bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You know, back when Blade came out 20 years ago, I don't remember anyone complaining about him being a black Marvel superhero. I am still praying that Snipes does Blade 4 someday.
    Uh pass...The only good thing about Blade 3 was Ryan Reynolds.

Was hoping he(Blade) would pop up somewhere in the new Marvel movies/tv shows.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    Pretty tough for black panther to follow ragnarock and not be a bit disappointing, front to back I thought ragnarock was the best marvel movie to date. If u are a marvel guy and liked it that much then I am a bit more pumped for it thx
    My list of fav marvel movies
    #1 ragnarock
    #2 civil war
    #3 deadpool #3 Black Panther
    #4 guardians 2
    #5 age of ultron
    Great list... I'd probably put Black Panther tied for 3rd with Deadpool. The action was good not great. The first fight and the even the last fight scene was too dark, so you couldn't really see what was going on. But, I found the story very compelling. Of course it could have been better but it was damn sure entertaining.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Everyone cheered afterwords? penetrate this world is full of dweebs.
    WTF does cheering have to do with being a dweeb? You've never cheered for anything before? What do you cheer for? Some fukkking nut shooting up a bunch of school kids maybe? What a stupid post.

Anybody trying to make this movie about color is stupid. Just like Kermit said, most people didn't give a shit that Blade was black. The first 20 minutes of Blade might be some of the best action in any movie.

Some people are so fukkking brainwashed that all they can see is color instead of enjoying the show.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i highly doubt everyone cheered if they were white... in milwaukee the blacks make all the noise at movie theaters, i only go during the day now after having screaming babies through "it" and star wars
    So because of your experience in Milwaukee, you interpolate that it must be the same everywhere else? This was Houston, so I was very surprised that there were maybe only 2 or 3 black or Hispanic people in the entire theater. Houston is very diverse but not at this showing. There was a pretty large group that brought cupcakes that they gave out to everyone as well. I've never seen that happen in a movie theater before.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    WTF does cheering have to do with being a dweeb? You've never cheered for anything before? What do you cheer for? Some fukkking nut shooting up a bunch of school kids maybe? What a stupid post.

Anybody trying to make this movie about color is stupid. Just like Kermit said, most people didn't give a shit that Blade was black. The first 20 minutes of Blade might be some of the best action in any movie.

Some people are so fukkking brainwashed that all they can see is color instead of enjoying the show.
    Dude if ur at a movie theater about some comic book and u stand up and cheer ur a fkin nerd case closed!!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Dude if ur at a movie theater about some comic book and u stand up and cheer ur a fkin nerd case closed!!
    could also be a guy who is a .... uh, well, to avoid being banned from sbr, uh, I'll leave it at.... "alternative lifestyle preferring individual"
    Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave Auto Donk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bigtymer56

Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave bigtymer56 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

saw these guys cheering at iron man movie, when stark stripped down to his skivvies....

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Sorry, I'll stick with the first and best black superhero - Shaft.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    eat

a

dikk
    I am debating with a guy who is proud to have won a poster of the month award LMFAO. What a douche bag

Mac4Lyfe

Oh dear. You called me a nerd. Wow, I'm so upset now, I need to go find my safe place.

I stopped worrying what people thought of me many years ago. I live my life and have fun doing it. You seem to have a stick up your butt. You must be a hoot with the ladies.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I thought the movie was OK. I've seen all the other Marvel movies, thanks to the wife, and the hype for Black Panthers was a bit much. It had a lot of slow spots which is annoying since the movie is two hours and 14 mixtures.

