Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Sorry but the struggling to catch on is in poor taste. Leave that part out. When someone dies it is common courtesy to talk only good about them. That may be frustrating to you who wants to be more descriptive but that’s a basic rule of decency. The old saying, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything” applies here.
    That's because, like I said, society has brainwashed the population to be at war with one another over the pettiest things, and you are exhibit A. Your perspective is skewed to find offense in an innocuous statement, and then to highlight that word which has triggered you, and make it your battle cry. The hive mind then spreads the feigned outrage like wildfire.

Much ado about nothing.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Eddy, reread my post. If someone called our beloved mothers “struggling “ of anything, even if she was a bad mom, wouldn’t you be saying… “what the Fukk”? It’s not his place nor the time for him to say it. Does he have the right to say it? Yes but that doesn’t mean he should. It’s not about cancelling anyone, it’s about letting someone know they are being a huge dick. Too many people think they can and should say whatever they want. Think before you say it. Schefter at least took the tweet down, so even he knows it was in poor taste.
    Mac, Schefter is a reporter, not an obituary writer.

He is responsible for detailing the who, what, why, where and when.

It's that fukking simple.

Liberals think that emotions are top concern...no, in reporting, facts are #1. This is why the liberal media is dying...they get every story wrong because they dive in w emotions & bias and leave their readers to wonder who, what, where, when, why.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: THE HITMAN

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Wow! Imagine getting paid for extra responsibility. ESPN should encourage my employer to do the same.
    Calm down there wiseass.
    That's the reason why he feels he's under pressure these days, could be too much.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

i mean scheffter literally typed out 2 sentences and used 1 word people don't like and it's off with his head right now

in the moment you can type anything very quickly, press the submit button and poof there it is

SamsNCharge99

where's the damn twitter EDIT button

SamsNCharge99

plus like others have said in the thread, we bash players daily for shit none of us can do

twitter is 90% hate and youtube comment sections

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Cowboys Ex Dez Bryant Rips ESPN’s Adam Schefter for Dwayne Haskins Tweet

Bryant: “Athletes for the record.. the sh— Adam Schefter wrote, that’s how a lot of people view us. We ain’t sh— but entertainment! if you let one treat you with disrespect, the rest will follow.”

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't see anything wrong with Schefter's post. Are we at the funeral? Is Schefter supposed to give a eulogy at the moment? No... he's telling you in his own words who Haskins was as an ATHLETE. Christ... we wouldn't even give 2 sh##s for this guy if he wasn't from Ohio State University... and he was just some gang banger on the streets of Chicago who got hit by a car... you guys are incredible. It wouldn't even be NEWS TODAY!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Damn RIP

I always wondered if a major star athlete had died during the peak of their career. Someone like Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Lebron James etc. It would have made a drastic impact on everyone in their sport.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Damn RIP

I always wondered if a major star athlete had died during the peak of their career. Someone like Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Lebron James etc. It would have made a drastic impact on everyone in their sport.
    Dale Earnhardt and Ayrton Senna.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3523

Man that's rough RIP

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    That's because, like I said, society has brainwashed the population to be at war with one another over the pettiest things, and you are exhibit A. Your perspective is skewed to find offense in an innocuous statement, and then to highlight that word which has triggered you, and make it your battle cry. The hive mind then spreads the feigned outrage like wildfire.
    Much ado about nothing.
    Society didn't do shit. Common sense and decency should help you here. Just because you're an asshole, doesn't mean you have to act like an asshole.

Do you really think it would be nice to say. "Adam Schefter, fledgling, most often wrong draft analyst, was shanked in a gay bar"? The bolded part is just being mean and has nothing to do with what happened.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    plus like others have said in the thread, we bash players daily for shit none of us can do

twitter is 90% hate and youtube comment sections
    Who cares who we bash? We're in a gambling forum. We're not saying stupid shit for public consumption. If you are in the media, have some fukking decency. No one should have to tell you to not be a dick. Some of you don't see anything wrong but why do you think Schefter deleted it? Because he knows it was dumb, careless and insensitive. I don't believe in cancelling people but he just set himself up to possibly getting severe backlash. WHY? Was it worth it? Think before you press send. You and I, it doesn't matter but him??? Think first.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Some of you don't see anything wrong but why do you think Schefter deleted it?
    He deleted it because naturally if you hear any type of negative comment.... you don't want to lose your job over it. Doesn't mean SOCIETY IS CORRECT. It just means Schefter has to watch his own ass.

