TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Why Do You Consistently "Back Up" Into Your Garage? What's The Purpose Or Point?

I live in a subdivision.... with very low traffic. You could easily pull into your garage "like normal" and back up out of your driveway with no problems... and on your way for the day!

I have this neighbor (who's black) who lives across the street from me. For literally the last 3-4 years he has constantly pulled his vehicle close to my curb... points his headlights into my living room... (headlights shine so damn bright)... and backs his vehicle inside his garage. Even though he's "a pro" at backing up his car into his garage... it takes more effort to do this.... than just backing out normally.

The father does it... he's about late 50's and his son does it as well....

So... what is the overall purpose??? If someone breaks into your home?? You can drive away faster! lol You can beat the morning or night traffic on our block?? Which there isn't any!! lol Do you feel like you're batman or some comic hero while doing this??? Why the fu## do people do this for???

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

You seriously don’t know why they do this ?

it’s so they can surveillance the area without being snuck up on

hood rule #1 for sure . Never get caught slipping .

back into garage and see everything as it’s coming towards you

same thing if you pulling into a driveway , or pulling into anywhere

I shouldn’t have to tell you this shit MoneyShot .

Now I’m worried bout you living in the big city again . Uggghhhh

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

My neighbor used to do this just to annoy the guy directly opposite as they had had some feud years earlier.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    My neighbor used to do this just to annoy the guy directly opposite as they had had some feud years earlier.
    Ya but bro , you are in Canada or what not ,that’s like a real life version of CandyLand

MoneyShot from the mean streets of chaos and no pity
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Fidel_CashFlow 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Some two-car garages can be small, especially, if you have bigger cars. The car on the left, you back in and put the passenger side as close to the wall as you can. The car on the right, you pull in straight and put the passenger side as close to the wall. That leaves you more space in the middle for the driver's door to swing open for both cars.

Plus, when I back in my SUV, I have more room to open the tailgate than I would if it was up against the garage door. If I pulled in in face first, I would have to almost be up against the wall to have enough room to open the tailgate.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

some things are just more cool than others

plus like Fidel said, scoping things out...

of course, if there's traffic, it's just safer. even in the countryside, some roads have speeders and blind sides with trees.

then of course if his garage door is to the right side, then when he enters the garage, his car door is right in front of him,
    he doesn't have to walk around the car. this helps in small garages.

Fidel_CashFlow

Opti’s such a good sport

TheMoneyShot

1. I don't live in the ghetto lol some of these black folk are civilized.

2. Zero traffic on my street... no weird blind spots at stop signs etc.

3. I don't believe my neighbor has any beef with me? But at times... does odd things like park in front of my mailbox.... when he could just park his car on his side of the street. I just believe he doesn't think at times. Brain dead. Plus, we wave to each other and have short conversations here and there.

4. They do have a 2.5 car garage.... so space isn't an issue.

It just gets annoying because.... they are always on the go.... like... in 1 hour one time.... his son backed up... pulled out... backed up... pulled out 3 times. lol

Just someone give me the science involved as to why??? lol Is your life backwards??? Do you wipe your ass first before taking a sh##?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Easier to pull out of the garage going forward in the morning, you can also see and avoid the family dog and or small child that might be in the driveway.

Back in after work when you are alert and awake is the way to go. I fully support backing into garages!!

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14404

Quick get away. I think it’s probably a comfort thing with him at this point. Just drive out.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Out here in SoCal, we don't even use our garages for our cars--we use them for storage only.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Out here in SoCal, we don't even use our garages for our cars--we use them for storage only.
    I've noticed that also among home owners unless they own an exotic car that's super expensive then they make room.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Reasons

1- safety. Your line of vision is limited to a mirror if not

2- lighting. If you need to pop the hood generally speaking there's better lighting depending on the way the hood latches

3- inclined driveway. RWD vehicle w a little snow or ice, you need a launching pad

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Ya but bro , you are in Canada or what not ,that’s like a real life version of CandyLand

MoneyShot from the mean streets of chaos and no pity

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    1. I don't live in the ghetto lol some of these black folk are civilized.

