1. #36
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 38,443
    Betpoints: 8121

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    @ nash

    If you truly enjoy BJ I have a simple system that works on a 3/2 BJ table. Forget about the + & - count system because it's very highly overrated. All you need to do is count the Aces. Aces not only help you in scoring BJ but are also very helpful in doubling down your 9's against a dealers 4 or 5 or 6 but also doubling your 10's as well. You don't need to count ten value cards because it could take you 2 or 3 shoes to get a + count advantage. 10 value cards are going to generally stay within a + or - 3 count. Not enough to worry about.

    So here's what you do. Count only Aces and keep an eye on the discard pile on the dealers right. Play two hands so you're getting a 2-1 advantage over the house at scoring a BJ. You know how thick a 52 card deck is so if you see 1 discard deck with only one Ace gone you immediately have an Ace count advantage in your favor. Increase your two hands wagers by a slight amount. Not enough to draw attention. Let's say another deck goes by and you've only counted 3 Aces in the two deck discard pile. There's supposed to be 8 Aces out so you are now at a +5 Ace count. This is substantially in your favor. Press the bets on your two hands even more.

    This is my proven system, and it WORKS!!! An easy way of keeping your Ace count is to pile red chips up by your chip stacks. Players fidget with their chips all the time and the house has zero idea what you are doing. DO NOT get greedy. Hit'em and run after a couple shoes for a quick $500 profit and you will never get caught.
    If you're doing this, would you pass on doubling 11 against a 9 or 10?

  2. #37
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I know you're being facetious, but somebody might believe you.
    I hate that expression "you pay no juice if you win"
    So cringe worthy.

    *Todays fun fact*

    The word 'facetious' is the only word in the english language that contains all the vowels that's spelled out in succession.

  3. #38
    TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 1,543
    Betpoints: 6373

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    @ nash

    If you truly enjoy BJ I have a simple system that works on a 3/2 BJ table. Forget about the + & - count system because it's very highly overrated. All you need to do is count the Aces. Aces not only help you in scoring BJ but are also very helpful in doubling down your 9's against a dealers 4 or 5 or 6 but also doubling your 10's as well. You don't need to count ten value cards because it could take you 2 or 3 shoes to get a + count advantage. 10 value cards are going to generally stay within a + or - 3 count. Not enough to worry about.

    So here's what you do. Count only Aces and keep an eye on the discard pile on the dealers right. Play two hands so you're getting a 2-1 advantage over the house at scoring a BJ. You know how thick a 52 card deck is so if you see 1 discard deck with only one Ace gone you immediately have an Ace count advantage in your favor. Increase your two hands wagers by a slight amount. Not enough to draw attention. Let's say another deck goes by and you've only counted 3 Aces in the two deck discard pile. There's supposed to be 8 Aces out so you are now at a +5 Ace count. This is substantially in your favor. Press the bets on your two hands even more.

    This is my proven system, and it WORKS!!! An easy way of keeping your Ace count is to pile red chips up by your chip stacks. Players fidget with their chips all the time and the house has zero idea what you are doing. DO NOT get greedy. Hit'em and run after a couple shoes for a quick $500 profit and you will never get caught.
    Ace/5 count is stronger than just an ace count and still barely better than break even (https://wizardofodds.com/games/black...ce-five-count/)

    If anyone can convert a running count to a true count like you suggest they do with this system, a basic hi-lo count should be easy and worth about an extra $50 per hour with a 16-1 spread at a $25 table

  4. #39
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 38,443
    Betpoints: 8121

    Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Ace/5 count is stronger than just an ace count and still barely better than break even (https://wizardofodds.com/games/black...ce-five-count/)

    If anyone can convert a running count to a true count like you suggest they do with this system, a basic hi-lo count should be easy and worth about an extra $50 per hour with a 16-1 spread at a $25 table
    I read that, but there's a problem. It talks of betting from a base of 1, then to 8, 16, 32. But to get the good tables rules, you basically have to play the $100 minimum tables. So then you have to be willing to wager $3,200 hands. You'd need a 100k bankroll to do this.

  5. #40
    TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 1,543
    Betpoints: 6373

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I read that, but there's a problem. It talks of betting from a base of 1, then to 8, 16, 32. But to get the good tables rules, you basically have to play the $100 minimum tables. So then you have to be willing to wager $3,200 hands. You'd need a 100k bankroll to do this.
    There are still $5 tables with beatable rules that make 40-1 spread possible; might be hard to find, but $10 or $15 are all over Las Vegas during slow hours. As far as that specific strategy, I think it was an exercise in figuring out a way to find the smallest edge possible, not something that anyone should or would ever bother to do.

  6. #41
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 38,443
    Betpoints: 8121

    Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    There are still $5 tables with beatable rules that make 40-1 spread possible; might be hard to find, but $10 or $15 are all over Las Vegas during slow hours. As far as that specific strategy, I think it was an exercise in figuring out a way to find the smallest edge possible, not something that anyone should or would ever bother to do.
    Really? Maybe downtown? I just played at the main strip places and I couldn't even find $50 with good rules.
    $100+ only.

