mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Anybody use a runline calculator...i so have you been successful on a consistent basi

Halfway through the season and I have not seen any threads or post regarding taking that big money line favorite and knocking it down by using a run line calculator. Just curious if anyone has done this on a consistent basis? Is it a sucker bet??

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

It depends. If you straight up use the calculator, you are assuming the total is right. But why would the total be right automatically, when a side is wrong.

It is good to look into the run lines. Chiefly, it allows you lineshop 2 bets instead of 1. If I am line shopping 6 book, I get 12 options instead of 6. Find a lot of value that way.

I tend to take smaller favorites on the run line. I don't tend to bet large favorites.

mama whoiscrying
    mama whoiscrying's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    It depends. If you straight up use the calculator, you are assuming the total is right. But why would the total be right automatically, when a side is wrong.

It is good to look into the run lines. Chiefly, it allows you lineshop 2 bets instead of 1. If I am line shopping 6 book, I get 12 options instead of 6. Find a lot of value that way.

I tend to take smaller favorites on the run line. I don't tend to bet large favorites.
    Thanks W.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

I've seen some people be successful with that. (I don't know about the long run)

If its a big fav, its still -140 on the run line.

Those sports bettin online calcs are handy.