Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Will there ever be a day when one of these gun nuts show up and saves the day? Heck even the tooth fairy shows up every three years or so.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29814

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    And the pro guns crowd defend gun rights. Nothing to see
    Same old song and dance.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7725

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    He must show justification and apply for a permit for an automatic weapon. That doesn't mean they banned all guns, and they still have 200,000 people with automatic weapons in the home and the Swiss don't have the violence we have. Our problem is culture.
    How many blacks live in Switzerland?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

How many blacks live in Switzerland?
    Shitloads. They have a 25% foreign population and lots of Africans.

Why?

How many blacks have shot up schools?
    Points Awarded:

semibluff gave Optional 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

Yjacket22``
    Yjacket22``'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2295

Drugs Are Illegal In USA Guns Next??

Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, and the like are illegal in the USA....that's why USA is drug free. Let's make guns illegal then there won't be any more guns right??

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Shitloads. They have a 25% foreign population and lots of Africans.

Why?

How many blacks have shot up schools?
    I've lived in 5 of the countries on that list and they all had many Africans. The difference is I think that they were immigrants - either first or second generation - directly from Africa. The same ones who don't seem to get that much press in Europe are running rampant in Australia, especially in the city I live with gang stuff, violent home invasions, etc. I really am starting to strongly believe it's a product of what you're surrounded by as you grow up and the majority of it is determined in your formative years. Yes a few of these violent people are just batshit crazy and are fukked from the second they're born but the majority become messed up for some reason. An African in Europe doesn't equate to an African in the US doesn't equate to an African in Australia. In my opinion at least! Same as any other race

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Guns kill we all know that

Ban at least all high powered guns and rifles

Too easy to get guns and it is out of control

How many times does this happen in UK???

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Granted Australia is obviously 1/10th the size of the US but I'm not sure why there isn't even a debate about a ban on those guns and an amnesty considered for those people who turn them in. We just had another amnesty last year and 26,000 guns were turned in merely between July and September. It's not like these people are going to go out to get another machine gun or whatever because there was no perk for them to turn the guns in in the first place. Most people are just inherently decent, law-abiding citizens and if you provide them with an intelligent rationale for why we don't need this trash on our streets then they're willing to go along with it. There will always be psychos and criminals who will get their hands on these guns no matter what but there's no need for such easy access to these high-powered killing machines. I don't know... it's just too much now.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

We just have to ban ar15 platform guns, plain n simple

All the excuses are nauseating

We get that there is a mental health component

Nina we get that your guns just lay there

We get that if there 1000 armed Navy Seals on the premise this wouldn’t have happened

We get that there is already mass proliferation of ar15 style rifles in America and it will take generations before we see the real benefits

But those are all red herrings

We have to at least try something different now and the most logical place to start is the weapon choice that everyone of these fukkers committing mass shootings are choosing, ar15’s with high capacity mags.

After that,, we can begin the debate about how to even identify and address mental health concerns

I just wish for one fukking second everyone claiming to be a real red blooded American would set their partisan bullshit aside. Deviate from your pre-rehearsed narrative and understand for once this is not a concession to liberals but it’s the best thing America and our youth

There is no place for partisanship in this debate, just common sense and compassion

Signed,
    Lifelong NRA member and owner of more than 20 guns, including multiple bushmaster and colt .223/.556/.300 rifles
    Last edited by The Kraken; 02-15-18 at 06:07 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm

redeye1
    redeye1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

most moronic statement ever!

redeye1

no guns=no killing
    most moronic statement ever! Put down the beer and back away

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by redeye1 View Post
    most moronic statement ever! Put down the beer and back away
    Agree but JJ is sharper than most here know

redeye1

2nd most moronic statement ever.....guns dont kill, people do. Who commits the majority of gun crimes? Look at our jails. Now how many of those types of people live in the so called safest countries? facts are facts

The Kraken

2nd most moronic statement ever.....guns dont kill, people do. Who commits the majority of gun crimes? Look at our jails. Now how many of those types of people live in the so called safest countries? facts are facts
    Now you’re off in strawman argument territory

First, we’re not discussing those in jail or who commits the most crimes. That’s a different discussion. We’re discussing the use of ar15’s in mass shootings.

The reality is ar’s were never intended for civilians to own, they were designed for soldiers. Now they’re being used to wage wars on innocent students across America

And stop with the elementary saying “guns don’t kill, people do”...

redeye1

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-...t-murder-rates

Here is something you all should look at, compliments of the United Nations

Maybe we should say all objects kill people? Try doing some research

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Why do these shooting not happen almost anywhere else on planet??

WHY USA????????????????

shari91

Look at the top countries on that list you linked. I'd put quite a bit of money on the fact that either the victim was known to the shooter and/or an illicit substance was involved. Also that list has nothing to do with mass shootings which is what we're obviously talking about. Driving by and killing someone because they didn't pay their drug debt is slightly different than a young adult walking into a school and mass shooting a bunch of innocent students. Come on now.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Why do these shooting not happen almost anywhere else on planet??