He didn't make a racist remark. He didn't say anything about his sexual orientation. He didn't say if he liked it up the ass. He basically gave a general statement.... of what DID OCCUR. And he said Tragic. Which it was. Schefter didn't do anything wrong.

Eddy Munny

From now on, all future events such as this should be reported as:

"Athlete died today."

The End.

Although I'm sure the woke mob will eventually find a way to be offended over three words. "Athlete" is probably too reductive and pigeonholes a person into one vocation, failing to recognize the entire spectrum of their splendor. "Died" is probably too abrasive and should be supplanted by a softer, gentler word such as "expired" or "rendered inoperable."

Move over baseball, being offended is America's new favorite pastime.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 04-09-22 at 05:02 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    Ran out of gas on the highway and when he went out to check to see what was wrong with the car got clipped
    wait

if you run out of gas

why would you go out of the car to check anything? you call AAA and wait they do that for ya

Eddy Munny

The irony in this whole situation is that people like Mac4Lyfe are accomplishing absolutely nothing by spotlighting an imaginary problem and then fanning the flames of its aftermath.

If anything they're siphoning off the energy and collective consciousness of those who would otherwise direct it more appropriately towards mourning the loss of life. It's a hijack move to feed their need for sanctimony.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Just a very sad story. Rip.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

From now on, all future events such as this should be reported as:

"Athlete died today."

The End.

Although I'm sure the woke mob will eventually find a way to be offended over three words. "Athlete" is probably too reductive and pigeonholes a person into one vocation, failing to recognize the entire spectrum of their splendor. "Died" is probably too abrasive and should be supplanted by a softer, gentler word such as "expired" or "rendered inoperable."

Move over baseball, being offended is America's new favorite pastime.
    Do i think some things there is an overreaction to? Probably, but as time passes the world changes, views change and you should adjust or allow the people who want to speak out and adjust that opportunity without ridicule.
    Now I dont think this situation has anything to do with what you are saying though. I think Schefter was being a dick whether he intended too or didnt intend to and i think being called out for being a dick is appropriate just like you would tell anyone else like your friend, neighbor, co-worker if they were being disrespectful whether intentional or unintentional.
    If we are talking about a situation though that relates to you not wanting the world to change or being afraid of the woke mob, dont you think that if everyone just sat on their hands and shut their mouths so that you didnt have to hear them we would be in a society that doesnt develop, doesnt grow, doesnt evolve? Maybe we would still have slavery, non equal rights for male/females or how about prohibition? In both situations one side or another spoke out against or for these items and thats ok. Just like its ok for you to want different things but I think silencing anyone doesnt help us as a society.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1309

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Just a very sad story. Rip.
    Indeed it is. Terrible twist of fate. Lose your life over running out of gas.

Rest In Peace Dwayne Haskins.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Calm down there wiseass.
    That's the reason why he feels he's under pressure these days, could be too much.
    I was complaining about my employer more than anything. Carry on

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Society didn't do shit. Common sense and decency should help you here. Just because you're an asshole, doesn't mean you have to act like an asshole.

Do you really think it would be nice to say. "Adam Schefter, fledgling, most often wrong draft analyst, was shanked in a gay bar"? The bolded part is just being mean and has nothing to do with what happened.
    What do you mean by "shanked?"

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Sent screenshots of Adam tweet to all my liberal friends. None of them found anything wrong with it. I asked why they were not seeing the issue with his tweet. They just couldn't find a problem.

