Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    This would make for a very enticing study!! Good luck tonight!
    I've tried to backtest it before and its an absolute pain in the arse to do because you have to check the league table at each date before every matchweek, took me about 3 hours to get the results for HALF the premier league season I focused on...bollocks to doing that all over again

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Thanks for the response. A few points, IMO:

This doesnt apply at all to the EPL compared with MNF/SNF pigskin etc, purely because not as many people will watch this. Television coverage is that broad of the EPL that when the game actually takes place probably doesnt affect the teams in any way in terms of how they are viewed by the general public.

This part I actually agree with but for another reason - the aim of both these teams is to avoid relegation this year, to avoid relegation you cannot afford to get beat by teams in the same position.

The pink part is my exact reason for fading the overs, but like you I may win and I may lose, I believe the line has been influenced too much by past stats. If you have 2 teams who are almost IDENTICAL in how they set up and like to play the game, quite often it will neutralise it. How many times do you see the 2 top scorers go head to head in a division and somebody wins 1-0? Quite often I would guess.

GL with your plays too pal
    Both of you have very valid points.

The truth is that this game will not end 0-0.

-Blackpool needs a win to accumulate points (they know that the games at home are vital for this),
    -If Blackpool needs to win they must score (Blackpool defense is weak), this will allow WB to find planty of spaces for counter attacks.
    -Blackpool is fighting for survival on the EPL WB know that they are wonded, WB will want to hurt them (I know it sounds like a rambo movie but you get my point, right?)

WB have momentum, they are well motivated and they know that Blackpool is the obligated to win to be saved from relegation.

I think blackpool will come out for the win and they may even find it.
    I wont bet on who wins the game but I will take the over 2.5
    I think this game will have at least 2 goals in the 1st half and then we should see 1 or 2 goals on the 2nd half

GL to all

Puda
    Puda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

the 2 early reds beat us.

First 12