Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The proper way to play AA or KK on SBR.....

This guy clearly played my ID on SBR for the past six months....... and has learned his lesson on being dealt AA.....

Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-13-16 at 09:44 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Dan Kelly gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Thanks for this. I have lost with KK prob 6x in the last 5 weeks. Now when I get it, I just start laughing.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

amazing smart guy

Auto Donk

ida popped it by the amount on the table (blinds and two prior bets) by 3x (repping kings or aces), and if laak didn't fold, woulda lost my ass.....

that's poker

only time I'm folding AA is on the bubble at the main event if some huge stack that has me covered by a bunch shoves all in on me.... even tho I know I'm way ahead, why risk $20,000 profit on one hand that can certainly be outflopped.....

Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Stupid imo. A big re raise gets both of those hands folded. When you hit a set maybe 12% of the time and 95% of the time, the flop will be all overs to 44 & 66. He was folding to the money or whatever and scared he would get out played, and in that case just shove it all in and pick up a few extra blinds. You dont get many spots like that to often with the goods, and especially with williams a maniac who can have A2C and lock who is such a tight nit he would fold JJ and QQ there a lot.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

How is he smart for folding? Ive layed down AA and KK preflop before but it was always with 4 or 5 having called big raises preflop, not in this case with only 2 guys.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Good stuff

BoL

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

You have the clip some context. IICR he was an amateur (math teacher?) in the game where pokerstars staked you 100k and you took home what you won above the 100k if you won at all. So 48k was enough to him to play sub-optimally or get it in as a 4-1 favorite PF over any other hand. In some tournaments/sng's like 50-50's it's often right to fold AA/KK outright depending on the payout structure.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

I can honestly say Ive never dropped AA but understanding the logistics of that tourney and what he gets to keep I can kind of understand it..........

Donker you'd really drop AA under the situation you mentioned? That be a tough one

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Lol Phil Laak is so bad.

The amateur was free rolling with poker stars money so it's 100% wrong to tighten up and not pound your edges. He acted like he was playing with the mortgage payment and got scared.

spider
    spider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46953

the proper way to play AA or KK on SBR :

you have to see who else is in the hand, if a newbie is in the pot ,then you fold immediately, he's going to beat you no matter what.
    if for example Donk (sorry Donk) is in the hand then you will river him no matter what.

so the 1st rule is that you have to stay away from all newbies and to call all the doomswitched.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    I can honestly say Ive never dropped AA but understanding the logistics of that tourney and what he gets to keep I can kind of understand it..........

Donker you'd really drop AA under the situation you mentioned? That be a tough one
    not only would I do it (out stacked by the raiser who put me all in) on the bubble at the m.e. wsop (where cashing takes your ten k buyin and pays you between 28-29k usually -- an 18-19k profit), but every year at the bubble they show a few players who do just that on espn's coverage, just not to risk it.

the guy could tell me had 72 and, particularly if i was running even half as bad as I do on sbr, I would lay it down.... (this assumes of course I wouldn't be put all in in the next round or two, when the bubble would probably burst)....

by comparison, some dillhole called my shove on the bubble in a 1,500 bracelet event the last few hands of day 1, i had kk, he had qq....

turn:.... Q..... out on the bubble instead of at least doubling my money.... and I had plenty of chips to coast into the money, but wasn't happy doing only that in that particular event.... wanted to run much deeper thus my shove after he minraised and mizeracki's little brother called...... I let it fly, and hit the f'n rail when he hit his two outer..... (an everyday occurrence at sbr, rarely ever happens to me live, but it did that day and cost me a nice wsop cash). And we were two mid-sized about avg stacks; neither of us were in jeopardy... he had me covered by only 1500 or so chips (small amount, obviously)
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-13-16 at 03:43 PM.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Didn't know you went to sbMCA* donker, I'm suprised... Unless 7k is life changing money push the edge!

*small b MinCashing Academy

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Didn't know you went to sbMCA* donker, I'm suprised... Unless 7k is life changing money push the edge!

*small b MinCashing Academy
    Pussywaves has no life outside of SBR Poker it must really be a sad state of affairs for him seeing him get owned this contest and this whole year so far!

Auto Donk

if i've spent 4 days at the f'n rio, and am on the bubble, i'm layin that shit down to make 18-19k, not 7k.....

as you saw, when it was a 5-6k decision, i unloaded with kk for my trny life in the amazon room at the rio.....

