OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

WARNING DO NOT GET STATE FARM inusrance for any thing

in short they are not a GOOD neighbor

State Farm refused to cover this Florida man’s repairs on his Porsche — why the courts are now involved!

When Assaf Sasson’s 2022 all-electric Porsche Taycan was damaged in a crash, he was prepared to pay his $500 insurance deductible to get it fixed.
    Sasson, however — who had a policy for his $100,000 vehicle through State Farm — wasn’t prepared to foot the entire $8,360.87 repair bill on his own.
    But that’s exactly what ended up happening to the Fort Lauderdale man after his claim was reviewed by the insurer.

When he brought it to Porsche, he was told if he didn’t get the repairs done through one of their approved certified facilities, the warranty on his $100,000 car would be voided.
    That seemed fairly simple, but State Farm took issue with how much that would cost. According to their own estimates, the total should have been closer to $6,267.03.
    Sasson opted to pay out of pocket to get the repairs done right. But the experience didn’t sit right with him.
    “I’m not paying cheap insurance,” Sasson told WPLG Local 10. “I’m paying very high insurance. And I have insurance with State Farm — which is a strong insurance company.”

Charles 1 day ago

I used to have all three of my cars insured through State Farm. Eventually, I discovered that I was paying double what other companies would have charged. Moreover, when an uninsured driver hit me, totalling my car and breaking my neck, I had to sue State Farm, and it took six years to collect.

Karen

I have State Farm and when my car was wrecked. It was side swiped. We took it to a repair shop that state farm wanted the estimate because they don't have adjusters that come out and look at your car. They would not pay for my car to be fixed. They totaled the car saying the parts and labor were to much. Mind you that the side was messed up but you could still drive it. They would not pay the full amount of the payoff and the They refused to pay. We had good insurance with them. We should have known since we took the car to three shops to get estimates. The shops said State Farm is the WORST insurance to deal with because they don't want to pay.

Kevin

If you have State Farm Insurance...get rid of them ASAP. I am in the car business, and my opinion of them is that repair as cheaply as possible. Many times, not caring about manufacturer's recommendations.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

State farm will rip you off! refused to cover my hail damage on my roof after 5 roofing companies inspected and took pics of the damage, claiming there should be no problem getting it covered. state farm denied the claim. been with the company over 10yrs, disabled vet, retired fire dept, fixed income, been fighting with them 9mos. went shopping and found SAME coverage on my 4 cars for HALF of farms policy! Found better house coverage same cost, BYE BYE! Horrible customer service/coverage. NOT A GOOD NEIGHBOR. Beware.

I am a old ex claims adjuster and live in Ohio. State farm is the last insurance co. I would work for. As a independent adjuster I worked for many insurance companies. State farm wouldn't even let their adjusters join the local Claims association because they thought they would be corrupted. I had 2 claims with S.F. and had to get an atty. both times. In my opinion State farm is just about the bottom of the barrel and this article doesn't surprise me.

I have a great dislike of State Farm and here is why . When I was 21 my mother-in-law was dating a SF agent and he sold us home auto and life insurance . Three months down the road we were hit by a drunk driver in our car . When we contacted the claims department we were informed we were not covered and the other drivers company would have to take the claim . The other driver had State Farm Insurance also . Any way I wound up having to take them to court and they still tried to only give me 80% of the purchase price of my six month old car . Then when I was 29 I had long switched insurance since the first accident and was rear ended by a State Farm customer.

I went and got estimates and they were in the $2100 range . State Farm had me go to their claim center where they cut me a check for $825 we went round and round and I walked out without the check . They contacted me later to come in for them to look at my car again . While in the office area my brother and I heard some employees talking in Spanish about their situation as illegals .

They didn't realize we were both fluent in Spanish . When the claims agent comes out to see me he offers a little over $900 . I walked out and contacted INS . I was present when INS raided the claims office and arrested the boss . I personally handed him the paper work for my lawsuit which I won . So no Jake for me