eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

My Resume - review and thoughts? Looking for insight, seeking FP&A or project finance

SUMMARY

Highly motivated, self-directed financial analyst, with a diverse experience background, focused on improving the financial success of the company and its investments. Familiar with project modeling and budgeting, monitoring variances in operating assets, observing legislative policy and recommending appropriate actions.

EDUCATION

University of Maryland
    Robert H. Smith School of Business GPA: 3.4
    Bachelor of Science, Accounting May 2016
    Bachelor of Science, Finance December 2017

University Honors Citation September 2012 – May 2014

WORK EXPERIENCE

Solar Company
    Financial Analyst (Project Finance) April 2018 – December 2018

• Determined maximum offers for over 200MW of projects using contractual revenue streams (PPA and incentives), tax credits, debt leveraging, production estimates, ongoing costs and legislative policies
    • Researched state incentive policies for renewable energy in all states and was designated as the analyst to model all projects in the Midwest and Northeast U.S. regions
    • Gained a strong understanding of SalesForce and its capabilities through logging all requests and quotes
    • Registered and managed Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) of operating assets through PJM
    • Created quarterly investment committee and BOD presentations using PowerPoint regarding projects moving forward, analysis of operating assets, and key modelling assumption changes
    • Participated in conference calls with developers and outside entities with the business development team to determine different feasible options and explain modeling assumptions

Deloitte & Touche LLP
    Audit Associate Intern January 2018 – March 2018

• Mastered advanced Excel tools including Vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formatting, and charting
    • Trained on control and substantive procedure tests to help prepare for year-end 10-K statement release
    • Tested derivative balance sheet accounts of a REIT client using financial analysis to ensure effective hedging
    • Compiled SOX compliance certifications from leaders of an Aerospace & Defense contractor

Mortgage Company
    Account Executive (Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator) – NMLS ID - #1503696 June 2016 - December 2016

• Learned the mortgage business and passed SAFE national and state licensing exams
    • Memorized income and debt ratios along with underwriting guidelines to effectively qualify customers
    • Strengthened time management skills to maximize daily loan origination
    • Gained insight on building client relationships by appealing to different personalities
    • Received promotion to the Home Purchase department within 90 days

Sports Memorabilia LLC (Sole Proprietorship) College Park, MD
    Owner January 2015 - December 2015

• Developed sports cards and memorabilia wholesale business and created own website
    • Handled over $100,000 in sales in the first 6 months after acquiring resale license
    • Used penetration pricing strategy to gain customer base, then slowly raised profit margin to 20%
    • Maintained inventory balances, completed tax work and shipped over 300 packages
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 03-10-19 at 08:42 PM.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

Wtf eagle???? Did you leave out the part where you were at Belview?

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com
    Matt17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Diverse work history.

eaglesfan371

Notes:

1) Ignore the formatting, in my PDF form it is formatted properly.
    2) I left the mortgage company as I did not enjoy sales and was 20 credits away from bachelor's in finance, finished bachelors of finance in 2017 (accounting in 2016)
    3) I received an offer to continue 6 months later from Deloitte in audit but did not enjoy auditing at all. I worked with a local recruiting agency to obtain job as a financial analyst
    4) I mutually parted ways with the solar company as the company hit 0 of 6 KPIs and had assured me I would receive a raise as I had started well under the area's salary for finance. These promises never came through and when I asked how they were going to hit 2019 KPIs there was no answer. Turnover was high and there was no also no mobility for me to advance within as the company was small.

5) The Sports memorabilia business is one I started on my own and ran it out of my dorm room for a year. It was never an industry that could make me a millionaire but with 100k in sales out of my dorm, I was able to pay for a year of school.

My biggest issue / red flag is the short time frame at each company, however my peers at the solar company can provide positive references. I am seeking an analyst role with a company that is doing well and experiencing strong growth while also providing the ability to grow from within. Struggling emotionally as its been hard to gain interviews.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I know it is quite funny I am posting this to a sportsbetting forum but many of you seem well into your careers and doing well yourselves.
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 03-10-19 at 08:40 PM.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

shred it and start over

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Want to copy this and apply for jobs nobody even verify anything anymore

Bostongambler

Should land you a job in hospital housekeeping

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com

Id try and get back into solar, i get literally 3-5 calls daily where people trying to get me to put solar panels on my roof for free since its offered here for nothing. You name is eaglesfan so i assume you are from southeast PA/south NJ. Pissed off I decided not to buy stock in a solar panel company 5 years ago, would have made a great profit/dividend today. If you don't go that route than invest in robotics, that is the future. I did get into that instead of solar but wish I had gotten into both. Good luck bud.

#FlyEaglesFly

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Matt17 View Post
    Id try and get back into solar, i get literally 3-5 calls daily where people trying to get me to put solar panels on my roof for free since its offered here for nothing. You name is eaglesfan so i assume you are from southeast PA/south NJ. Pissed off I decided not to buy stock in a solar panel company 5 years ago, would have made a great profit/dividend today. If you don't go that route than invest in robotics, that is the future. I did get into that instead of solar but wish I had gotten into both. Good luck bud.

#FlyEaglesFly
    Problem is local solar companies are generally not big enough that they need a financial analyst. The company I worked at was not a company that did small house projects, were talking giant solar farms. As you can imagine, especially with the higher costs to build from the tariffs, the industry does not have many players left after several went of business. I have reached out to 5-10 of those companies and most of the time they want someone with investment banking experience, which sadly I do not have.

I would love to enter investment banking but unfortunately my GPA of 3.4 is not high enough and it is relatively too late; many IB professionals gathered internships in college before obtaining the role. I'm located in the Washington DC metro area but willing to relocate anywhere especially Texas.

I'm going to guess you're located in New Jersey. You will likely see those calls reduce as the energy credit values are slowing depleting. It used to be $300/mwh in NJ, the highest credit value in the country, but that is falling every year by about 30%. Last I looked it was at $200/mwh. In 3-4 years it will be $50 or less.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Notes:

1) Ignore the formatting, in my PDF form it is formatted properly.
    2) I left the mortgage company as I did not enjoy sales and was 20 credits away from bachelor's in finance, finished bachelors of finance in 2017 (accounting in 2016)
    3) I received an offer to continue 6 months later from Deloitte in audit but did not enjoy auditing at all. I worked with a local recruiting agency to obtain job as a financial analyst
    4) I mutually parted ways with the solar company as the company hit 0 of 6 KPIs and had assured me I would receive a raise as I had started well under the area's salary for finance. These promises never came through and when I asked how they were going to hit 2019 KPIs there was no answer. Turnover was high and there was no also no mobility for me to advance within as the company was small.

5) The Sports memorabilia business is one I started on my own and ran it out of my dorm room for a year. It was never an industry that could make me a millionaire but with 100k in sales out of my dorm, I was able to pay for a year of school.

My biggest issue / red flag is the short time frame at each company, however my peers at the solar company can provide positive references. I am seeking an analyst role with a company that is doing well and experiencing strong growth while also providing the ability to grow from within. Struggling emotionally as its been hard to gain interviews.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I know it is quite funny I am posting this to a sportsbetting forum but many of you seem well into your careers and doing well yourselves.
    How about a Branch Manager for a Mortgage Company?

You have the experience and what they want for Branch Mgr positions is the degrees, which you have.

Maybe Wells or someone similar?

I have friends who do that and your experience/degrees seem like it could work out.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Fuk if your not making 130k or more a year having to go threw all that bull shit I feel sorry for you hopefully you are

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    How about a Branch Manager for a Mortgage Company?

You have the experience and what they want for Branch Mgr positions is the degrees, which you have.

Maybe Wells or someone similar?

I have friends who do that and your experience/degrees seem like it could work out.
    Have to think long term Steve. Not interested in sales and I really want to use my finance background. Branch manager would be strictly sales and customer support. The salaries would also be far less. While it would be nice to be employed, my main issue already is not staying at a company for 2 years. I am looking for an analyst role and have to stick to that.

Gmen30
    Update your status
    Gmen30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Corbin Electric might been hiring account executives. They are definitely worth a look.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Fuk if your not making 130k or more a year having to go threw all that bull shit I feel sorry for you hopefully you are
    I've had 1 official and 1 unofficial offer for jobs outside of Baltimore for 50-55k which I turned down. Thing is, you can make 20% more here in DC but of course higher cost of living. I am looking for a salary of 65k or more which is reasonable as a few analysts I know in DC started at 70-75k. If I accept 55k I'm going to be unhappy again and I truly want to stay with my next company for a minimum of 2 years, hopefully a lot longer.

Now if Morgan Stanley or another HUGE finance influence offered me such a role, then yes I would accept less salary for the experience.

eaglesfan371

Guys guys I appreciate the insight but I do not want anything to do with sales aka account executives lol. Thank you though for the comments, I truly appreciate it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Matt17

pilebuck13

I've had 1 official and 1 unofficial offer for jobs outside of Baltimore for 50-55k which I turned down. Thing is, you can make 20% more here in DC but of course higher cost of living. I am looking for a salary of 65k or more which is reasonable as a few analysts I know in DC started at 70-75k.
    Idk man seems like not enough money I can’t believe people go to school that long and make peanuts it’s a tragedy.

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com

I've had 1 official and 1 unofficial offer for jobs outside of Baltimore for 50-55k which I turned down.
    Take one of those jobs and keep hunting, good luck bud.

eaglesfan371

Take one of those jobs and keep hunting, good luck bud.
    Again, I don't want to job hop anymore though. That would look extremely bad in my opinion. This is my last shot if you think about it - if I leave a company quickly this time, no one will give me a chance after. I would love to work in Texas with no income tax or another state, but I've struggled to even get a callback from an out of state company.

Bostongambler

Again, I don't want to job hop anymore though. That would look extremely bad in my opinion. This is my last shot if you think about it - if I leave a company quickly this time, no one will give me a chance after.
    How are you with a rag? And can you make it to Cambridge ma by the morning.

Bostongambler

Monday is always a big day plus with all the salt on the roads this weekend I’ll need an extra raf guy.

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com

Again, I don't want to job hop anymore though. That would look extremely bad in my opinion. This is my last shot if you think about it - if I leave a company quickly this time, no one will give me a chance after. I would love to work in Texas with no income tax or another state, but I've struggled to even get a callback from an out of state company.
    I understand but a $1000 a week paycheck, even before taxes, is better than no check.

pilebuck13

Elevator mechanic elevators union your more then smart enough to pass the test in 3-4 years you’ll be clearing 200k a year

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

It's not going to be easy , highly motivated and yet the short time at previous jobs does throw up red flags .
    It's like a "I won't work unless on my terms ".
    More than not , most people at a time in their career will be doing something they don't like , outside their role and responsibilities yet stay with it .
    I know I damn sure have , I'm over a Automotive Project for an entire Plant , nobody told me I was the accountant as well , keeping up with every penny spent , basically answering for every single thing involving a couple thousand people . It blows yet I see it as short term , the next position after this is complete is the one I want anyway , so it's simply a stepping stone .
    Best of luck to you on finding what you want

eaglesfan371

I understand but a $1000 a week paycheck, even before taxes, is better than no check.
    After I questioned how the company was going to hit KPIs after they refused to honor the raise they said they would give me, my manager said I had a bad attitude and let me go. I was at 61k and wanted 65k, that's it. HR told me in November I was going to receive the raise in my year end review in December.

Maryland unemployment insurance found them to have fired me without cause, never written up, etc and I was awarded $425, before taxes, per week for up to 6 months. This is month 3 of my claim. I have a fair amount in savings. So I'm not desperate yet for anything but if not employed soon, that argument will apply a lot more. Just to be clear, these payments are paid by businesses NOT taxpayers. I am not on food stamps or any public assistance.

pilebuck13

Btw salary is just a way for them to put unrealistic expectations and make you work on your own time fuk them hourly w double time and time and a half or fuk them.

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com

After I questioned how the company was going to hit KPIs after they refused to honor the raise they said they would give me, my manager said I had a bad attitude and let me go. I was at 61k and wanted 65k, that's it. HR told me in November I was going to receive the raise in my year end review in December.

Maryland unemployment insurance found them to have fired me without cause, never written up, etc and I was awarded $425, before taxes, per week for up to 6 months. This is month 3 of my claim. I have a fair amount in savings. So I'm not desperate yet for anything but if not employed soon, that argument will apply a lot more. Just to be clear, these payments are paid by businesses NOT taxpayers. I am not on food stamps or any of those public things and will never be.
    I hear ya man. If you still have unemployment insurance coming in then go for that job you want.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Btw salary is just a way for them to put unrealistic expectations and make you work on your own time fuk them hourly w double time and time and a half or fuk them.
    Pilebuck all fair points. Your argument is why my generation is plagued with student debt. However, my generation is also considered lazy so I don't know. Either way, sounds like you're doing well, do you need a financial analyst?

pilebuck13

Pilebuck all fair points. Your argument is why my generation is plagued with student debt. However, my generation is also considered lazy so I don't know. Either way, sounds like you're doing well, do you need a financial analyst?
    No buddy, regardless best of luck. Your body will be well rested and you’ll enjoy life more not doing manual labor, either way stay single and kid less for a while, and travel the world have some fun
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eaglesfan371

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com

PM sent.

jjgold

Eagles You’re an emotional wreck I wouldn’t hire you, You’re that type a guy that’s taking pills in the bathroom a month into the job

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Dyin.
    Coach that was not nice and it was also inaccurate. If he was an emotional wreck he would NOT still be good at poker.

Coach calm down man.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    How are you with a rag? And can you make it to Cambridge ma by the morning.

jjgold

Boston Gambler doesn’t own a car wash I’ve done some checking

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boston Gambler doesn’t own a car wash I’ve done some checking
    Hmmm, I should tell the bank that then.

12 Last