danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

nothing goes better with a good steak than straight up Zacapa 23!
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave danshan11 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Its a bad idea for me to drink cheap vodka. Recipe21 is a recipe for disaster.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

Fishers Island Lemonade. This ain't your mother's lemonade. And beware of cheaper imitations. Don't be cheap. Drink the REAL Fishers Island. 9% ABV sold in a 4-pack. Equivalent of drinking 7 regular beers. This goes down sooooo smoothly. Absolutely no stomach burn. You will drink one of these every 10 minutes and within 45 minutes be completely looped. It's not cheap at $16 a 4-pack but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Please DO NOT drink and drive. Please DO NOT harass, become belligerent, instigate argument, or threaten others when you drink. You give us responsible alcohol partakers a bad reputation.

Please drink responsibly.

Last edited by TheGoldenGoose; 04-23-19 at 04:25 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave TheGoldenGoose 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    nothing goes better with a good steak than straight up Zacapa 23!
    I care to differ and say a fine glass of red wine goes the best with a good piece of red meat.. Cheese and Italian food too...

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

There needs to be a good story behind the booze. For instance look up Colonel EH Taylor Warehouse C Tornado. This bourbon isn't all that much better than any other 60 bottle, but there's a great story behind it. Same with the original Jefferson's Ocean.

I have never bought a bottle of booze for the label or the bottle but I have definitely not bought a bottle because of the label or the bottle.

Anyways there's your free market research.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

JIBBBY: What a great looking block!!! LOVE IT.

Not to sound like a wine snob. Just my general life-long accumulated info from the College of Hard Knocks.

Three GREAT Red Wines that would go with your pic... in no specific order...

J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet Savignon.

14 Hands Cabernet Savignon.

Opici Homemade Barbarone - Been told by a few Italian friends that this tastes like their grandpa's homemade sh!t like NO OTHER.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    JIBBBY: What a great looking block!!! LOVE IT.

Not to sound like a wine snob. Just my general life-long accumulated info from the College of Hard Knocks.

Three GREAT Red Wines that would go with your pic... in no specific order...

J. Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet Savignon.

14 Hands Cabernet Savignon.

Opici Homemade Barbarone - Been told by a few Italian friends that this tastes like their grandpa's homemade sh!t like NO OTHER.
    There are some very good Merlot's out there too.. Cabs are good too.. Just depends..

Go to different wineries and go wine tasting and you'll get a taste of the good stuff. California wines I've grown fond of. So many to choose from.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I care to differ and say a fine glass of red wine goes the best with a good piece of red meat.. Cheese and Italian food too...

have you tried Zacapa 23?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    have you tried Zacapa 23?
    I have not.. Not a fan of Rum.. Everyone has their own taste though, I'm sure if you are a rum lover this will be good..

coanwe
    coanwe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7297

I go for what is on sale/ special (not necessarily what is cheapest). Being a creature of habit, as most humans are, I caught myself purchasing the same items repeatedly. I figured I was probably missing out on something with so many options available in each product category thes days. So, I decided I would use this methodology to force myself to try new things (beers, wines, liquor, cereals, yogurts, chips, etc.). I have since tried many items that would have never even crossed my mind- some good, some bad. This methodology makes decision making easier and sometimes saves me a few bucks. Variety is the spice of life.

First 12