KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Added the UNDER 4.5 LIVE in NHL, paid -190.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Hockey - 50 Calgary Flames vs Colorado Avalanche under 6 -105 for Game
    12597520 - Baseball - Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros / Game / Winner (2 way) / Oakland Athletics -169
    12597704 - Baseball - Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros / Game / Winner (2 way) / Oakland Athletics -155
    12597744 - Hockey - Colorado Avalanche vs Calgary Flames / Match (Including OT) / Total / Under 6.5 -223
    12599411 - Baseball - Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros / Game / Winner (2 way) / Oakland Athletics -194

Uhhh, yea, so we're looking for Oakland and the NHL UNDER tonight.

Forecat is dildoing around here.

Well, at least this worked out well.

I suppose the Forecat is finished with the training, time to up its game...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

True, all that weight makes him struggle to even breathe...

Crazy.

He can work it off though and become healthy again, right?

Oh wait... I forgot.

They have other plans.

Well, we will see what happens.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh, bro, did we really just go there?

The dark web isn't always dark...

Last edited by KVB; 04-18-19 at 12:42 AM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    ...They have other plans.

Well, we will see what happens.
    Eventually, there's no more room, so they just have to rest the tummy somewhere....

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok, let's get back on track here.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

DiggityDaggityDo

DiggityDaggityDo

KVB, I have about 15 bets pending for tomorrow.

What do you think might happen???

I hope I go TITS on the books, man.

DiggityDaggityDo

Would be BEAST mode.

NomSayin?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn, I only have the UNDER 212 (-110) for the Denver/SA game tomorrow.

Only play so far.

But I say go TITS on the books, if not at least go TITS in the mouth...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I think she's trying to tell us to get under our desks or door frame because there's an earthquake.

I think...

DiggityDaggityDo

KVB...

DiggityDaggityDo

I think she's trying to tell us to get under our desks or door frame because there's an earthquake.

I think...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Picked up the NYM for the early game...

Prepare for turbulence...

Here we go, can the Marlins help us here?

Dark times indeed.

Been working on some metrics that allow us to stack another performance percentage with the market. It's a layer that actually takes a way from raw resolutions by determining which type of market we are in both short and long term. The data is unique and there is a ton so there is much to work with. I considered a video type series to explain some of this but preparing for turbulence and dark times were a part of that.

I've mentioned before that we were hoping to grab what units we could as it was beginning, over this week, to become apparent that we might see a market downturn with high volatility.

-6 units in one day sure seems to fit that bill.

Once we get a solid month of data here, and the complexion of the market gets a little sharper and more defined, I look to apply this metric perhaps with a rating system.

Basically, I always say do your own work and then compare any plays you have to he Fund. It might take you on or pull you off one you weren't sure about. Look at the Fund plays, they might give ideas. The plays track the market well and, although volatile, overall end up ahead of the game in line with expectations.

Using a rating system to determine the type of market we're in may not be predictive, but it might give us some insight into what we are facing. It's good to have a roadmap so that when the bullets start flying, we aren't lost.

This is tricky business, capping the markets, and I'm not even sure where all this will go. Again it's tough to resolve a predictive type market rating buy itself, it may give some insight into whether or not to go over or under weight at certain times. This will lead to jiggling bet sizes, and because of that could cost money, but perhaps we can overcome that cost with precision.

In terms of insight, we certainly had some with the metrics this week. One trick now, after determining a direction, will be to try to determine whether we're more likely to see the volatility and sharp move or a slower, more drag out, type of market.

I'm going to read this tomorrow, and see if I can expand.

Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave KVB 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I've done well live and reacting, like tonight to the markets recently, money mgt. aside, and not only were there signs of a contrarian market drop, but notice I've also been bitching about the Marlins.

They could be a problem for a while or, hopefully, the base forecasts will start weeding them out as a bad team. One issue can be that as the become weeded out as a bad team, the tend to get tastier in odds at the same time, the market moves with the stats and we still get triggered higher odds.

This is the Balty problem of last year, to some extent, and I fear it could be an issue for a while. The Fund itself will overcome because the overall market will, but it's still a biatch to work with, not sure what to do about it.

DiggityDaggityDo

Been working on some metrics that allow us to stack another performance percentage with the market. It's a layer that actually takes a way from raw resolutions by determining which type of market we are in both short and long term. The data is unique and there is a ton so there is much to work with. I considered a video type series to explain some of this but preparing for turbulence and dark times were a part of that.