2. Zero traffic on my street... no weird blind spots at stop signs etc.

3. I don't believe my neighbor has any beef with me? But at times... does odd things like park in front of my mailbox.... when he could just park his car on his side of the street. I just believe he doesn't think at times. Brain dead. Plus, we wave to each other and have short conversations here and there.

4. They do have a 2.5 car garage.... so space isn't an issue.

It just gets annoying because.... they are always on the go.... like... in 1 hour one time.... his son backed up... pulled out... backed up... pulled out 3 times. lol

Just someone give me the science involved as to why??? lol Is your life backwards??? Do you wipe your ass first before taking a sh##?
    No science, but does your state only have their car tags on the back? When I lived in GA, people said they didn't like people being able to see their tag number, whatever the fook that means. Backing in seems to be preferred for most of the pick-up truck crowd, again don't know why.

svsooner
    svsooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16053

There is no attic space here in SoCal, WTFO?

TheMoneyShot

I will be getting to the bottom of this.... just busy at the moment. I will return.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10372

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Some two-car garages can be small, especially, if you have bigger cars. The car on the left, you back in and put the passenger side as close to the wall as you can. The car on the right, you pull in straight and put the passenger side as close to the wall. That leaves you more space in the middle for the driver's door to swing open for both cars.

Plus, when I back in my SUV, I have more room to open the tailgate than I would if it was up against the garage door. If I pulled in in face first, I would have to almost be up against the wall to have enough room to open the tailgate.
    Well said. Perfect solution to that situation..

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10372

When I'm playing golf the next day, I back it in.

Does not matter where you live. Never err on the side of caution. If your trying to say Canada has no crime, be careful.

I do see your point though. Most of the larger American cities are run by democrats, so crime is higher. Minnesota fats makes valid points.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

You ever seen Batman back out of the Batcave?

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

not me. I'd never park my car on the street with what's going on these days. Cars getting broken into and stolen all the time. If you have a car with a catalytic converter and park it on the street you'll be looking for a new one at some point.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is why you back in - to avoid this from happening.

TheMoneyShot

You guys are cracking me up with your posts!

Listen... I'm not bitching about if you do it 50% of the time.... like for golf... or loading something in your garage. They do it 100% of the time!! We just had around 6 inches of snow come down yesterday... and I'm watching these a$$holes back their vehicles into their garage... having a bitch of a time doing it! lol They had to throw it in forward twice.... because they couldn't get enough momentum to go backwards because of the snow! It's effing ridiculous! lol There's no need for this nonsense!

They are literally addicted to reverse lol

I seriously want to follow these fu##ers and see if they back into public parking spots at the mall in reverse lol this is retarded beyond belief.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Tms, let's get a video of the neighbor backing it in. It might help get to the bottom of this. Block out the plate. This might be the most interesting thread at SBR at the moment. I already learned a few things.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Had a gf that did this and she also was terrible at it. She would spend five minutes reversing into a spot even at grocery store and there would be a spot one slot over she could pull through to face out and achieve same result. Drove me penetrating nuts but she was hott so I let it go. I think they think it’s cool I don’t know.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Money, don't sweat the small stuff...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I back the car in reverse in my driveway in the winter. The reason is my garage door faces the south so I want my windshiled to be defrosted from the morning sun. In the summer I don't do this.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

MY 1st accident because huge Van was pulled in forwrads in huge parking lot so it's day time sunshine bright i stop at intersection to turn left HE people walking by cars turning in HE cant see my lil Dodge THUMP Both passenger doors RIPPED open like a can opener did it

HE agreed with me to never either of us pull in facing forward Better off parking away where it's open in fron of you so you can see what's what before pulling out.

I drive through a sububarn twons those who back out are very carefull because cars drive by at 25 - 35 MPH BUT they are able to see sides !

However every night out in delawre county when i'm working there is an accident reported on MY GPS on MY Phone

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Money, don't sweat the small stuff...
    You got it JP lol it's just in front of me.... I can't miss it. With these new HD LED headlights on these cars... it shines right through the windows near my front door. Blinding as fukk. Hard to miss. People have no consideration for others. If you want to back up... turn off your lights... have courtesy for others.... and go at it. You're backing up anyways... why the F do you need your headlights on??