19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

NFL great Jim Brown, known for his activism, says he would never kneel for anthem

Jim Brown: “I’ll never kneel”

Brown, known as one of the most prominent activist/athletes of his era (and probably all eras), said he would never kneel for the national anthem according to Tom WIthers of the Associated Press.

“I’ll never kneel and I will always respect the flag,” Brown told Withers before the HBO premiere of “Hard Knocks” that features the Browns.

Brown, who is 82, said he supported the players’ rights to kneel. But he didn’t agree with what they’re doing.

“Well, if you take the bottom line, what are we talking about? We’re talking about freedom to express one’s self, and if you don’t break any rules then you have that particular right,” Brown told the Associated Press.

“I am not going to denigrate my flag and I’m going to stand for the national anthem. I’m fighting with all of my strength to make it a better country, but I don’t think that’s the issue. Because what is the top side? Are you not going to stand up? This is our country, man.

“We work hard to make it better and that’s my attitude, so I don’t relate to this issue because it’s newsworthy because where are your superstars? And where are they at? Aren’t they making comments?”

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guy is a very well known abuser of women, not sure I'd look to him on advice on questions of principle.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

Sharing the CTE.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The large majority of players in the NFL don't kneel for the anthem either.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

A new respect and love for JIM BROWN!!!! True American with values..

He's done more for the black communities and kids then Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson all combined...

Pretty good RB too...

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Different times for sure

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^Was a different time... Maybe a better time then today... Hard to say??? 60's and 70's looked like fun to me.. I wasn't even born yet.. 1968 is when I came into this world.. Vietnam war wasn't fun though..

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Notorious woman beater Jim Brown won’t kneel for the anthem. OK.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Notorious woman beater Jim Brown won’t kneel for the anthem. OK.
    Did he beat his women? That's a shame if he did.. Wouldn't be the first for a Pro football player to do that.. It's a violent sport after all and the front lobe of the brain takes a beating with helmet to helmet hits day after day even in practice....

I guess it happens.. Agro and short tempered...

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^^Was a different time... Maybe a better time then today... Hard to say??? 60's and 70's looked like fun to me.. I wasn't even born yet.. 1968 is when I came into this world.. Vietnam war wasn't fun though..

I think better times without a doubt.

I wish i grew up back then when things were much more simple.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

15 players still kneeled or held up a fist during our National Anthems yesterday.. NFL does nothing.. Trump tweets on it...

NFL is still a joke and afraid to discipline their rouge employees.. Inmates are still running the prison I see...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09...al-anthem.html

These are 2 of your kneelers yesterday... They probably don't even know why they are kneeling..

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

15 players still kneeled or held up a fist during our National Anthems yesterday.. NFL does nothing.. Trump tweets on it...

NFL is still a joke and afraid to discipline their rouge employees.. Inmates are still running the prison I see...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/09...al-anthem.html

These are 2 of your kneelers yesterday... They probably don't even know why they are kneeling..

LOL at the racist prick idiot JLABIA, all good with woman beater Jim Brown but kneel during a song and you are a rouge employee. Now he also claims to be a mind reader lol. So sad and quite frankly sickening that bigoted impotent ass holes like you still exist.

Gives Brown a pass for being a woman beater because of damage to the front lobe but peacefully protest a important issue in our society and get called an inmate. You disgust me.
    Last edited by jayfly; 08-10-18 at 10:33 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    LOL at the racist prick idiot JLABIA, all good with woman beater Jim Brown but kneel during a song and you are a rouge employee. Now he also claims to be a mind reader lol. So sad and quite frankly sickening that bigoted impotent ass holes like you still exist.

Gives Brown a pass for being a woman beater because of damage to the front lobe but peacefully protest a important issue in our society and get called an inmate. You disgust me.
    I bet you support and probably even enjoy burning the American flag don't you?

USA!!! Stand proud SHOW SOME DAMN RESPECT!!!! Doesn't matter what color you are if you are American..

jayfly

I bet you support and probably even enjoy burning the American flag don't you?

USA!!! Stand proud SHOW SOME DAMN RESPECT!!!! Doesn't matter what color you are if you are American..

