Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

1H total - 6/13

FRA-SWI: 1H OVER 0.5 and 1 goal -113

[WC Totals record: 3-1, +1.23 unit. Posted at statfox. Sorry, there seemed little interest in soccer here.]

WC has renewed my interest in soccer betting. Swore it off a few years back, after a horrible weekend betting on Italian Serie A games. Turns out that same league is now paying the price (F-I-X-E-D).

1H totals, and a little more experience, got me to rethink my abstinence from the beautiful game. Most 1H totals are set at either '1 goal' or '0.5 and 1 goal'. So basically, just one goal in the 1H will either win or return your money. That is an unbelievably universal proposition. Imagine betting on basketball halves if every bet was over or under 90 points. That would be way too easy!

I'm exploring a system to grade the 1H, but even without any system ten of the first eleven games in the WC had at least 1 goal in the 1H. Only one had a scoreless 1H, and that was because one team missed all its opportunities (Sweden) and the other was too weak to create any (Trinidad).

Anyway, let's hope France finds the net early. They're due too. Didn't score a single goal, as defending champs, in the last WC!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Loss.

Ref afraid to 'hand' out first penalty of the tournament? I would think 95% of refs put the ball on the spot for that. Oh well, France looks spiritless, disinterested.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

The trend continues. The 1H Over (0.5 and 1) has been the softest bet in the first week of the World Cup. Only three scoreless 1H in seventeen matches.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Great tip on the first half.
    I've only 'moderatly' looked - where are you betting 1H totals?
    If you've bet them all - other than today, you've been dominating.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Pinnacle and Mansion.

Today (6/16) should be better than yesterday (watch out for teams that have trouble scoring, like England and Sweden).

Argentina, Holland, and Mexico are all teams that 'want' to play. Serbia has said they don't want to start as defensive as against Hollland. Ivory Coast says they're going to attack, so these should be fast and open games. Nothing like the England and Sweden yawners. Angola also needs a win against a better opponent.

If I had to pick one 1H it would be Holland-Ivory Coast Over 0.5 and 1 -131 (1H lines have changed from -113 at start of tournament). Serbia defense is pretty formidable, and Argentina has already shown they can sit back. The Holland game should be the most open of the day. Two quick goals.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-16-06 at 03:41 AM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

First two games both three goals in 1H...

Sitting back for Mexico-Angola. Ready to jump on 2H.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

haha - you're on FIRE.
    You'll probably hit again on the last one.
    Congrats, man