3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

LocalBitCoins

Has anyone sold bitcoins on localbitcoins and had the proceeds deposited into their Skrill account?

I see the option for this on the site, but wanting some feedback on people's experiences with this...

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Not sure, but if there feedback is good you should be fine. I'd avoid localbitcoins though. They stole $200 from me and laughed about it and were rude when I contacted their customer service. Unless you are willing to reveal your identity and upload IDs then you are at risk of them stealing your funds whenever they feel like it. They are also very shady and allow a lot of money laundering to go on on that site. Try paxful.com is my suggestion! They do the same thing, but there site is better designed and they don't steal your money or ask you to confirm anything.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Not sure, but if there feedback is good you should be fine. I'd avoid localbitcoins though. They stole $200 from me and laughed about it and were rude when I contacted their customer service. Unless you are willing to reveal your identity and upload IDs then you are at risk of them stealing your funds whenever they feel like it. They are also very shady and allow a lot of money laundering to go on on that site. Try paxful.com is my suggestion! They do the same thing, but there site is better designed and they don't steal your money or ask you to confirm anything.
    How did they steal from you? the BTC goes to a escrow account once transaction initiated...I've had many transactions with them with never a issue just buy or sell to peeps with good feedback

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Paxful is a very good site. I use them too. I usually buy bitcoins with giftcards and they have the most options it seems.

theviking
    theviking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4084

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    How did they steal from you? the BTC goes to a escrow account once transaction initiated...I've had many transactions with them with never a issue just buy or sell to peeps with good feedback
    Never had a issue either, if you choose sellers that have 100+ transactions and 100% successrate, you should be safe, and ofcourse a very good loooong password and 2 step confirmation.
    Not all sellers or buyers need Id, i have never needed it.

theviking
    theviking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4084

Quote Originally Posted by theviking View Post
    Never had a issue either, if you choose sellers that have 100+ transactions and 100% successrate, you should be safe, and ofcourse a very good loooong password and 2 step confirmation.
    Not all sellers or buyers need Id, i have never needed it.
    Last edited by theviking; 04-02-16 at 01:01 PM.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Paxful is a very good site. I use them too. I usually buy bitcoins with giftcards and they have the most options it seems.
    Some of the exchange rates for anything other than cash in person is hilarious.

Some people ask $1250 USD per bitcoin if you want to pay with Amazon Gift Cards.. hahahahaha

Some other pharmacy store gift cards you can purchase they will give you $800 per bitcoin. give me a break

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I usually do target cards. I usually get 65 cents on the dollar but I get the cards for free so it's no big deal. Yeah cash is always best but if you have cards that you are not even going to use the fee is no big deal.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    After a certain amount of transactions in an old account they put me on "forced holiday" and they wouldn't let me do any transactions until I proved my identity. I refused because what is the point of bitcoin then? I opened a new account and was trading on there with hundreds of successful transactions. One day when I had 0.4 BTC in my account they put me on forced holiday again until I confirmed my identity. This time I couldn't withdraw my funds. When I asked them to let me withdraw they were rude, unprofessional, and pretty much told me they were keeping my money. I even offered at that point to confirm my identity (which i really didnt want to do). But because I was linked to the old account that I didnt' want to confirm, I guess it pissed them off somehow. They are not American and they operate like shady pieces of shit. Their English is terrible. If they weren't the first they wouldn't be nearly as successful. Paxful is a million times better, from their interface, to their withdraw times, to their customer service. I've also found the traders on there to be more polite and professional. Just avoid people with on feedback.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    After a certain amount of transactions in an old account they put me on "forced holiday" and they wouldn't let me do any transactions until I proved my identity. I refused because what is the point of bitcoin then? I opened a new account and was trading on there with hundreds of successful transactions. One day when I had 0.4 BTC in my account they put me on forced holiday again until I confirmed my identity. This time I couldn't withdraw my funds. When I asked them to let me withdraw they were rude, unprofessional, and pretty much told me they were keeping my money. I even offered at that point to confirm my identity (which i really didnt want to do). But because I was linked to the old account that I didnt' want to confirm, I guess it pissed them off somehow. They are not American and they operate like shady pieces of shit. Their English is terrible. If they weren't the first they wouldn't be nearly as successful. Paxful is a million times better, from their interface, to their withdraw times, to their customer service. I've also found the traders on there to be more polite and professional. Just avoid people with on feedback.
    Great feedback, I have used localbitcoins for 2 years. I'm going to give paxful a try, they seem to have a lot of options. But for cash trades I still have a solid trader at localbitcoins.