Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccer picks - Sunday

I want us to have a profitable Sunday, so I'm posting my Sunday picks early so we can critique them.

Italy:
    Lazio +135 2u WIN
    Lazio travel to Reggina. Let's back the better team here.

Spain:
    Racing Santander -125 5u LOSS
    Santander are on a resurgence and their road win over a tough Valladolid underlines just what their intentions are right now. They're at home against a Huelva side that have lost 5 of their L7 road games.

Real Madrid -142 10u WIN
    Since Madrid changed coach, they've kept clean sheets in 3 of their L4 games. The only time they've conceded in their L4 games was against the league's best team - Barcelona. The good news is that they have their key defenders available for this game and they have the league's best goal tender. Scoring hasn't been a problem for Madrid. Now that they've fixed their defense, one expects them to come away with all points at lowly Mallorca.

Numancia/Getafe OVER 2.5 (-111) 5u LOSS
    The Over has cashed in 4 of Numancia's L5 home games and in 3 of Getafe's L5 road travels. Neither of these sides is great on defense. Finally, Numancia have scored in 7 of their L8 home games while Getafe have scored in ALL their road games. One expects goals aplenty here.
    Last edited by Wilforth; 01-11-09 at 01:31 PM.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

On Lazio for sure, GL.

Pat_Bateman
    Pat_Bateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

the lazio bet is a little risky imo, i think there are going to be some weird results tomorrow with this being the first matchday after the break, as just happened with my Inter against Cagliari
    but thanks for the numancia getafe pick I like that one

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Bateman View Post
    the lazio bet is a little risky imo, i think there are going to be some weird results tomorrow with this being the first matchday after the break, as just happened with my Inter against Cagliari
    but thanks for the numancia getafe pick I like that one
    I understand what you mean. I generally try to stay away from the last game of the day in any league. A quick check at that the last games of the day in the EPL, Italy and Spain:

EPL: Stoke/Liverpool 0-0
    Italy: Inter/Cagliari 1-1
    Spain: Valencia/Villareal 3-3

I've noticed such results with the last game of the day in many leagues. I try to avoid those.
    Yes, the first round of games after a break can be quite tricky. One may eventually downgrade Lazio from ML to PK or let it pass altogether.
    But in Spain, they've already played some games this year. So the break shouldn't affect their play.

Pat_Bateman
    Pat_Bateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roma-Milan OVER 2.5
    Udinese-Sampdoria OVER 2.5
    Juventus-Siena UNDER 2.5

Wilforth
    Update your status

For the first time this season, Getafe failed to score on th road. Numancia scored 2 and yet I couldn't get the Over on that one.

2-2 -1.10
    A mild loss you may say.