Why do you think you know whats going through other people minds? LOL at the faux outrage on both sides about something so stupid as standing during a fuc king song.

deplorable
    deplorable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1792

If black people have been screwed as much as they say they've been they all would have struck oil by now. These players can scream about how much black lives matter but they'll find out how much white money matters when the white money is gone

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

If these libtards and "protesting" blacks had any sense they would get a clue when a lifelong activist like Jim Brown disagrees with what's happening. Of course they don't have any sense, and will now turn on Jim Brown and attack him for betraying their flock of ignorance.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

What I find funny is all these players that kneel and say what they r protesting for. Yet during the offseasons or even during th he season they take no time or money to gather and set up a protest or march to get involved and make a statement. They choose to do it when it convenient for them and never take another stance when they can. How can anybody take them serious

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

A new respect and love for JIM BROWN!!!! True American with values..

He's done more for the black communities and kids then Maxine Waters, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson all combined...

Pretty good RB too...

What have those other people done but used their race inorder to make money,we have plenty of those sorts of shills in the white community,Alex Jones good example.

Im not including Jim Brown in that statement,never considered Jim a fraud.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 08-10-18 at 01:30 PM.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post

Losers like jibby dont care as long as the person agrees with theyre ignorant narrative, same idiots dogging lebrons comments about trump would be praising him if he said trump was doing a good job, stupid penetrates, cant take these lames serious

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    If these libtards and "protesting" blacks had any sense they would get a clue when a lifelong activist like Jim Brown disagrees with what's happening. Of course they don't have any sense, and will now turn on Jim Brown and attack him for betraying their flock of ignorance.
    Shut your dumbass up, stupid ass cac

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Pretty good RB too...
    Interesting. I didn't know Trump played RB.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave ByeShea 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Subpar response from subhuman filth

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2298

Who cares if they kneel or not, people getting triggered just encourages them anyways

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Subpar response from subhuman filth
    Dont worry about these Libtards mate,not worth it.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Posting from an Obama phone r you..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Losers like jibby dont care as long as the person agrees with theyre ignorant narrative, same idiots dogging lebrons comments about trump would be praising him if he said trump was doing a good job, stupid penetrates, cant take these lames serious
    Go burn a flag, collect your welfare check, and go protest at the next BLM white hate rally... Safe to say a long prison term awaits you in the near future ghetto boy, enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

This is such a non story.

Just more proof that the anthem protest was a terrible idea.

Another year and another public forgetting what the protest is about because everyone is focused on the anthem

Way to go Cap, way to start something then totally fuk it up because you are not a leader.

Find a leader, or continue to discuss the anthem instead of any issues at play.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If the media didn't go above and beyond to tell us about this, no one would know or care.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Another year and another public forgetting what the protest is about because everyone is focused on the anthem

Way to go Cap, way to start something then totally fuk it up because you are not a leader.

Stories gotten really old,surprised their still pushing this shite.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

It's bad enough they chose the anthem to send their message

They have no message. Their message changed constantly and it was always based on false narratives and lies. If they were protesting Hollywood glorifying uneducated criminal lifestyles in the black community, or the Democrat party enslaving them for generations with entitlements, then maybe it would be more understandable. Still misguided to do it during the anthem, but more understandable.

deplorable
    deplorable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1792

Look the media and blacks hate America. These guys walk around saying "we're oppressed slaves in chains" The only chain around your neck is the one you spent 10K on. Quit whining.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    If the media didn't go above and beyond to tell us about this, no one would know or care.
    Media does have full control over the peoples emotions. What they cover we watch and react too..

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

The protesters might as well protest during a soldier's funeral because it's the exact same thing. Rights are not necessarily the same thing as what IS right.

jayfly

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    What I find funny is all these players that kneel and say what they r protesting for. Yet during the offseasons or even during th he season they take no time or money to gather and set up a protest or march to get involved and make a statement. They choose to do it when it convenient for them and never take another stance when they can. How can anybody take them serious
    How the penetrate would you know what they do in the off season you ignorant prick?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    The protesters might as well protest during a soldier's funeral because it's the exact same thing. Rights are not necessarily the same thing as what IS right.
    Yup it's a rude interruption for fans and Americans to see during our American sport pass time, may as well burn the flag during the anthem on the side lines if you really wanna protest and draw attention to yourself.. No difference there either..

Owners need to discipline their children, this should have never happened in the first place.. You don't see it happening in other sports leagues..

League punishes players for over celebrating in the end zone but they say nothing about this... NFL is run by a bunch of idiots.. Sad..

12 Last