Harbinger
    Harbinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Is it true that 5dimes doesn't pay when a bettor wins a lot?

Anyone here that experienced winning more than, let's say 50 000 dollars, that had a hard time having complete payouts? I know 5dimes has a max withdrawal of 9000, so can you withdraw all your balances in 6 withdrawals? Because I read some thread in this forum that has more than 50k and not get fully paid.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good question newbie!

What you're referring to is the index effect of the currency exchange between US$ and Costa Rican$.

Please read the 'fine print' in 5Dimes' T&C's regarding management's discretionary useuge of player profits to be 'reinvested' into the philanthropic
    endeavors of the owner Tony's favorite charities, including

1) The one legged orphan society
    2) Toys for Tards
    3) Society for the abolishment of Wong teasers, or SFTAOWT for short.

'Tony' is an active member of the Costa Rican betterment group, and has been personally commended for his noble efforts to encourage tourism into that forth world shit pot.

Call ahead to make reservations, as his personally guided tours of the 5Dimes Headquarters fills up quickly.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

they pay, and will pay if u win alot...at least ive never had any problems getting paid there. no matter the amount

GL

Harbinger
    Harbinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

thank you guys.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I love how 5dimes deals with payouts. I got some new ************ because the old ones expired, so I had to send in verification that I was in possession of the cards to 5dimes. I sent in the cards last night and requested a payout this morning for 2500. They took the money out of the account immediately and verified my documents immediately. I am getting paid tomorrow and I have full confidence in saying that. You can't beat that service. I have tough skin so they can say rude shit all they want, I am more worried about making sure I get paid If I actually win. Most places take 48-72 hours just to verify documents, and then stall you another 48-72 hours before they tell you something was not right. Then they make you wait another 48-72 to get paid after a week or two has passed. Then those other places bounce checks after all that BS. 5dimes gives me cash in hand the next day. Can not beat 5dimes payouts in my opinion, but I have never cashed out 50k either so I dunno about that.

pokergem
    pokergem's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have read some troubling things regarding how they handled some accounts in the past but I havent had any issues with them yet. ** transfers seem easy but they do charge $35 for it.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Anyone here that experienced winning more than, let's say 50 000 dollars, that had a hard time having complete payouts? I know 5dimes has a max withdrawal of 9000, so can you withdraw all your balances in 6 withdrawals? Because I read some thread in this forum that has more than 50k and not get fully paid.

There was one issue in the forum recently with a 5dimes customer that won over 50k but he had actually had a wager early in his action graded as something like a $7300 profit not the correct $730 and then he went on a huge run. The issue was he went on this huge run with money that was not his and he certainly did not tell 5dimes about the error. He collected some money ( over 10k I believe) but they shut him down after they realized the initial error.

I am guessing that is the example of "someone not getting paid by 5dimes" that you have read about. That bettor was pretty active in the forum complaining about the issue. He argued he would have still made the bets, Tony @ 5dimes felt otherwise and the debate ensued. As far as a legit bettor running up a big score and just not getting paid by 5dimes I have not heard anyone say this happens. Granted I have been here in the forum a short time.

By everything I have read you are as safe with 5dimes as any book with the possible exception of the exalted pinnacle

BranchDavidian
    BranchDavidian's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    There was one issue in the forum recently with a 5dimes customer that won over 50k but he had actually had a wager early in his action graded as something like a $7300 profit not the correct $730 and then he went on a huge run. The issue was he went on this huge run with money that was not his and he certainly did not tell 5dimes about the error. He collected some money ( over 10k I believe) but they shut him down after they realized the initial error.

I am guessing that is the example of "someone not getting paid by 5dimes" that you have read about. That bettor was pretty active in the forum complaining about the issue. He argued he would have still made the bets, Tony @ 5dimes felt otherwise and the debate ensued. As far as a legit bettor running up a big score and just not getting paid by 5dimes I have not heard anyone say this happens. Granted I have been here in the forum a short time.

By everything I have read you are as safe with 5dimes as any book with the possible exception of the exalted pinnacle
    Just as a side note here, Dan Boutin actually did ask 5dimes customer service if the payout was correct. The customer service rep that he asked then referred the question to a "supervisor" who also said the payout was accurate. Justin7 sided with Dan on this dispute, but was told to keep quiet by SBR. Justin7 decided to leave SBR. I don't know what else Dan was supposed to do -- I mean he asked if the payout was accurate, and asked for a supervisor to verify. He was told by 5dimes representatives that everything was fine. Dan then builds his balance by making perfectly legal bets. After a couple of months, 5dimes discovers that the payout from a couple of months previous was inaccurate. According to 5dimes own written rules, the incorrect payout should have been corrected, but any bets that were placed after this incorrect payout are to be honored. So, Dan got fleeced.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    Just as a side note here, Dan Boutin actually did ask 5dimes customer service if the payout was correct. The customer service rep that he asked then referred the question to a "supervisor" who also said the payout was accurate. Justin7 sided with Dan on this dispute, but was told to keep quiet by SBR. Justin7 decided to leave SBR. I don't know what else Dan was supposed to do -- I mean he asked if the payout was accurate, and asked for a supervisor to verify. He was told by 5dimes representatives that everything was fine. Dan then builds his balance by making perfectly legal bets. After a couple of months, 5dimes discovers that the payout from a couple of months previous was inaccurate. According to 5dimes own written rules, the incorrect payout should have been corrected, but any bets that were placed after this incorrect payout are to be honored. So, Dan got fleeced.

