eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Embarrassing Uber story

Picked up a girl near where I live last night, she lived 5 mins from me, as an Uber pool trip (multiple strangers ride together for cheaper price). We picked up several others and her stop was 45 mins away so naturally, we began talking for over an hour before she got out. Clearly into each other, even mentioned she was single to me, had 3 other people in car silent as she got out, wanted to ask for # but did not want sexual harassments complaints from the 3 other passengers...so I did not. In hindsight pathetic I did not just ask.

Naturally I can gauge convos well usually between normal convo and flirty and had hooked up with 2 passengers previously who I exchanged numbers with (1 asked me for my number too). Dated one for awhile too.

Really enjoyed my talk with her and she traveled a lot just as I do. I love seeing the world. So I figured if I report to Uber a lost item found, she’d get my number. On Lyft, when you report item lost, the passenger receives message and your number instantly...well I discovered Uber works different.

Reported item and sent a text about grabbing drinks sometime only to get Uber support reply with “clearly she did not leave an item and we will not pass your info to the rider” and threaten to shut me down...damn. Struck out.
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 03-31-19 at 10:27 AM.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

You know where she lives dude.....send her an old fashioned letter. Use an ink quill for an added touch and maybe a coupon for a "free ride." You get it? You get what I am saying right? I'm talking about a rooster ride, ya dumbass!

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    You know where she lives dude.....send her an old fashioned letter. Use an ink quill for an added touch and maybe a coupon for a "free ride." You get it? You get what I am saying right? I'm talking about a rooster ride, ya dumbass!
    Lives in one of those apartment buildings with one entrance and 200+ rooms.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

EESSHHHH.....Ya....Idk man.....Either 1. Wasn't into it as much as you thought or didn't like the way you used Uber to message her about drinks.

Don't bite the hand that feeds

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I miss seaweed's stories....much more entertaining

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    EESSHHHH.....Ya....Idk man.....Either 1. Wasn't into it as much as you thought or didn't like the way you used Uber to message her about drinks.

Don't bite the hand that feeds
    No, she never saw the message. Apparently with Uber you send an item found request, Uber reviews the photos and info provided, if they determine an item was found THEN they reach out to the rider. Guess I’m not the first to do this lol. Lyft just messages the rider automatically.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

uber drivers the trash of all trash

$8 per hr guys thats all

use cabs

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

$8 per hr guys thats all

use cabs
    I drove 31 hours total between this weekend and last, made $41/hr.

jjgold

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Don’t forget tax and wear and tear on your car cuz -

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Don’t forget tax and wear and tear on your car cuz -
    Stopped driving after January when they lowered driver rates.

They made me an offer I could not refuse though, bonus for 75 rides so I did that. Without the bonus, $33/hr this weekend. Typically Friday is $23-$27/hr, Saturday $25-$30/hr in my area. Since I will likely receive a job offer this week, will go back to not driving for Uber most likely.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

That is a tough one. I’d say you learned a valuable lesson here. Stop caring what strangers think (in this case the other passengers) and shoot your shot. Next time you’ll man up and ask for her number.

Also, I’d think it doesn’t hurt Uber drivers to carry business cards. I’ve asked drivers before for one, if they were cool or have driven me multiple times, figuring why not ‘moonlight’ and I’d pay them directly instead of Uber getting their fees.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Stopped driving after January when they lowered driver rates.

They made me an offer I could not refuse though, bonus for 75 rides so I did that. Without the bonus, $33/hr this weekend. Typically Friday is $23-$27/hr, Saturday $25-$30/hr in my area. Since I will likely receive a job offer this week, will go back to not driving for Uber most likely.
    Guys was making $3000 a week- back in 2012 in San Francisco when Uber first started - driving near 100 hours a week -
    Really good money back in the days

jjgold

It’s Terrible now

Blood money

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    That is a tough one. I’d say you learned a valuable lesson here. Stop caring what strangers think (in this case the other passengers) and shoot your shot. Next time you’ll man up and ask for her number.

Also, I’d think it doesn’t hurt Uber drivers to carry business cards. I’ve asked drivers before for one, if they were cool or have driven me multiple times, figuring why not ‘moonlight’ and I’d pay them directly instead of Uber getting their fees.
    THIS. I thought about that actually on the drive home. If I had business cards, I’d have been golden.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Eagles , where you located

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Eagles , where you located
    Washington DC metro area, live in Maryland.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Women hate guys who don't know how to ask for what they want. If you are able to pass up that opportunity, you are sure to wet the bed when it really counts. Trying to get a number after the fact is lame. Swing when it's your time to bat, loser.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Women hate guys who don't know how to ask for what they want. If you are able to pass up that opportunity, you are sure to wet the bed when it really counts. Trying to get a number after the fact is lame. Swing when it's your time to bat, loser.
    Mac, I’m sure you are good friends with Dara Khosrowshahi , can you drop a good word for him.?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Guys lived a fascinating life for what, 24

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Guys lived a fascinating life for what, 24
    I want Eagle to tell the story where he went out to return a new pair of pants but fell in mud. And he was wearing the very pants he was returning.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I miss seaweed's stories....much more entertaining
    Yep

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I want Eagle to tell the story where he went out to buy a new pair of pants but fell in mud. And he was wearing the very pants he was returning.
    Woke up late to class, was pouring down raining, a paper was due that day worth 5-10% of final grade for college class. 40 min walk so instead grabbed my motorcycle (remember POURING RAIN)...rode it onto campus, got to a roundabout circle, anyone knows slow speed circles no good especially +rain...bike slid from underneath me...fell right huge pile of mud. Picked up bike rode to class HAD to...

Put paper on desk and the class stared, my entire pants, shirt, everything covered in a massive layer of mud. Quietly walked back out after leaving paper.

