ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Bryn Kenney accused on many instances of cheating

https://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/w...eating_122379/

Bottom line:
    *You can't play Online poker if you feel there's ANY chance of Collusion.

If card information is really pooled...forget about it. Anything approaching super-user status makes Online poker impossible to beat.

ChuckyTheGoat

Doug Polk

@DougPolkVids

BREAKING**** Bryn Kenny has threatened me with legal action by his attorneys if misinformation is spread and it negatively effects him.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16957

Thanks for the thread Goat. Been seeing this on twitter all day.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Thanks for the thread Goat. Been seeing this on twitter all day.
    Thanks, Frank. My take is that there has to be substance. Polk wouldn't stick his nose in, if he was opening himself up to lawsuit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

What a complete poo show.

Never play online poker

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Man, why did it have to be the guy at the TOP of the all-time live tournament winnings list? Even if all the cheating happened online, it's another black eye for poker as a whole. And so many weird little details in the story... all the cult-like shit... guy must have believed he was a God

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13779

"I heard you had Taco Bell for lunch today. Don't reg anything above $300 today" is one of my favorite parts about this.

At the end of the day- online is still very, very beatable. RTA is not affecting anybody that plays on small sites/club type environments and is really only being used at High stakes. RTA, while it means "Real-Time" is not actually that quick. You'd notice if a player is constantly time banking or playing super slow. The best way to combat RTA is to simply make high stakes games without a time bank. Or only allow players 1 or 2 time bank activations and 60 seconds per hour. Something like that. Of course, when playing for tens, or hundreds of thousands of dollars in a hand having no time bank hurts. But with that said- it'd be an equal playing field. All players would have to play quicker.

Small/micro stakes are flooded with bots. The bots used to be pretty bad and easy to exploit. Now? They play quite well and are capable of beating games up to 200NL and maybe even beyond. While the games can still be beat on the bigger sites even with bots, MA, and other stuff. The winrates make it not worth it. On sites like ACR. Bots from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and several other areas are just rampant now. In small stake MTTs they basically play all day long. The issue ACR/WPN as well as other networks have is that they keep small balances. So if you ban them and confiscate funds- they may have $500 in the balance. Then they will just make new accounts somehow and be right back again tomorrow.

Legal/Regulated sites like WSOP in NJ/NV/MI/PA/DE actually make it a felony to use a HUD. That's just stats. Not RTA. If they catch you, your account is closed and you could face federal/state charges. With sites like GG or Pokerstars (ROW) there is no legal trouble. It's also hard for them prove what you're doing. There is talk that GG can actually SEE your screen. Not just see what programs you're running, but actually look at your screen(s) in real time. Maybe there is a way to use RTA with a dual-PC setup, but I'm not sure if it can data scrape from a secondary PC. If so, RTA will never go away. Never. Ever.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I also read that Alex Foxen accused Ali Imsirovic of cheating...

https://www.cardschat.com/news/alex-...eating-109523/

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I also read that Alex Foxen accused Ali Imsirovic of cheating...

https://www.cardschat.com/news/alex-...eating-109523/
    Foxen claims Jake Schindler is cheating as well.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave JAKEPEAVY21 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13779

The thing is. Foxen, as well as MOST of these High Stake pros have a questionable past. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying".
    You could say him and his wife cheated when 3 handed in the tourney they were in last year or the year before. She made a questionable fold and it certainly looked like soft-playing. Foxen also multi-accounted before online.

I can name a bunch of names of people who have a questionable track-record. The other thing is- these guys work in groups. They ALL swap action and hope to just destroy the Recs/Whales that are playing. I forget which poker tour it was, maybe Triton? Where you only were able to play if a rec player invited you. This meant that the field was half pros, half recreationals. I think going forward PokerGo tourneys and other Super High Rollers will struggle without a format like that. But you still have guys all swapping action and chopping up all the money. Guys may win a tourney for $2m and really only $400k of that goes to them.

Also- It's funny how everyone wants to talk about Ali. It's not like he's using RTA in live poker. Yes, he's banned from Global and GG and maybe some other sites, too. But they want him banned from the live circuit because he's winning all the damn money. Of course they want him gone. The best player in the field will then be gone. Makes a big difference in these 20,30,50 player fields.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Foxen claims Jake Schindler is cheating as well.

Yes, Schindler is on the LIST.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26359

Online is definitely shady to some extent. I would never play for a lot online. The occasional spin and go type games are cool though.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Online is definitely shady to some extent. I would never play for a lot online. The occasional spin and go type games are cool though.
    I can think of three ways where the average player is at a deficit:

1) RTA = Real Time Assistance. This gets referenced more in the (lengthy) podcasts. It's a form of Artificial Intelligence. The RTA is recording player actions on the table. In short order, the RTA will profile all opponents. Simulations ran instantaneously, optimal play is spit out. This is more than the human mind can process.

2) Shared Info. If one had access to even ONE other player's cards at the table, it would be an advantage. In a 52-card deck, it's a game of displacement. Best example I can think of is playing a small pocket pair like 33. It can be a tricky hand to play if you're hoping to hit your gin card (another 3). It's a very easy hand to discard if you know your buddy is holding 3x and killing half your outs.

3) Horses. The "horse" phrase was used a lot in reference to Bryn Kenney. I think this is more important on tournaments where the payouts are highly leveraged. IE, big money for top finishes but small payouts for MIN-cash. Imagine being a solo player who is playing against a guy with four horses. Chip-dumping could stack a guy up to 5x his original chip count. Said player would become much less vulnerable and be very likely to go deep in the tournament.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Online poker broken.

if you know you are not one of the cheaters, then you know you are one of the suckers.

Boycott it and let the sharks eat each other.

Regulators should ban it fully and chase the operators out of the country.

WSOP should be slammed for teaming up with GGpoker too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat