ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

Is Gus Hansen The Worst Online Poker Player ever?

Is Gus Hansen The Worst Online Poker Player ever?

Gus Hansen is one of the most recognizable names in the professional poker world. He is known for his incredible live tournament success, his amazing talent for intimidating opponents and is easily identified by his hair; or lack thereof. The Great Dane of poker is truly a phenomenon among career poker players, but if that’s true, why is he so terrible at online poker cash games?

It’s true. If you go over Gus Hansen’s online poker cash game statistics since 2007, he has lost an inconceivable $7.7 million! Even worse than that astonishing reality alone is the fact that Hansen has lost more money in online poker cash games in the last three years than he has won in live poker tournaments over the course of his entire professional poker career.

Since 2002, Gus Hansen has raked in a total of $7.2 million in live tournament cashes, including his $1.3 million win as the ultimate victor of the 2007 Aussie Millions Championship. Gus Hansen’s tournament career is, in fact, the most impressive of all but 22 other pro poker players in the history of tournament play, which began in the early 1970’s.

So how is it that such an impressive poker player could be so bad at online poker cash games? Just this year, Hansen has dropped about $800k at the tables. One might begin to speculate as to whether Gus Hansen is going broke playing online poker, but that’s doubtful.

More than likely, Gus Hansen’s live cash play has more than made up for his online poker losses.( Note added by Scott Matusow = BULLSHIT, GUS SUCKS LIVE AS WELL!!) The most logical answer is that Gus Hansen is extremely adept at winning live poker games, where he can intimidate his opponents face to face with unbridled aggression. Online poker doesn’t give players the same versatility as live poker games when it comes to reading your opponents and using fake poker tells to draw them into a trap.

Gus Hansen’s online poker losses are recorded and publically displayed for anyone to see, but live cash games go unobserved. Even if Hansen has lost near $8 million at online poker cash tables, there’s no telling how many millions he may have scooped in that same amount of time playing in Vegas. What we do know is that high stakes cash game grinders may see an excellent opportunity in playing across the virtual felt from Full Tilt Pro Gus Hansen.

source:rounders radio

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Dude's an elite degen. I've heard stories of him sitting at an airport betting with someone which pigeon would fly off a wire first.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Anyone remember when Gus would show his view on webcam while playing the super high tables on Tilt?

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

And no, Guy Laliberte is by far the worst onlline poker player ever.

I think he lost close to 50 millions dollars in one year alone.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

according to highstakesdb, gus is only down 130k or so lifetime.

ttwarrior1

lol those sites are inaccurate and don't count items under private , special and a few others.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

misread the data. however, your article is from 2010 and gus made a big comeback. he was down 11 million, but won 7.5 of it back.

anyway, like gummo said, guy laliberte is easily the biggest loser.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i thought it was ttwarrior

ttwarrior1

i think its rickie65 at sbr , calls all in pre with queen ten vs my ak and thinks it was a good call after 2 tens hit

lando
    lando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I totally agree it's so hard for me to truly believe just how accurate those sites are

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Best was when he bet a million on Nadal to win the French Open and of course he lost for the first time.....

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

didnt gus win millions last year and was #1 online winner?

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

gus hansen is a good player

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

uhhh no pretty sure gus is one of the all time money leaders online

800k swing is normal for these guys playing 200/400, even though games have died almost to extinction

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

no just plays guys who are better than him

snoopy09
    snoopy09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aggressive poker is winning poker, and he has it in spades (no pun) live. Online cash is a gamble most of the hands of the hands I have seen heads up.