7k, i don't lay down aces..... 18-19k after 4-5 days work, i'm laying it down.... once bubble bursts, more cards will come my way

they may have changed structure last year, if i recall, min cash didn't seem as large as prior years..... when i last played at wsop, mincash in the main was in mid-high 20's....

edit: after laffin' about my wsop experience with my wife over a bottle of wine out by the pool, and thinking back, min cash may have been 19k or so when i last paid; my thnkin' on bubbling it would be a 29k swing.... ie, get donked, ur out the 10k buyin plus the min cash of around 19k (for a 29k swing).... still would've laid it down.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-13-16 at 06:37 PM.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

how is a 19k min cash ever a 29k swing?

i know im a little slow when it comes to math

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

saw this post earlier and it came to mind when i got KK. made a 3 times raise and of course Biteme shoves over the top of me.

remembering this post, i thought of folding but knew i couldn't since i was pot committed. so i call.

biteme shows QQ and the flop comes down all small cards...turn is small also. of course, the river kicks me straight in the nuts with the 2 outer.

so yes....donk's assessment is correct. lay down these SH!TTY hands.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    how is a 19k min cash ever a 29k swing?

i know im a little slow when it comes to math
    let me explain it for u....

you got ten k in your pocket.... u buy in for that ten k.... u bust out on the bubble when some euro nerd like sniper who's got u covered with a huge stack pushes with 89 to steal some blinds as he knows everyone's getting tight as shit around the bubble, and you call with aces.... he rivers a straight... your busto and now out ten grand, ie, ur -10k

now, instead of gettin your aa cracked on the bubble, you fold and wind up min cashing for 19k..... instead of being ten k down, ur sittin there with 19k.....

that called a 29k swing..........
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-14-16 at 12:20 AM.

Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Its Fn poker and no matter what %age ahead you are when it goes in there is always a %age you can lose. It happens and we all have been on both sides of the coin. 3 tournaments in a row i bubbled being a favorite, i got my chips in ahead and in the long run it benefits me. Dont be results oriented, be decision oriented and next time against them remember they callled off their stack 80/20 dog.

I take bad beats and give them. When i get knocked out i say gg, there is always another game.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    let me explain it for u....

you got ten k in your pocket.... u buy in for that ten k.... u bust out on the bubble when some euro nerd like sniper who's got u covered with a huge stack pushes with 89 to steal some blinds as he knows everyone's getting tight as shit around the bubble, and you call with aces.... he rivers a straight... your busto and now out ten grand, ie, ur -10k

now, instead of gettin your aa cracked on the bubble, you fold and wind up min cashing for 19k..... instead of being ten k down, ur sittin there with 19k.....

that called a 29k swing..........
    lol

you are either up 9k or down 10k

its a 19k swing

jfc

you must win millions with your poker record keeping

Auto Donk

lol... bankroll accounting, sure.... duh

but at that moment, when ur faced with the question of whether to fold those aces, it's a 29k decision -- youre going to be either out ten k, or possessing 19k.....

sure, only 9k is accounting profit (or an accounting loss of 10k if you get donked)... but the difference between having a -10k hole in ur pocket and walking out of the rio with 19k is indeed 29k
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-14-16 at 09:31 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1695

a guy folded kings preflop in a live tourney to me after a 3x preflop raise from me he said he thought i had aces either he was a fish or just retarted i had nothing lol

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    a guy folded kings preflop in a live tourney to me after a 3x preflop raise from me he said he thought i had aces either he was a fish or just retarted i had nothing lol
    My guess is he was a retarded fish.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29672

Nice find, Donker.
    I once folded pocket aces pre-flop in a satellite tourney back in the poker boom days on FT.
    Would have been KO'd by a flush hit by a player holding pocket kings.
    Two or three hands later the tourney was over and I cashed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think I've folded aces pre flop maybe 3 times in my life. A few times in a satellite where I was golden and once on a final table with 4 players all in

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Played 1 hand last night, after missing the first 30 minutes.. That hand was AA. Lost to 98 after a preflop call of a raise then calling a pot sized bet with a gut shot that came on the turn.

The last hand I played on Tuesday I had KK and it won. Then the software crashed and the tournament was thrown out. Obviously, KK holding up was too much for the software to handle and it offed itself.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Astro stop crying about the dam software crashing

Astro 3rd place in todays 3pm.....after SBR finally decides to update all the cashes from the last 2 days that should put me at about 3785

astro61200

Astro stop crying about the dam software crashing
    Says the guy who got 600 points on Tuesday..

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    Says the guy who got 600 points on Tuesday..

won my tourney fair and square brother

astro61200

won my tourney fair and square brother
    Ok, now imagine they take those 600 points away and tell you that you have to play on Saturday instead; yet they don't tell you if it's going to be open to anyone or if it will require a password, either way you're starting with an even stack

astro61200

That said, it was also just a joke.. I know bitching about it isn't going to do any good as SBR avoids the poker forum like the plague

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Oh dear! Why even sit at that table if you fold pocket AA?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    This guy clearly played my ID on SBR for the past six months....... and has learned his lesson on being dealt AA.....

Guy should have pushed his 100k and showed the table his aces before they acted.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Guy should have pushed his 100k and showed the table his aces before they acted.
    He can't do that

C'mon, TC