VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-s...asa-scientist/

“The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age,” wrote Dr Tony Phillips just six weeks ago, on 27 Sep 2018.

Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018 and Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding, says Phillips, editor of spaceweather.com.

Data from NASA’s TIMED satellite show that the thermosphere (the uppermost layer of air around our planet) is cooling and shrinking, literally decreasing the radius of the atmosphere.

(More at the link.)

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Wait a minute. I thought global warming was settled science.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Wait a minute. I thought global warming was settled science.
    Does someone really need to explain there is a difference between the effects of sun activity and the effects from terrestrial activity to you?

I know climate change deniers are pretty thick folk, but c'mon.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Does someone really need to explain there is a difference between the effects of sun activity and the effects from terrestrial activity to you?

not only are you wrong, you're incapable of understanding because you do not know science.

doesn't help you live in one of the WORST countries in the world when it comes to the press. You're fed lies and 0 truths as you've admitted before.

Yet you still believe in global warming. You poor sucker.

fool me once, shame on you

fool me a million times and I still fall for it then I must be an Australian.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Deniers also think we never landed on the moon, the Holocaust never happened, and Tupac and Elvis are still alive.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The idea of climate change and what effect humans can have on this planet is absolutely nothing when compared to the power the sun has.

The sun is the only climate factor that matters, the rest has nothing to do with day to day living, it's just part of the cycle.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be good stewards of our backyards but really...the sun does more with a solar flare than 20,000 years of human a activity combined.

It needs to be put in perspective.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

This information alone was worth the $19.5 billion the clowns at NASA siphoned off the US taxpayers this year.

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!
    AlgoLady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Deniers also think we never landed on the moon, the Holocaust never happened, and Tupac and Elvis are still alive.
    We for sure didn't in Apollo 11 all the evidence you need to see is the press conference when they "came back" says it all those 3 guys look scared to death like if they slip that's it, certainly don't look like 3 guys who just landed on the moon also funny none of these guys were ever interviewed afterwards strange huh?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by AlgoLady View Post
    funny none of these guys were ever interviewed afterwards strange huh?
    Well apart from here

And here

And here

And here

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Lets hope so, greetings from Australia

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Sounds like this will keep the air conditioning bills down next summer.

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!

Well apart from here

And here

And here

And here

Watch the press conference no chance they landed on the moon. and sorry 1 interview 25 years after the fact don't do nothing for me.

Optional

Watch the press conference no chance they landed on the moon. and sorry 1 interview 25 years after the fact don't do nothing for me.
    But one video interview is all you need to be sure it never happened??

Plus you lied to backup your delusion! Not interviewed again you said. Need me to find another half dozen interviews? But really just one was all that was needed to debunk the evidence you believe!

Do you think there is any possibility America did make it to the moon but some of the public material was produced on earth?

How do you think the retroreflectors on the moon got there?

There is nothing in the known natural world that can act like they do.

Or do you refuse to believe the hundreds of thousands of science students who have observed these for themselves in experiments?

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

is the earth really round? shit I was gonna roll a marble to my homie Kyrie in Boston from here (Denver)

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Optional is right and you are right.

You can’t reason or have an intelligent discussion with these people so don’t waste your time on their ignorance.

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!

But one video interview is all you need to be sure it never happened??

Plus you lied to backup your delusion! Not interviewed again you said. Need me to find another half dozen interviews? But really just one was all that was needed to debunk the evidence you believe!

Do you think there is any possibility America did make it to the moon but some of the public material was produced on earth?

How do you think the retroreflectors on the moon got there?

There is nothing in the known natural world that can act like they do.

Or do you refuse to believe the hundreds of thousands of science students who have observed these for themselves in experiments?
    Ive watched ALOT of things on this topic and I have more ?'s then answers ALOT more.

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!

People are so gullible they believe everything people say do your own homework on this and you'll see for yourself..Not even going to bother getting deep into this topic with you because you believe what you believe I believe what I believe.

Optional

People are so gullible they believe everything people say do your own homework on this and you'll see for yourself..Not even going to bother getting deep into this topic with you because you believe what you believe I believe what I believe.
    You don't have to go deep.

You were only asked how retroreflectors have been observed on the moon since the 70s if America never landed there?

Simples

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!

You don't have to go deep.

You were only asked how retroreflectors have been observed on the moon since the 70s if America never landed there?

Simples

Like I said I don't feel like going deep into this because like you just asked me that question I can ask you 5 more question that you won't have an answer to that are actual facts that happen. Like I said before I have gone down this rabbit hole and have spent hours upon hours on it and like I said there are way more ?'s then answers so i'm going to just politely leave it at that.

Optional

Like I said I don't feel like going deep into this because like you just asked me that question I can ask you 5 more question that you won't have an answer to that are actual facts that happen. Like I said before I have gone down this rabbit hole and have spent hours upon hours on it and like I said there are way more ?'s then answers so i'm going to just politely leave it at that.
    You can try me. I may have an answer, or a theory.

Lots of weird/interesting things about the moon landing and the info relayed to the public, but really nothing that can dispute that those retroflectors exist or how they could have got there at that time if America never landed.

AlgoLady
    Make your own luck!

You can try me. I may have an answer, or a theory.

Lots of weird/interesting things about the moon landing and the info relayed to the public, but really nothing that can dispute that those retroflectors exist or how they could have got there at that time if America never landed.
    I don't think we we're the first to land on the moon.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The idea of climate change and what effect humans can have on this planet is absolutely nothing when compared to the power the sun has.

The sun is the only climate factor that matters, the rest has nothing to do with day to day living, it's just part of the cycle.
    If the sun was the only factor that mattered, the climate on the earth and moon would be the same. But they aren’t, because there are many other factors that matter

cubswin
    cubswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

This is because of plastic straws

Optional

I don't think we we're the first to land on the moon.
    That could be true.

But is that also your best explanation for the retroreflectors?

There are several good reasons why they are very unlikely to be of alien origin.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Back to the original post sounds like a good thing for us these days.