  7. #42
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Really? Maybe downtown? I just played at the main strip places and I couldn't even find $50 with good rules.
    $100+ only.
    Check out the locals joint Orleans.
    They deal you a real good game, and they'll let you 'gamble' a little bit.
    (within reason)

    I love their two deck out of the shoe game.
    I gave them 10/25/50 action for four hours last visit, they comped me pretty good, not like the good old days, but they set me an my wife up nice with a four star dinner and drinks. That was a nice 250 dollar comp, even nicer was I walked away +480 dollars for that session, not retirement money, but I'll take it.

  8. #43
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 38,443
    Betpoints: 8121

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Check out the locals joint Orleans.
    They deal you a real good game, and they'll let you 'gamble' a little bit.
    (within reason)

    I love their two deck out of the shoe game.
    I gave them 10/25/50 action for four hours last visit, they comped me pretty good, not like the good old days, but they set me an my wife up nice with a four star dinner and drinks. That was a nice 250 dollar comp, even nicer was I walked away +480 dollars for that session, not retirement money, but I'll take it.


    I was just in Vegas and "stayed" in two rooms (6 ppl total) -- Bellagio & Caesars Palace -- both fully comped upgraded rooms. Various rewards paid for all 6 meals and 3 shows. Caesars Seven Stars is pretty nice.

  9. #44
    TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 1,543
    Betpoints: 6373

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Really? Maybe downtown? I just played at the main strip places and I couldn't even find $50 with good rules.
    $100+ only.
    The strip also has The Shops at Crystals to buy clothes and a couple miles away there is a Wal Mart. There is the high limit room at the Wynn and there are table games at Jerry's Nugget.

  10. #45
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post


    I was just in Vegas and "stayed" in two rooms (6 ppl total) -- Bellagio & Caesars Palace -- both fully comped upgraded rooms. Various rewards paid for all 6 meals and 3 shows. Caesars Seven Stars is pretty nice.
    Sweet
    (pardon the pun)
    Unless I'm playing a tourney at say Aria, I'm done with the Blvd.
    Everything on the Strip is overpriced, way to touristy, and they can take their parking fees and shove it up their collective asses.

    I don't even go to Vegas anymore just to gamble, if I'm flying out 3000 miles it's either work related, or like the last trip I was invited to see a concert.

  11. #46
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 38,443
    Betpoints: 8121

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Sweet
    (pardon the pun)
    Unless I'm playing a tourney at say Aria, I'm done with the Blvd.
    Everything on the Strip is overpriced, way to touristy, and they can take their parking fees and shove it up their collective asses.

    I don't even go to Vegas anymore just to gamble, if I'm flying out 3000 miles it's either work related, or like the last trip I was invited to see a concert.
    I have all these comps so I feel compelled. Nice to eat at great restaurants for a few days. Tried Hell's Kitchen, which was fun. Giada's really good food actually.

    Next trip late March to see Depeche Mode(!) and final four weekend.

  12. #47
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 3,484
    Betpoints: 4028

    well aint no locals in philly except in private members clubs and i almsot totaly busted one years ago said he wanted to take my action because i said i had systems lived in other city so we had to set up account to trnasfer money

    he said after 7 weeks ok thats it your limited to $100 max bets

    i said never mind just send me the balance i proved my point

  13. #48
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I have all these comps so I feel compelled. Nice to eat at great restaurants for a few days. Tried Hell's Kitchen, which was fun. Giada's really good food actually.

    Next trip late March to see Depeche Mode(!) and final four weekend.
    I'm a FoB (friend of the band) Killers.
    I've been a strong supporter for 20 years now.
    The bands business manager set me up with their invite only show last visit.
    My God that was a weekend to remember, I'm actually drinking beers at the after party with the some of the band members. Brandon is straight lace, he doesn't party, the rest of the band cuts loose.

    Enjoy Depeche Mode, I've always like their stuff.

  14. #49
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-27-12
    Posts: 3,252
    Betpoints: 1234

    Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If you're doing this, would you pass on doubling 11 against a 9 or 10?
    Great question.

    I would pass on doubling against any dealers card other than a 4, 5, or 6.

    Again, the system relies on a 3/2 game with you playing 2 hands.

  15. #50
    semibluff
    Thank you for fixing this
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-12-16
    Posts: 1,415
    Betpoints: 16479

    If results matter then value betting matters. Value is value regardless of the level of juice on the total book price. Obviously value is harder to find when the level of juice is higher.

  16. #51
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    ^
    Well said.

  17. #52
    Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-07
    Posts: 18,282
    Betpoints: 3289

    $10 go buy a sandwich and call it a day

  18. #53
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,547
    Betpoints: 25352

    ^
    You can't even get and good sandwich for under ten bones in NYC.
    Go to any of the big named delis there, a loaded pastrami on rye will run you closer to twenty.

First 12
Top