WHY USA????????????????
    Because we are a holes to each other and don't have respect one another also bad parenting
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

redeye1

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Look at the top countries on that list you linked. I'd put quite a bit of money on the fact that either the victim was known to the shooter and/or an illicit substance was involved. Also that list has nothing to do with mass shootings which is what we're obviously talking about. Driving by and killing someone because they didn't pay their drug debt is slightly different than a young adult walking into a school and mass shooting a bunch of innocent students. Come on now.
    well, for one you dont know, you are assuming. number2, mass shootings are done by mentally deficient people. I do believe automatic weapons should not be in the hands of the avg. Joe and gun shows should be shut down. A mass murderer can easily kill multiple people with knives and bombs and cars etc if no one has guns to protect themselves
    I have to go to work now but will gladly pick up this conversation when I get back. MAGA

The Kraken

You're intentionally veering off course because you know when it comes down to it, Colt marketed AR-15's to the military for military use by soldiers. That is why that gun was ever designed. It was never originally intended to be mass marketed for civilians. That only happened after the NRA bought the GOP and Colt decided money was more important than kids

You think objects kill, get 20 of your buddies and come over to my house tonight. You all have an object of your choice, I'll have my ar, and you'll all be dead in less than 20 seconds.

Please stop trying to take the discussion off course

The Kraken

well, for one you dont know, you are assuming. number2, mass shootings are done by mentally deficient people. I do believe automatic weapons should not be in the hands of the avg. Joe and gun shows should be shut down. A mass murderer can easily kill multiple people with knives and bombs and cars etc if no one has guns to protect themselves
    I have to go to work now but will gladly pick up this conversation when I get back. MAGA
    Bombs? Sure, we agree there.

But a knife? Let a kid walk into a school and start stabbing other people and see if he kills 17 people. Then let it happen 18 times in the matter of 45 days and lets see if other kids don't realize "hey, if a kid walks in and starts stabbing people, we should probably take him down and that will be infinitesimally easier than taking down someone with an AR"

You say you don't think AR's should be in the hands of the avg joe, we agree 100%. So why not just say that instead of playing devils advocate

I could kill you fishing line, but i couldn't go to a concert in Vegas and kill 50 people with fishing line.

You're comparing teslas to trikes

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29814

Do these anti-gunners want the government to confiscate our guns or face fines and prison like they did with gold in the 1930's?

What a joke.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    Do these anti-gunners want the government to confiscate our guns or face fines and prison like they did with gold in the 1930's?

What a joke.
    If they want to do it like Australia they will start out just asking nicely and paying people 2 or 3 times what the guns are worth.

2nd time they will pay a little less and warn them that charges will start to be laid on X date if guns found.

3rd time, pay a little less and up the fines and jail time more.

Clever advertising to get the broad community onboard and viola.

Law abiding citizens are not capable of withstanding the step by step pressure.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    He must show justification and apply for a permit for an automatic weapon. That doesn't mean they banned all guns, and they still have 200,000 people with automatic weapons in the home and the Swiss don't have the violence we have. Our problem is culture.
    who would you rather invade, a country where you know every household has an automatic weapon, or one where all the weapons have been confiscated by the government and the general population has no way to defend itself......

one of the first things hitler did was use the 'gun registration" laws to confiscate all weapons of potential opponents in germany itself.... to avoid any uprisings or chance of civil war....

sure, ban all guns in the us and require law abiding citizens to hand em over.....

expect those people we call "CRIMINALS" to do what they do -- NOT OBEY THE FUKKIN' LAW -- and keep theirs..... sounds like a great solution, dumbasses!!!!!

i can see it now, lines of gangbangers, mobsters, robbers, theives, etc., all lining up to hand over the tools of their trade.....

Auto Donk

If they want to do it like Australia they will start out just asking nicely and paying people 2 or 3 times what the guns are worth.

2nd time they will pay a little less and warn them that charges will start to be laid on X date if guns found.

3rd time, pay a little less and up the fines and jail time more.

Clever advertising to get the broad community onboard and viola.