Anyway, everyone clapped afterwords too.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

And I don't understand why people clap for movies. If you're seeing a play or something, sure, because there are actual humans you are clapping for. But doing that for a screen?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

So because of your experience in Milwaukee, you interpolate that it must be the same everywhere else? This was Houston, so I was very surprised that there were maybe only 2 or 3 black or Hispanic people in the entire theater. Houston is very diverse but not at this showing. There was a pretty large group that brought cupcakes that they gave out to everyone as well. I've never seen that happen in a movie theater before.
    you don't have to be so defensive

because of your experience with the handful of people around you cheering, you assume it must be the same with every person in the theater? in the dark you could see everyone cheering and hear 300 independent voices OK

i guess black people only talk and scream at horror movies in milwaukee, everywhere else they are totally quiet

Thor4140

I wouldn’t go this far but i have no clue why grown men go to these superhero movies. How many Batman or Spider-Man movies can u see? I never went to one of these fuken things and never will.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    And I don't understand why people clap for movies. If you're seeing a play or something, sure, because there are actual humans you are clapping for. But doing that for a screen?
    Gummo or anybody whoelse who saw...are the villian(s) actually interesting?

My only problem with the Marvel movies is most of the villians are generic.

bigtymer56

because of your experience with the handful of people around you cheering, you assume it must be the same with every person in the theater? in the dark you could see everyone cheering and hear 300 independent voices OK

i guess black people only talk and scream at horror movies in milwaukee, everywhere else they are totally quiet
    Lmao horror movies with black audiences are the best.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I thought the movie was OK. I've seen all the other Marvel movies, thanks to the wife, and the hype for Black Panthers was a bit much. It had a lot of slow spots which is annoying since the movie is two hours and 14 mixtures.

Anyway, everyone clapped afterwords too.
    I was a bit surprised people were clapping but hell, I joined in as well. My wife and kids loved it. My son is very laid back but he was all smiles and cheesing at the end. Most people just sat in their seats as the credits rolled, not wanting to leave. The last scene after the credits was hokie as fuk but it definitely made me want to see the Infinity War. I can't wait for May.

I agree Panther was slow in spots but I actually liked that as I was able to take in the scenery and try to understand the plot some. Instead of a 2 hour explosion fest. I can see where some might get a bit bored during some down time but I enjoyed the pace. Of course it was hyped as is all Marvel movies. It lived up to my expectations and I didn't feel like I got ripped off afterwards like some movies.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm not defensive at all. Who and what would I be defending?

FYI, that theater holds about 100 people, which I could see most people from my vantage point and yes, I saw the majority of them clapping. Only a few were actually cheering aloud but most everyone was clapping. Gummo just told you above that in the theater he was in EVERYONE was clapping as well. That does not mean that he checked everyone's hands to make sure they were actually clapping. He was merely stating that the majority of people enjoyed the movie. Only a handful of people got up when the credits rolled and they ALL stayed in the aisle until the end. I'm sure that theater will be different than other theaters. I'm just giving an account of the theater I was at. I don't know where you got off on a tangent about black people in Milwaukee??? Does it matter what color they were?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lmao horror movies with black audiences are the best.
    I've been to Magic Johnson theaters off Crenshaw a few times many years ago and it was crazy. Good spot to watch a horror or comedy movie but forget about any other movie. You'll never hear the dialog unless it's subtitled...

but the worst was when I took a date to a movie that was predominantly Hispanic (I can't remember if it was Torrence, Downey, or Glendale but it was near a big mall). Talk about loud and overall chitter chatter. There was a family sitting in front of us with about 8 kids. They brought food in and all I could smell was tamales, beef enchilada's, etc. I don't think I heard one thing in that movie.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Every movie but the godfather 1 and 2 is gay.

Nobody takes opinions from people that live in California seriously, unless they're poor or live in nyc.

Joke state. Joke state of mind.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Seeing a lot of argument over Blade vs Black Panther on Facebook.

Why does 1998's Blade not count as the the first black Marvel superhero? It's almost like Liberals want to omit this movie from history for some reason like it never existed. Not only was Blade the first black superhero movie, but Blade was also the first REAL Marvel movie.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Swing and a miss.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

key question, did the black panther in the movie know which hand was the right one to raise up and make a fist with?
    Aussie in second gave those gloves.
    A couple of years ago, the two men returned to Australia, was the pallbearer at his funeral, in honor of the gloves given
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave darrell74 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

milwaukee mike

I'm not defensive at all. Who and what would I be defending?

