ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Anyone have experience with Air Alert? (vertical jump program)

They guarantee an 8+ inch increase in your vertical. But I've heard a lot of negatives about that it leads to over training and there is not enough recovery time in the program. I'm just getting over Achilles Tendonitis, so If I do start this program, I'll be doing half the reps and only 2 days a week instead of 3. I'm 6ft and can barely touch a basketball rim, my goal is to be able to dunk, with both hands easily. Also wanna dunk over my roommate who is 6ft 5

I'm a very dedicated athlete - when I set goals, I reach them. But the last thing I want is to develop another injury that is hard to get rid of. My active lifestyle won't allow it, and I'm only 22 so I don't want to be ****** for life

GettingScrilla
    Warriors on the Under
    GettingScrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

hows it going climbrocks. I have coached high school basketball in the past and I have seen some of the players try those programs. Here is what I got from it: You can over work your legs leading to shin splints, cramping, and dead legs. Will you be playing basketball while training? It is very important to stretch. Stretching alone can improve your vertical dramatically if you do not already stretch on a daily basis. I would also suggest getting in a basketball court alone and try dunking 10 or 15 times until you are tired. Then catch your breath and do the same. A lot of dunking is foot working going towards the basket and a feel for how far/high you will have to get. Good Luck my friend!!! there is no feeling like an in game dunk!!!

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by GettingScrilla View Post
    hows it going climbrocks. I have coached high school basketball in the past and I have seen some of the players try those programs. Here is what I got from it: You can over work your legs leading to shin splints, cramping, and dead legs. Will you be playing basketball while training? It is very important to stretch. Stretching alone can improve your vertical dramatically if you do not already stretch on a daily basis. I would also suggest getting in a basketball court alone and try dunking 10 or 15 times until you are tired. Then catch your breath and do the same. A lot of dunking is foot working going towards the basket and a feel for how far/high you will have to get. Good Luck my friend!!! there is no feeling like an in game dunk!!!
    I actually don't play a whole lot of basketball. It's the one sport that I've never been dominant at because I was never taught how to shoot properly. I'm great at driving, drawing a defender and setting up an easy layup for a teammate, or acrobatic fakes and layups with my opposite hand, but I can't shoot so I rarely play and channel my athleticism elsewhere.

I more want to be able to dunk to be able to dunk. Like I said before, I set high goals and then try to achieve them. I've already learned a 720 snowboarding and how to do a backflip. My next goal is to be able to dunk. Also any vertical improvement will help my volleyball game. After getting a new pair of shoes - Nike Lunarfly's, I can now grab the rim instead of just being able to nick it with my finger tips. I'd say I only need 4 more inches to put one down, but idk if I can palm a ball, so maybe 5-6 inches would be better