Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20489

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    ASIC were contacted and did investigate.
    Yes, but that was after the ball. A pity that someone didn't lodge a complaint while they were still operating.

piranha8884
    piranha8884's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

So our money are definetely gone?

LeahMichele
    fuk offshores. Play local.
    LeahMichele's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

I remember when SBR had Canbet listed as a top 5 book.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

Quote Originally Posted by LeahMichele View Post
    I remember when SBR had Canbet listed as a top 5 book.
    When top rated books change owners their rating should be reset.

zoloto
    zoloto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

People here on forum promised some action. How did it ended up? Is it cold ?
    I think this was clear case for police investigation. Money were surely defrauded by Canbet directors.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by zoloto View Post
    People here on forum promised some action. How did it ended up? Is it cold ?
    I think this was clear case for police investigation. Money were surely defrauded by Canbet directors.
    Unfortunately it seems a common theme for there to be little or no accountability for the owners of these sorts of operations. The same is going on in the UK with bookmaker WinCashLive. It has gone into administration and it is looking doubtful that players will see their money again.

The owner of the company was one of the owners of a TV shopping channel company that was sold for £194m in 2006 and he is still purported to be an extremely wealthy man now. Even so, it seems that he never secured any of his assets to the bookmaker so he isn't liable to pay any of the players' funds back. He has put out a statement saying he regrets what has happened etc, but it doesn't look like he is going to dip into his pocket to pay back the players and it seems that he is just going to walk away scot-free not having to pay any money back, no legal liability and no way of prosecution. How that is allowed to happen with the owners of these sorts of companies is beyond me.

First ... 55565758