bilken
    ??????
    bilken's Avatar Become A Pro!

TD Bank restricted transactions

I received a letter from TD bank saying restricted transitions such as those in which a person accepts credit, funds, instruments or other proceeds from another person in connection with unlawful Internet gambling law are prohibited from being processed through your account or relationship our institution.

I deposit money using wire what should I do

Ignore the letter and us my account, use a different bank I would like some ideas.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Its part of the new law that goes into effect 12/1. Lots of people are getting them now. Your wire may or may not go through in the future, will have to wait and see what happens with the new laws

Waiting4Godot
    Likes squirrels, giant lady squirrels
    Waiting4Godot's Avatar Become A Pro!

When a Book does a wire.. who does it say the wire is from?

For example, I play at BookMaker, so would the wire be from BookMaker or would it say it's from whatever bank BookMaker uses?

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

is this td canadatrust or td bank north in the u.s.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

If you're talking TDCanadaTrust, you're probably aware that they have been cracking down for some time now on **** transactions. As to regular bankwires, I've continued to transfer thousands a month from Moneybookers to my account for a good year and a half now, completely without incident. Whether this changes come December 01 I have no idea, but I'll take my chances.

Regardless, be proactive. I would simply ignore the letter and carry on, while at the same time continue to play hot potato and look for another bank in the meantime. I mean really, it's a crapshoot, isn't it? I was informed nearly 2 years ago now that ScotiaBank was ceasing all Moneybookers bankwires, but I know people who continue to recieve them like clockwork.

I suspect many times it just comes down to the luck of the draw. Maybe you (and myself for thast matter) were unlucky enough to be at the mercy of some low paid bank workee looking to be "Employee of the Month!" and impress the boss by catching an Al-Queda money transfer in progress. Just have a back up plan in motion, and if for now that's using another institution so be it.

GETMONEYKID
    GETMONEYKID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

just stay liquid and settle up at the end of each week

don't trust the banks

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

TD, Scotiabank, Royal Bank SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

bilken
    ??????

TD bank in the US they just bought Commerce bank

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

Quote Originally Posted by bilken View Post
    TD bank in the US they just bought Commerce bank
    I have an account with them and haven't received anything like this. Do you know anyone else with an account? Did they receive this letter? If no one got this letter, perhaps your account was flagged.

ukbro00
    ukbro00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

I also have an account with them and, as far as I know, I also did not receive this letter.

Rocki
    Rocki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bilken View Post
    I received a letter from TD bank saying restricted transitions such as those in which a person accepts credit, funds, instruments or other proceeds from another person in connection with unlawful Internet gambling law are prohibited from being processed through your account or relationship our institution.

I deposit money using wire what should I do

Ignore the letter and us my account, use a different bank I would like some ideas.
    Do you live in the US?

bilken
    ??????

I live in the US

ukbro00
    ukbro00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

speak of the devil, opened my mail yesterday and got that same letter. It doesn't say exactly what would happen to the money if you try. Would they seize it?

bleedblue

Can one of you guys post a scan of the letter (edit out personal info, obv.), or type what the letter says word for word?

Thanks.

bleedblue

Ok, looks like it's being sent to everyone. My whole family got the same notification with their statements.

Here it is verbatim. Anyone have any advice/opinions?

REG GG/INTERNET GAMBLING NOTIFICATION

Pursuant to the unlawful internet gambling enforcement act of 2006 and regulation GG, "Restricted Transactions" such as those in which a person accepts credit, funds, instruments or other proceeds from another person in connection with unlawful internet gambling are prohibited from being processed through your account or relationship with our institution.

wisky
    wisky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

I thought this was pushed back another 6 months December to now June 1 2010.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Quote Originally Posted by wisky View Post
    I thought this was pushed back another 6 months December to now June 1 2010.
    A formal written request was sent to Tim Gietner to postphone the date for 6 months. Apparentley even the banking guru's have no idea how to deal with this.

solepride
    solepride's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cashed a check from last week from 5Dimes and it cleared Wedneday. So far so good.

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

how about checks from e wallets are they cashed with no problems

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

hope this does not start getting bad

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    A formal written request was sent to Tim Gietner to postphone the date for 6 months. Apparentley even the banking guru's have no idea how to deal with this.
    yeah but how do they know its from gambling.is it an overseas check or from canada.

bilken
    ??????

The letter is word for word at the top of the page

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

probably a standard letter banks are required to send

bilken
    ??????

As far as your funds being seized I think they block the transation google internet gambling news and they have an article about the new law that takes place Dec 1

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

It's not that bad, I used my TD **** card 3 days ago to deposit. There is always a work around.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I just let the books worry about this. I am sure they will find a way around this. I am sure that there is going to be an extension once again on this. I am sure that there will be some reform of this law also.