Have a JVC 47" model. It was from their Black Crystal Line back in 2012. Now, before you say... it's just a regular HDTV... actually... there's no embedded images... color is fantastic... razor sharp picture from a DirecTV signal. Couldn't ask for a better TV from the sh#$ their making nowadays.

The issue I'm having... when you power up the TV.... the JVC logo appears. It typically fades out after 3-4 seconds. But... the logo never fades out... and then all controls freeze up. You have to disconnect the power cable to shut everything down.

So, yeah... I already researched the issue.... it's a faulty Main Board. Typically the first thing that corrupts on your HDTV now. I feel bad for people purchasing this LG sh#$!!! Everyone seems to have the same problem... people purchasing 60+ inch TV's and the LG logo appears on power up... but never fades out. TV freezes. Again, it's poorly designed video boards.

I took the JVC 47" TV apart... and got it working again... it's not going to last unless I switch boards...

A family member purchased an LG 65" I think?? Probably about 2 years ago.... they leave it on literally 24 hours a day.... In 18 months or so... the damn picture looks grey. Just the oddest colors.... literally staring at the TV makes you sick to your stomach... don't even know how they can stand watching such odd colors etc.

Like I said... this JVC 47" Model # JLC47BC3000 was the best damn TV for the price. I think I paid $700.00 back in 2012. Color is perfect... and I never had it serviced or recalibrated.

Any advice on TV's that you like or are satisfied with?? I don't care what model... list the name brand and model... and the reason or feature you like about it. I plan on purchasing something 60+ inches soon. The reason why I'm asking... haven't shopped for a TV since 2012