I've mentioned before that we were hoping to grab what units we could as it was beginning, over this week, to become apparent that we might see a market downturn with high volatility.

Once we get a solid month of data here, and the complexion of the market gets a little sharper and more defined, I look to apply this metric perhaps with a rating system.

Basically, I always say do your own work and then compare any plays you have to he Fund. It might take you on or pull you off one you weren't sure about. Look at the Fund plays, they might give ideas. The plays track the market well and, although volatile, overall end up ahead of the game in line with expectations.

Using a rating system to determine the type of market we're in may not be predictive, but it might give us some insight into what we are facing. It's good to have a roadmap so that when the bullets start flying, we aren't lost.

This is tricky business, capping the markets, and I'm not even sure where all this will go. Again it's tough to resolve a predictive type market rating buy itself, it may give some insight into whether or not to go over or under weight at certain times. This will lead to jiggling bet sizes, and because of that could cost money, but perhaps we can overcome that cost with precision.

In terms of insight, we certainly had some with the metrics this week. One trick now, after determining a direction, will be to try to determine whether we're more likely to see the volatility and sharp move or a slower, more drag out, type of market.

I've done well live and reacting, like tonight to the markets recently, money mgt. aside, and not only were there signs of a contrarian market drop, but notice I've also been bitching about the Marlins.

They could be a problem for a while or, hopefully, the base forecasts will start weeding them out as a bad team. One issue can be that as the become weeded out as a bad team, the tend to get tastier in odds at the same time, the market moves with the stats and we still get triggered higher odds.

This is the Balty problem of last year, to some extent, and I fear it could be an issue for a while. The Fund itself will overcome because the overall market will, but it's still a biatch to work with, not sure what to do about it.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

yes KVB...and depending on which metric you use, that wouldn't necessarily facilitate a gravitational shift of the Earth's polarities...it's very important to keep in mind that the MLB contrarian fund and market shifts aren't exactly mutually exclusive...especially when one considers the stacking percentage in ratio to the percentage of protons, neutrons, and electrons that make up the composition of an atom...

Da Manster!

Cyclops was right!

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Some of you men are super human. Give lesser men an inferiority complex.

Fukkerz!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!, and KVB

Da Manster!

so I missed the final 3rd question on SBR trivia and then this lady pops up...

damn, I belched!...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

The KVB MLB Contrarian Fund is at it again....

951 18-Apr ARI +155

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post

damn, I belched!...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Don't worry DDD, you don't have to read it all at once and you can multi task...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Don't worry DDD, you don't have to read it all at once and you can multi task...

This is a very dedicated student.

I really respect that.

Da Manster!

^^^...I wonder if that scene ended up being nakadashi?...

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

damn, I belched!...
    wait, you belched? I am going upstairs to grab some lotion!

leaving no doubt, PittburghPlayer is a bit more fukked up than most

DiggityDaggityDo

damn, I belched!...

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Fuk, was supposed to put Toronto +1.5 in the Contrarian RL Fund and not only didn't post it, but didn't even get it bought.

I hope it's a loser. But either way, I really fukked up there. Not many plays in the Fund and it will be a winner. A fukk up for sure.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14416

damn, I belched!...
    She’s hot!!!

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

The KVB MLB Contrarian Fund picked up a Total...

966 18-Apr KC/NYY UNDER 9 (-110)

We just might see KC trigger here as well.

turtledoves
    turtledoves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

looking at phi/bkn over, sas ATS
    Last edited by turtledoves; 04-18-19 at 03:55 PM.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by turtledoves View Post
    looking at phi/bkn over, den ATS
    Man that Total is tough. I have it at 231 and just can't get a good read after it steamed up to 229.

Denver spread is another tough one. I have SA winning by 6 but Denver has a decent contrarian look to it, making an adjustment that puts us at the 4 or 4.5 line.

It's like they knew.

These games feel like gambles from my standpoint, but there are so many ways to cap so I dunno.

Points Awarded:

turtledoves gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turtledoves
    turtledoves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4603

one forecast has bkn at a 253 and spurs by 10. a forecast that consistently fails can be profitable, but is it really consistently failing? hoping it will even out and the over comes in. maybe I'm just overfitting and analyzing noise

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Seriously though, I am working on methods that can fail reliably.

It actually might be a good approach but managing the money is tougher. Fukkin vig.

What about the Denver ML?

Nice price here, maybe.

First ... 2280228122822283228422852286 ... Last