KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I don't get why people don't have Matchbook accounts

Watching us wannabe Stanford bettors put up huge offers for VTech and not get filled is sickening. Meanwhile, Pinny line just moved from VTech +3.5 -104 to +3.5 -105. Who the **** is moving the Pinny line at +3.5 -104 when they can bet tens of thousands at better odds on MB?

Get a ******* MB account.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

its not that people don't have the accounts its that it is sooooo hard to get money on the site now.

KGambler

They accept bank transfers. What better way is there to move large sums of money (outside of book to book xfers)?

And for smaller bettors, they accept E c h e c k deposits. It's time consuming, but not at all hard to deposit there right now.

But about 15K of offers of VT +3.5 from +103 to +100 just got wiped out on one shot.

About an hour ago there was $99,999 showing for both -101 and -102, but I think they temporarily gave up as a bunch of 6K offers jumped in front of them. And that was when Pinny had -110! 5Dimes was -103 at the time, but you have to do that reduced juice betting 500 at a time.

Edit: funny, when I write "E c h e c k" it gets automatically changed to "***************" and then reads "*************** deposits"

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I owe them fuk them will pay back if I make it

Domer
    have a blessed day
    Domer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 146

this question occurs to me all the time, and the simple answer is that most gamblers are complete and total morons

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Unless your trying to complete a rollover for a bonus at another site - Matchbook is the place to be. I do a lot of book to book transfers to fund there

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

they should explain better how it works...many people including me still don't know how that site is working...I'm sure is not hard but they are lacking in explaining how it works step by step

maybe somebody here should make a 2 minutes video explaining what's the deal...instead making videos about tasting chocolate, beer or other dump shiat.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

what books will they do book to book transfers? I wanted to get set up not too long ago but couldnt figure out how

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Costs a fortune to get money in there (you have to pay your own ** fees which basically every other book pays for you), then they take a chunk of whatevers left after ** takes its bite and turn it into "commission credits" so you had 500 to deposit and now your down 50 bucks just off of "depositing fees" that you wouldnt have had anywhere else (hell youd prolly have gotten a deposit bonus at any other book) then they have almost no liquidity, offer no parlays, their live betting is deader than dead and of course they charge for withdrawals

Yea, matchbook is a great book

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Not much liquidity. If you bet more than a nickel, Matchbook isn't your #1 book.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Check out all the bets they have on nhl futures, nothing.

I doubt they have ********** or many deposit/withdrawal options.

I see a line of -103 on pinny for the tech game.

I don't know, maybe its good for live betting.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    what books will they do book to book transfers? I wanted to get set up not too long ago but couldnt figure out how
    I transfer from 5Dimes a lot. They also do Bookmaker and BetJamaica, maybe others

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Not much liquidity. If you bet more than a nickel, Matchbook isn't your #1 book.

For big games there is big liquidity. Want to bet 100K on a major bowl game at a line better than Pinny? No problem at all.

Same for NFL games.

For some sports, yeah, liquidity is garbage.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    I transfer from 5Dimes a lot. They also do Bookmaker and BetJamaica, maybe others
    thegreek as well. They transfer with many reputable books.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They lack volume on most sports

They lack quick deposits

They lack marketing skills

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post

It's worth in JUST for the halftimes.........

Yesterday, I got down more than 9,000 on a few halftimes.................that's a little more than a NICKEL as you suggest.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

one simple reason for me

they are tied to the hip of wsex

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    For big games there is big liquidity. Want to bet 100K on a major bowl game at a line better than Pinny? No problem at all.

Same for NFL games.

For some sports, yeah, liquidity is garbage.

Those that bash MB don't play there or they are nothing but rank amatuers in the offshore world.

SIMPLE FACT

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    one simple reason for me

they are tied to the hip of wsex

LOL

Bad reason not to play there, in fact, HORRIBLE reason.