Law abiding citizens are not capable of withstanding the step by step pressure.
    this shit would work in DonkLand.... I've got at least 15 high caliber weapons I haven't shot in 20-30 yrs, and have amassed old shotguns, .22's, a few deer rifles I'll never use, and if someone offered me even fmv i'd unload em, because I'll never use them (barring zombie appocolypes, nuclear war aftermath, or some shit like that)

tell u what Opti, I'll bring about 30-35 of em to the next bash in vegas, and hand em over to you up in our rooms at bellagio, then u can take em back with you to australia to cash in; we'll split the profits..... what could possibly go wrong????

wait.... on second thought...... never mind

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    who would you rather invade, a country where you know every household has an automatic weapon, or one where all the weapons have been confiscated by the government and the general population has no way to defend itself......

one of the first things hitler did was use the 'gun registration" laws to confiscate all weapons of potential opponents in germany itself.... to avoid any uprisings or chance of civil war....

sure, ban all guns in the us and require law abiding citizens to hand em over.....

expect those people we call "CRIMINALS" to do what they do -- NOT OBEY THE FUKKIN' LAW -- and keep theirs..... sounds like a great solution, dumbasses!!!!!

i can see it now, lines of gangbangers, mobsters, robbers, theives, etc., all lining up to hand over the tools of their trade.....
    This is where your argument fails though. Countries have already banned these weapons and they’re not having mass shootings let alone in bloody school and almost 20 in two months. The weapons that remain are being used for crims to take out other crims...which to be fair I don’t give a rat’s ass about. Let them pop each other but keep guns away from crazy ass people especially machine guns.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave shari91 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

local htown attorney issued a statement today to the ATF.....

"come and take em'"

he's waiting out front of his river oaks home now:

fuk, I need to get me a bradley or humvee, at least.....

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Yes. The U.S. is the same as 1940's Germany with Hitler.

So the reason to have a gun is to protect yourself. When was the last time you heard a story on the news that someone protected their family from intruders because they had a gun or anything close to it? It must happen all the time for it to be worth it.

Optional

this shit would work in DonkLand.... I've got at least 15 high caliber weapons I haven't shot in 20-30 yrs, and have amassed old shotguns, .22's, a few deer rifles I'll never use, and if someone offered me even fmv i'd unload em, because I'll never use them (barring zombie appocolypes, nuclear war aftermath, or some shit like that)

tell u what Opti, I'll bring about 30-35 of em to the next bash in vegas, and hand em over to you up in our rooms at bellagio, then u can take em back with you to australia to cash in; we'll split the profits..... what could possibly go wrong????

wait.... on second thought...... never mind
    Exactly the reaction here. My grandfather had a shed full of super old shotguns no one wanted to use anymore and bought himself the first brand new car he ever owned.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    This is where your argument fails though. Countries have already banned these weapons and they’re not having mass shootings let alone in bloody school and almost 20 in two months. The weapons that remain are being used for crims to take out other crims...which to be fair I don’t give a rat’s ass about. Let them pop each other but keep guns away from crazy ass people especially machine guns.
    the difference is those countries never had the amount of weaponry among its citizens that we've always had since way back when thhis country was founded..... think of guns like roaches; the us has a helluva roach problem, and we're never getting rid of all of em, and any effort to do so (which will never happen, by the way), would leave only the criminal element with access to them.....

guns are here to stay; tho I do see more whining about assault weapons (see my other thread for my thoughts on that nonsense)....

the key to curtail the carnage is stopping the sale and possession of clips/magazines that hold more than 8 rounds of any weapon larger than a .22 caliber

of course, ban bumpstocks/conversion kits that can turn semi autos into fully autos.....

and, it is highly illegal to own a fully auto in this country and has been for decades, unless you are federally licensed after having gone through the most strenuous back ground checks available, and having been granted a license to do so, which are extremely rare.....

a high school buddy of mine was granted one after like a two year background investigation of everything he'd ever done in his life; he's a competitive shooter......

Auto Donk

Exactly the reaction here. My grandfather had a shed full of super old shotguns no one wanted to use anymore and bought himself the first brand new car he ever owned.
    i'd love the program, but then would probably wind up shooting some mexican mafia members or local crackheads as they tried to steal my guns to sell the fukkers.....

a whole knew criminal market would pop up, as most guns have never been registered, particularly the older shit no one has shot in years.....

i found two shotguns in a closet last weekend I don't recall ever having seen before, and one under a bed I thought a family member had.....

goddam i've got more guns than I know what to do with.....

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

We need some restrictions on weapons of war.
    It was ok for many years because we had a moral majority then
    and people were under much less strain. Now, we have no morality
    and the children get screwed up - young adults unhappy and confused
    by this society. Notice it didn't happen in 40s-90s until Columbine and
    why ? - because Americans allowed immorality and relativism to permeate.

At that point, it's just a matter of statistics - this will continue to happen
    by the law of percentages. Passing gun laws won't even stop it because
    they can poison people at supermarkets. Sow evil reap the evil !
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Snowball 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

and, I don't consider any of them my home/self protection..... that is a 36" easton aluminum softball bat under my side of the bed......

and, don't own a handgun

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

when people bring guns to my golf course

I say THANKS

Auto Donk

damn, snowy's got me worried..... I better order a couple of rpg's and surface to air missiles today!!!!

i'd love to install one of these bad boys behind the Donk Land Pool House:

noise complaints would drop off to a minimum for sure....

First 123 Last