I was not aware that he attempted to make 5dimes aware of the error when it occurred. I am sure he would have been more adamant to get it corrected if he was paid 1/10 of his actual win and not 10x his actual win. No person paid 1/10 there actual win from 5dimes will just let it go if they speak to a rep and the rep says "thats the payout end of discussion". They would pursue it here, with Tony, and anywhere else they need to.

Branch you seem to know the issue in detail. Did Dan have the funds in his acct to play all the plays he made ( and won) even without the 10x incorrect awarded funds? I think I remember somewhere reading he did but I am not sure.

If I recall correctly Dan no longer plays at 5dimes and received over 10k, closer to 20k I think. Do you know what that number was? Also Dan should post the entire acct history and his communication timeline with CS so people can make their own judgement as to if he got screwed. 5Dimes is not going to pay him anyway so whats his downside to doing this? Especially if he feels he was wronged.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

He should have cashed out the 7k and made the other bets using a different book.
    Even if 5Dimes pursued the 6-7k (which I dont think they can after payout?) he would have had 40k+ in winnings elsewhere and happily pay 5Dimes what they want. But they wouldnt ask for it anyway, all he had to do was to withdraw the 7k and bet on another book.

boondoggle
    99.82% of forum posters are idiots
    boondoggle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was not aware that he attempted to make 5dimes aware of the error when it occurred. I am sure he would have been more adamant to get it corrected if he was paid 1/10 of his actual win and not 10x his actual win. No person paid 1/10 there actual win from 5dimes will just let it go if they speak to a rep and the rep says "thats the payout end of discussion". They would pursue it here, with Tony, and anywhere else they need to.

Branch you seem to know the issue in detail. Did Dan have the funds in his acct to play all the plays he made ( and won) even without the 10x incorrect awarded funds? I think I remember somewhere reading he did but I am not sure.

If I recall correctly Dan no longer plays at 5dimes and received over 10k, closer to 20k I think. Do you know what that number was? Also Dan should post the entire acct history and his communication timeline with CS so people can make their own judgement as to if he got screwed. 5Dimes is not going to pay him anyway so whats his downside to doing this? Especially if he feels he was wronged.
    I dont think he had enough to cover all action without the won funds from the misgraded wager, however, he was max depositing every day to build a sufficient balance but I believe support told him to stop doing so since he now had enough after the win.

I think he got out slightly more than 10k.

I believe he was for making the entire communication with 5dimes, as well as all acc history public, but its easy to assume it wouldnt shed overly postive light on 5dimes, but who knows...

There was also a suggestion to use a neutral arbitrator in this matter, since I guess SBR may not be considered neutral given their sponsorship relationship with 5dimes. This also never happend, again, one may easily assume it was because it may have been questionable whether it would do 5dimes any favors or not.

It would be hard for him to post any more details on this forum since SBR decided banning him was the way to go (but please keep in mind, SBR does NOT condone censor...), again one may think that was done for their own convinience since there was no explanation, that I could see anyway.

At the end of the day, 5dimes broke their own rules, threatened the life of a customer, and SBR appeared to come up with some illogical conclusions. One would think it was in their own best interest to resolve this had they done nothing wrong. We can only speculate... That said, I've never had any issues with 5dimes.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    5 dimes website recently lists 9k max for a single USA withdrawal, but the method I use has a 3k limit.

I don't know if they really have a method in use for making a 9k withdrawal.

BranchDavidian

He asked customer service before the bet happened if the pay table was accurate. They said yes, and the games went off, and he won. No one thought any more of the incident until a couple of months later - when 5dimes discovered that the pay table was, indeed, incorrect.

James D

He asked customer service before the bet happened if the pay table was accurate. They said yes, and the games went off, and he won. No one thought any more of the incident until a couple of months later - when 5dimes discovered that the pay table was, indeed, incorrect.

So he saw the pay table and it was 10x it was supposed to be and the CS rep said it was accurate? Was it a computer glitch? He obviously knew the math was off. If I bet 100 dollars on a 2 team parlay against the spread even if you tell me it pays 3600 I know it is an error. I would love to see the actual bet that caused all this confusion.

Ben&Jerry,

5Dimes threatened the guy? Tony I assume?

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

So he saw the pay table and it was 10x it was supposed to be and the CS rep said it was accurate? Was it a computer glitch? He obviously knew the math was off. If I bet 100 dollars on a 2 team parlay against the spread even if you tell me it pays 3600 I know it is an error. I would love to see the actual bet that caused all this confusion.

Ben&Jerry,

I dont recall the exact wording, but it was something like you better watch your back, sleep well, there will come people looking for you to collect, stuff like that I believe.

Maybe he knew the payout was off, maybe he didnt, thats all speculative. It wasnt a 2 teamer or anything, but I think its fair to assume he at least suspected the payout was off given then fact he asked support about it, but not only once, but twice he asked them about it (the second time I believe he requested a supervisor to look at it) and they confirmed it.

BranchDavidian

Ben&Jerry,

5dimes screw up at my expense attention sport bettors BEWARE!!

Here is the thread if you want to go thru 19 pages. The payout he received was actually 100 times the correct amount. There was a table that gave payout amounts for different numbers of teams that should have been easily seen as off-kilter since a six-teamer paid more than higher number of teams, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by BranchDavidian; 02-09-13 at 07:05 AM.