ProfaneReality

what would be a good reason not to play there then?

if its so great, mine is probably the only justifiable reason

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    what would be a good reason not to play there then?

if its so great, mine is probably the only justifiable reason

There is no reason, EVERYONE on this forum should have money with MB.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Costs a fortune to get money in there (you have to pay your own ** fees which basically every other book pays for you), then they take a chunk of whatevers left after ** takes its bite and turn it into "commission credits" so you had 500 to deposit and now your down 50 bucks just off of "depositing fees" that you wouldnt have had anywhere else (hell youd prolly have gotten a deposit bonus at any other book) then they have almost no liquidity, offer no parlays, their live betting is deader than dead and of course they charge for withdrawals

Yea, matchbook is a great book
    I don't agree with any of this.

1. I don't know about the ** deposit policies of any books because I bet more than $50 a game. But I do know that they refund any deposit fees with commission credits. So in the end you get the money back. Don't use ** or ** though. Assuming you have a bank account, use the electronic check option. OK, it takes at least a week to get credited, but for some bizarre reason they give you $45 in commission credits to cover any possible fees. My bank charged nothing for those electronic checks. Unfortunately, they have been lowering the daily limit for electronic checks. I guess they got scammed. It is $900 now.

2. They have very poor liquidity for certain sports (NCAAB, NHL, etc.) but great liquidity for others (NFL, MLB, etc.) The liquidity for the bowl games is awesome. If you want to bet $25K on the game total, you can.

I consider Matchbook to be a terribly run book, but using an exchange is just so damn superior to using a book that I just don't get the hate and misinformation that gets spread about them here. If you bet NFL, MLB, NBA or NCAAF full game spreads or totals, then Matchbook is a must out.

3. As for bonuses, you don't want bonuses, you want access to their lines. You think you need a bonus for it to be a good idea to sign up with Pinnacle? MB lines are even better. if you bet any kind of volume, you are much better off with discount lines than a bonus. You save much more money in the long run.

ProfaneReality

well i dont trust wsex, and ive always been baffled how matchbook pays on time but wsex cant

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They lack volume on most sports

They lack quick deposits

They lack marketing skills

All basically true.

They do have good volume on most of the major US sports though.

And if you have funds available from other books, then book to book transfers are very quick. Otherwise, you better be patient because the electronic check and bank transfer options will take up to 2 weeks.

Horribly run book, but having access to an exchange is just a must.

Fishhead

All basically true.

They do have good volume on most of the major US sports though.

And if you have funds available from other books, then book to book transfers are very quick. Otherwise, you better be patient because the electronic check and bank transfer options will take up to 2 weeks.

Horribly run book, but having access to an exchange is just a must.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Penn National Race Course in the fukkin Hills of Penn had approx 20,000 bet on last race of card tonight and in the UK it is approx 2:00AM

Name the book? Betfair

KGambler

You want to get a last second bet in on VTech?

Well while Pinny had VTech +3.5 -111, here's the offers I saw available on Matchbook...

VTech +3.5 -103 $4,577
    -104 $31,169
    -105 $11,759
    -106 $7,066

Yeah, no liquidity, none at all!

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Penn National Race Course in the fukkin Hills of Penn had approx 20,000 bet on last race of card tonight and in the UK it is approx 2:00AM

Name the book? Betfair
    It's too bad they don't allow US accounts.

Even with them being dirty cheats I would have to have an account there. Exchanges are the future - they are just so much better for the punters.

Matchbook should be huge. The problem is that their management is totally inept.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Because if juice does not matter for winning bets
    Points Awarded:

bettilimbroke999 gave wrongturn 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook is nice to have but it is not all that great.

1) Hard to get down any more than $200 unless you are betting 1 hour before game time which takes your edge away.
    2) Low liquidity on smaller sports.
    3) Great for arb players but the lack of derivatives like parlays, props, and teasers takes away a lot of good wagering opportunities for sharp players.

I like matchbook for many reasons but I can see why there is such a lack of interest from recreational players and I have many outs that I prefer over matchbook.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by kgambler View Post
    you want to get a last second bet in on vtech?

Well while pinny had vtech +3.5 -111, here's the offers i saw available on matchbook...

