robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

They send an e-mail saying log in Saturday to get a free Breeders Cup bet. No where in the e-mail does it say a time you need to log in by. The race is 2 hours and forty minutes. I inquire and they say you needed to log in by 5 PM EST.

I guess it was expected I know to log into the account by 5 PM. My bad.

Kevy
    Kevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

There should never be a reason to have to send in all the documents they request ( there or at any other shop ) If the initial deposit and or only deposits are being made by **/** p2p

The only time that stuff should be required is when the deposits were made with a card.
    Last edited by Kevy; 11-04-14 at 11:07 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Policing bonuses, limits and not wanting to facilitate money laundering are all genuine reasons a book might want identity info even with cash deposits.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Policing bonuses, limits and not wanting to facilitate money laundering are all genuine reasons a book might want identity info even with cash deposits.
    This is a stretch considering they are illegally receiving money to gamble at their book.

Kevy
    Kevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    This is a stretch considering they are illegally receiving money to gamble at their book.

+1

Rob, I was curious as to why they are like the only book I know of who is doing this. Every book I have ever dealt with since the early 90's has never requested this type info when the initial deposit was done by p2p. Only when a deposit was made by a card.

So I decided to call and ask them. Nobody could give me a answer. Or explain the logic. Not even use any of the reasons that the forum moderator Optional suggested above.

Its probably more of a stall tactic than being about anything else. I called and talked to a few people I know at various Books late this afternoon. Because I was curious if this was going to be some new sh*tty trend. And maybe these guys were going to be the first to go this route.
    The answers I got were NO. And nobody could believe that a book was doing this. Most thought it was ridiculous and not needed. That it should only be done when cards were involved.

kevinohara44
    kevinohara44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

I have been trying to get money out of them[gtbets] for three days.I am not a heavy player but I've been doing this for a minute or so.I was fortunate enuf to have a good day at the B.C. and then with the pats and the colts.The first time was I didn't have enuf points,got the points,then it was documentation.I understand that,,,,Then today they tell me they reached their LIMIT??? for payouts,,,I have a hard enuf time comin out on top,but is it unreasonable that when I do have a little luck to expect to get paid??? What I was requesting in no way was gonna break them,least I hope not...lol,,,,thanx for taking the time to read, this needed to vent,,,,hope all have a good day

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    +1

Rob, I was curious as to why they are like the only book I know of who is doing this. Every book I have ever dealt with since the early 90's has never requested this type info when the initial deposit was done by p2p. Only when a deposit was made by a card.

So I decided to call and ask them. Nobody could give me a answer. Or explain the logic. Not even use any of the reasons that the forum moderator Optional suggested above.

Its probably more of a stall tactic than being about anything else. I called and talked to a few people I know at various Books late this afternoon. Because I was curious if this was going to be some new sh*tty trend. And maybe these guys were going to be the first to go this route.
    The answers I got were NO. And nobody could believe that a book was doing this. Most thought it was ridiculous and not needed. That it should only be done when cards were involved.

I could justify it if they had cause to believe someone was multi accounting for bonuses or to bypass betting limits.

My experience as someone who didn't deposit there can't be compared with depositing players. At the sametime, they didn't work with me to withdraw $100 unless I gave them my **** account #. So yeah, I could see how they dick people around.

First 12