access to the API for commercial purposes please contact commercial@pinnacle.com to facilitate an agreement.

Your API access was blocked due the frequency of calls/bandwidth usage and lack of wagering activity. The API is meant as a service for wagering and not data gathering. If you substantially increase your wagering activity over the next 3 months you may contact us at the end of that period to request to have your access enabled. Whether the wagering activity over that period is sufficient will be decided by us at that time. If you wish to apply for access to the API for commercial purposes please contact commercial@pinnaclesports.com
    I don't know how much bets I should make. It's at pinnacle's discretion. And I have to make bets all the time without breaks? I'm worried because I rely on their's API completely. I use pinnacle's API all day long.
    Looks like pinnacle's policy of using API changed recently. Be informed of that.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Have you asked how much they want for a commercial license to use it?

Raana
    optional is asshole
    Raana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 478

Pinnacle's CSD didn't answer me.

Please be informed that we do not have such a rule.
    and later
    Upon checking your account, your API access has not been blocked.
    And that's all.
    Nothing about how much bets I should make. Nothing about price for commercial licence.

4nic8ing
    4nic8ing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by Raana View Post
    Pinnacle's CSD didn't answer me.

and later

And that's all.
    Nothing about how much bets I should make. Nothing about price for commercial licence.
    It is quite possible that not everyone in CSD realizes that their IT dept is doing this. I know you are telling the truth because I had the same thing happen to my account last month. They didn't explain what the dollar amount needed was so I am sure you probably triggered something with the amount of times you are hitting them for the data.