Vtech +3.5 -103 $4,577
    -104 $31,169
    -105 $11,759
    -106 $7,066

yeah, no liquidity, none at all!
    some will never get it!

folks, you really need to get in matchbook

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

I guess its a good option for everyone in the US.

Otherwise, there's way too many options out there.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Matchbook is nice to have but it is not all that great.

1) Hard to get down any more than $200 unless you are betting 1 hour before game time which takes your edge away.
    Where do you guys get this shit? How am I betting thousands on NFL games, bowl games, MLB games? Do you guys constantly make rip off offers and wonder why you can't get filled? If Pinny has it -105/-105, then I will ask for -101 (offering up +101). It's easy to get filled there for many thousands on NFL, bowl games, even regular season MLB games. Are you guys just parroting someone else or do you actually play there and make real offers?

Two hundred dollars??? What a JOKE. If you want to pay the same juice you pay thegreek or bookmaker, you can bet 200K NO PROBLEM on any NFL game. LOL.

2) Low liquidity on smaller sports.
    So you don't bet NFL, NBA, MLB... No one is asking you to close all of your other accounts. You can still make bets on other sites.

3) Great for arb players but the lack of derivatives like parlays, props, and teasers takes away a lot of good wagering opportunities for sharp players.
    Parlays? Sharp players? Huh? The lack of parlays is a godsend to the typical clueless sports gambler. If you want to place your +EV teaser, derivative, prop and parlay bets, do it at a different book. Why can't you have multiple outs? MB is THE OUT for US gamblers wanting to make straight bets on certain major sports.
    Last edited by KGambler; 01-03-11 at 08:16 PM.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I don't agree with any of this.

1. I don't know about the ** deposit policies of any books because I bet more than $50 a game. But I do know that they refund any deposit fees with commission credits. So in the end you get the money back. Don't use ** or ** though. Assuming you have a bank account, use the electronic check option. OK, it takes at least a week to get credited, but for some bizarre reason they give you $45 in commission credits to cover any possible fees. My bank charged nothing for those electronic checks. Unfortunately, they have been lowering the daily limit for electronic checks. I guess they got scammed. It is $900 now.

2. They have very poor liquidity for certain sports (NCAAB, NHL, etc.) but great liquidity for others (NFL, MLB, etc.) The liquidity for the bowl games is awesome. If you want to bet $25K on the game total, you can.

I consider Matchbook to be a terribly run book, but using an exchange is just so damn superior to using a book that I just don't get the hate and misinformation that gets spread about them here. If you bet NFL, MLB, NBA or NCAAF full game spreads or totals, then Matchbook is a must out.

3. As for bonuses, you don't want bonuses, you want access to their lines. You think you need a bonus for it to be a good idea to sign up with Pinnacle? MB lines are even better. if you bet any kind of volume, you are much better off with discount lines than a bonus. You save much more money in the long run.

You have made a terrible argument FOR matchbook but a great argument AGAINST matchbook. You managed to remind me of a huge problem I forgot bc I havent dealt with them in so long, this book is run terribly, their customer service is ******* horrible.

Now I will address your other arguments in order, #1 You argue for these electronic checks which are a huge ******* hassle and max is 900 and you have to wait a ******* week for it to show up. Dude does that not show you why they have no liquidity? I mean then you say they have no liquidity for NCAAB but they have liquidity for bowl games (but bowls only have 1 week left so why would I deposit if its not going to show up til after the bowls are over? So I can load up for no liquidity NCAAB?) Plus who in the world wants to wait a week to bet, when most bettors including myself (non-pros) want to bet they want to bet NOW, they dont plan a week+ ahead, hell most lines dont come out til a day or so in advance. Also no normal bettors bet on MLB, MLB season is like the end of the world for normal gamblers and wouldnt improve the liquidity now anyway, also you really have to be a extreme degenerate gambler to bet on MLB but if you are then you're in luck bc Matchbook somehow always has incredibly great liquidity on MLB, its like the Twilight Zone at Matchbook, their liquidity suddenly triples during the MLB season, just when no one wants to bet, why this happens? I have no ******* idea. Maybe Pete Rose has an account at Matchbook.

123 Last