FYI, that theater holds about 100 people, which I could see most people from my vantage point and yes, I saw the majority of them clapping. Only a few were actually cheering aloud but most everyone was clapping. Gummo just told you above that in the theater he was in EVERYONE was clapping as well. That does not mean that he checked everyone's hands to make sure they were actually clapping. He was merely stating that the majority of people enjoyed the movie. Only a handful of people got up when the credits rolled and they ALL stayed in the aisle until the end. I'm sure that theater will be different than other theaters. I'm just giving an account of the theater I was at. I don't know where you got off on a tangent about black people in Milwaukee??? Does it matter what color they were?
    doesn't matter what color they were but you mentioned it in post #10 so i went with it

in all seriousness i'm glad it was a fun time, my tangent was related to the pain of going to crowded movies here rather than fun... i have the moviepass but it's not even worth $0 to watch a movie with babies screaming or people talking

milwaukee mike

Seeing a lot of argument over Blade vs Black Panther on Facebook.

Why does 1998's Blade not count as the the first black Marvel superhero? It's almost like Liberals want to omit this movie from history for some reason like it never existed. Not only was Blade the first black superhero movie, but Blade was also the first REAL Marvel movie.
    better question is why are so many "critically acclaimed" movies full of interracial relationships or gay relationships

total agenda pushing, and i've almost never seen a bad review of a movie with gay love even though it's disgusting to watch men fondle each other (women on the other hand...)

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Originally Posted by Auto Donk

key question, did the black panther in the movie know which hand was the right one to raise up and make a fist with?

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Aussie in second gave those gloves.

A couple of years ago, the two men returned to Australia, was the pallbearer at his funeral, in honor of the gloves given

~~~
    Not an issue of knowing right from left.
    There was only one-pair of gloves.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post

Nobody takes opinions from people that live in California seriously, unless they're poor or live in nyc.

Joke state. Joke state of mind.
    I think there are plenty individual exceptions considering some of the posters we have on here, but overall your post is pretty accurate, California is fuked up

dlowilly

Mac4lyfe I'm not asking this so I can insult you just curious and I think it is pertinent

Are you married to a black woman?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Mac4lyfe I'm not asking this so I can insult you just curious and I think it is pertinent

Are you married to a black woman?
    And if you are, can she dunk?

Mac4Lyfe

doesn't matter what color they were but you mentioned it in post #10 so i went with it

in all seriousness i'm glad it was a fun time, my tangent was related to the pain of going to crowded movies here rather than fun... i have the moviepass but it's not even worth $0 to watch a movie with babies screaming or people talking
    Okay, I get it now. Which is why I usually go to expensive movie theaters that tend to have a more mature crowd. Or I wait until the movie has been out a while, so that it's not very crowded.

dlowilly

I wonder what would happen if there were a movie about a superhero white guy in the South titled "Grand Wizard"

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

You know, back when Blade came out 20 years ago, I don't remember anyone complaining about him being a black Marvel superhero. I am still praying that Snipes does Blade 4 someday.
    You know what was good about Blade,they didn't focus on Snipes race through the film.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Cuddles has never been the same since he broke his neck, pretty sure it caused some irreversible brain damage around his brain stem

This type of damage leads to one being racist, illogical, unintelligent and simple minded

Clinically, he is a 100% match

Thor4140

better question is why are so many "critically acclaimed" movies full of interracial relationships or gay relationships

total agenda pushing, and i've almost never seen a bad review of a movie with gay love even though it's disgusting to watch men fondle each other (women on the other hand...)
    Then why the heck u watching that stuff. Where do you find movies like that?

First 1234 Last