Miss my motorcycle, it got stolen sadly.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Also, I’d think it doesn’t hurt Uber drivers to carry business cards.
    Yup.. ..

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Eagles what happened when the guy broke your jaw

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Eagles what happened when the guy broke your jaw
    Halloween open party, we had like 50 people there. A close friend at the time, had been tripping on acid and got drunk. I was sober only couple of beers and a shot over several hours. Have no memory of it. Apparently around 2:00am put my hand on his shoulder to say let’s go drink or something and he just sucker punched the shit out of my jaw.

Literally woke up, no memory at all, in my bed dripping blood, teeth in front of teeth, bad. Started screaming bloody hell and drove to ER.

Apparently I declined ambulance when they came which I was a bit happy about, $1000 unnecessary bill that is not covered by my insurance. $25k paid out by insurance for the surgeries and what not, had to spend $3500 out of pocket, threatened to sue, kid was broke so not much I could get, his parents offered the $2500 that they were going to spend on a lawyer for him.

Bostongambler

Eagle, how about a senerio where I’m forced to clap erases after class for detention and Anne Hathaway is the teacher.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Eagle, how about a senerio where I’m forced to clap erases after class for detention and Anne Hathaway is the teacher.
    Closest story I have to that is penetrating my ex in a few classrooms and the university library.

Bostongambler

Closest story I have to that is penetrating my ex in a few classrooms and the university library.
    Boooooo boooooo Iron Eagle!!!!!

That isn’t worthy of an Oscar!!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...On Lyft, when you report item lost, the passenger receives message and your number instantly...well I discovered Uber works different.

Reported item and sent a text about grabbing drinks sometime only to get Uber support reply with “clearly she did not leave an item and we will not pass your info to the rider” and threaten to shut me down...damn. Struck out.

Not their first rodeo.

Eagles, next time just try the "LYFT way"...

Women Disturbed After Lyft Driver Shows Up Without Pants

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Picked up a girl near where I live last night, she lived 5 mins from me, as an Uber pool trip (multiple strangers ride together for cheaper price). We picked up several others and her stop was 45 mins away so naturally, we began talking for over an hour before she got out. Clearly into each other, even mentioned she was single to me, had 3 other people in car silent as she got out, wanted to ask for # but did not want sexual harassments complaints from the 3 other passengers...so I did not. In hindsight pathetic I did not just ask.

Naturally I can gauge convos well usually between normal convo and flirty and had hooked up with 2 passengers previously who I exchanged numbers with (1 asked me for my number too). Dated one for awhile too.

Really enjoyed my talk with her and she traveled a lot just as I do. I love seeing the world. So I figured if I report to Uber a lost item found, she’d get my number. On Lyft, when you report item lost, the passenger receives message and your number instantly...well I discovered Uber works different.

Lol total bummer man.

Get the next one bro.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

$8 per hr guys thats all

use cabs
    Thats all they make ?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Bro when I went to get my chest waxed last time I really wanted to ask the chick at the counter for her number and I didn’t.

Still kicking myself for it.

Thing is I don’t plan to get my chest waxed ever again. Huge waste of money and it made me break out like crazy. Just going to shave from now on. And I kinda feel dumb walking in just to see if she is working and get those digits

Anyway

Always risk it man

She probably would have thought that was a boss move if you asked for her number infront of 3 people

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Lives in one of those apartment buildings with one entrance and 200+ rooms.
    Pick a nice day and stake it out. The lost and found idea was already pretty creepy, no shame in stopping now!! Nothing more adorable than “how we met” stories that begin with one side stalking the other, she might dig it, what better way to know you already own this cab driver? She be running you in circles for next 20 years, then she clip your nets, then say it not working cause she wants a baby! Lol

If the girl really dug you which is debateable, surely she could have found out who you were if she cared no? I usually use Lyft but I get same girl all the time, we talk too. It’s possible to have a conversation w someone without hoping they stalk you!! Saying she single don’t mean shit, nice girl making talk, doesn’t mean she been waiting her whole life for that special Uber driver to make all her dreams come true! I even talk to the dudes of a questionable ethnic shade you know the 1’s who could be saving up for explosive materials, or to feed there kids, how can tell?? Anyways I assure you I just don’t like to sit in silence In someone else’s car (especially in this case and when we were in striking distance of any number of landmarks. He talking to me he can’t chant his virgin song!

Lol. Ok joking against. I’m
    Just a talkative Mfer and no way I’m
    Gettin in a ub and not chopimh it up w driver. Obviously I’m happier about it when it the cute chick I think parties but at end of the day in those spots you either have to be so awesome she does the progressive thing and acts you out, which is great! Or you have to wow her to the point you ray Charles can see she wants kissed... if i was a betting man she was just a chatty type that felt rude not saying nothing while in some strangers car more than she was really hopin you gew a time pair of stones by end of trip! You coulda always Rusned around and opened door too. No woman I might like (as in good looking) ever opens a door around me. For all that dumb title 9 #whynotus bla bla bla. I’ve still never met a woman he didn’t like her door opened for her, seems even more obvious if you driving them around.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

$8 per hr guys thats all

use cabs
    Only when they pick up deadbeat no tipping bald jerkoffs who takes a min getting seatbelt clicked..

Not sure how they make 8hr? Lyft charges me 10 to go like 3 miles. Driver could mace that pickup/droppoff 10x a hour easy. Maybe 8x if dumb mfers gettikh in slow., and that seriously like a 3 mile trip. Can’t imagine wtf it cost for a decent drive and stl kinda spread the hell out!!

Bet they make a good 15-20hr when busy, remember most ppl get paid money for work not bet points so they tip!!!

12 Last