darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Software is becoming obsolete....

they also have been restricting markets for those betting fixed odds

Marrowhine
    Marrowhine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

I did occasionally until being limited to useless levels, afraid Aus TAB is doing the same now too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I always thought TAB took big bets

Maybe on person??

Horses seem to be the only thing you can bet big money as far as TAB

Marrowhine

They can't limit you in the shop but online they're bastards, every bet I make with aus TAB is referred to book manager and I either get approved for 10-20% of max bet or they reject it altogether. It's when they reject the bet outright and then move the odds that really pisses me off.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

tommygun
    Hareeba! for Prime Minister
    tommygun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

What a load of crap, TAB doesn't have a limit, people were putting down huge bets at last AUS OPEN in the tennis. one guy put down $1 million Nadal at $1.02 and gave the proceeds to those affected by the Queensland bushfires. In shop in person I've bet $10,000 cash in hand and they took the bet no worries......

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    What a load of crap, TAB doesn't have a limit, people were putting down huge bets at last AUS OPEN in the tennis. one guy put down $1 million Nadal at $1.02 and gave the proceeds to those affected by the Queensland bushfires. In shop in person I've bet $10,000 cash in hand and they took the bet no worries......
    Some people can bet massive but others can't. Tabcorp even referred to their new policy of limiting high risk accounts in their annual report last month.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    Some people can bet massive but others can't. Tabcorp even referred to their new policy of limiting high risk accounts in their annual report last month.
    I wasn't sure if tommy was referring to the NZ TAB or to Tabcorp? But yes you are most certainly correct. Tabcorp certainly does have a policy of limiting sports bets. All my bets are on delay whilst a bookmaker reviews them and only very rarely will they let me bet to win more than $500. Fortunately I can still get set on racing for the stakes I ask without any delay and referral.

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Another Book that will take you from China, N Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, The Vatican, but not the Good ole USA USA. G-d Bless America. Live free or Die.

Marrowhine

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    Even before they profile you they most certainly have limits, you can see them by submitting an outrageous bet size the system will say try $xxx or less.

Marrowhine

Sorry for drifting it to Aus TAB though. NZ TAB has it's uses but overall it's not great, probably ok for the horses which is it's main focus. The site does look a bit antiquated but its functional.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TAB and Aussie books seem geared to horses as it is the best business

Kelly_F
    Kelly_F's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

TAB NZ good book until you get restricted - I am limited to peanuts there.

Bank transfer is the payout method for foreign accounts - and that is prompt as long as your account is set up for this type of withdrawal (you have to send in your banking info).

Knowledgeable players will last longer at the Australian TAB but they will get you in the end.