I told them to open a twitter account and report back to me next week on how they change their mind.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Do i think some things there is an overreaction to? Probably, but as time passes the world changes, views change and you should adjust or allow the people who want to speak out and adjust that opportunity without ridicule.
    Now I dont think this situation has anything to do with what you are saying though. I think Schefter was being a dick whether he intended too or didnt intend to and i think being called out for being a dick is appropriate just like you would tell anyone else like your friend, neighbor, co-worker if they were being disrespectful whether intentional or unintentional.
    If we are talking about a situation though that relates to you not wanting the world to change or being afraid of the woke mob, dont you think that if everyone just sat on their hands and shut their mouths so that you didnt have to hear them we would be in a society that doesnt develop, doesnt grow, doesnt evolve? Maybe we would still have slavery, non equal rights for male/females or how about prohibition? In both situations one side or another spoke out against or for these items and thats ok. Just like its ok for you to want different things but I think silencing anyone doesnt help us as a society.
    This isn't evidence of society developing or evolving or whatever gloss you want to paint it with. The West is crumbling for a whole host of reasons, and the fact that you're oblivious to it all further illustrates your insulated, manipulated mindset. I promise you the whole "woke" agenda didn't originate from a group of kind-hearted, empathetic people who wanted to spread the message of love and move civilization towards some idealized utopia. It's a Trojan Horse and you're borderline insane for thinking speaking out against Schefter's use of the word "struggling" is somehow comparable to standing up for black rights and women's rights generations ago.

Please, please, please don't make me have to reiterate the fact that you're SBR's dumbest poster. I tried to abstain.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

Facts and eliminating bias would be “drafted 15th out of Ohio State by Washington and currently on the Pittsburgh roster,” not what Schefter chose to say. This is a real simple one, Schefter was wrong for this, and I had a feeling when I saw how many responses this got that there’d be an incredibly mind-numbing discourse over the matter
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave texhooper 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

This isn't evidence of society developing or evolving or whatever gloss you want to paint it with. The West is crumbling for a whole host of reasons, and the fact that you're oblivious to it all further illustrates your insulated, manipulated mindset. I promise you the whole "woke" agenda didn't originate from a group of kind-hearted, empathetic people who wanted to spread the message of love and move civilization towards some idealized utopia. It's a Trojan Horse and you're borderline insane for thinking speaking out against Schefter's use of the word "struggling" is somehow comparable to standing up for black rights and women's rights generations ago.

Please, please, please don't make me have to reiterate the fact that you're SBR's dumbest poster. I tried to abstain.
    The West is pretty much done Eddy. It's sad what it has become. The worst part is that the woke mob is mostly people who actually benefit from what the West once was. They seem to think they are doing a great service to all the perceived bad things done by bad white folks. They rage like freaks over things like this. Schefter was being a "dickhead". I mean come on. Give me a break.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The West is pretty much done Eddy. It's sad what it has become. The worst part is that the woke mob is mostly people who actually benefit from what the West once was. They seem to think they are doing a great service to all the perceived bad things done by bad white folks. They rage like freaks over things like this. Schefter was being a "dickhead". I mean come on. Give me a break.
    Yeah, imagine going back in time 50 years and showing Schefter's tweet to the people of that era, and then following it up with the fact that Schefter was subsequently called a dickhead, an asshole, probably will be called a racist if he hasn't been already, and was forced to rescind his statement to alleviate the heat. They would all think you're joking, and if any of them believed you they'd probably express some sense of relief their time may be up before that day arrived.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I was complaining about my employer more than anything. Carry on
    OK, misinterpretation here.
    My bad.
    All good, peace.

Eddy Munny

People can stop quoting me now.

I'm done with this trash heap of a thread.

R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

I’m gonna set the odds: yes -$975, longest Haskins thread in Sbr history

goduke

I didnt say Schefters thing was related. I was more commenting on your annoyance for woke mob stuff. It was two separate points.
    And to be honest all you sound like is the same thing your grandparents sounded like when you were a kid. This is how life works. The world changes and you deal, you dont yell at the clouds about how you wish everything would stay the same.
    The problem with this site is the age demographic, its all relatively the same age of people who complain about the world changing.
    Now i want to point out that i dont think the world is a better place right now, I think its trash but I dont think thats because of the woke mob, I think thats because people dont know how to communicate with each other and I think strong media on both sides of the spectrum are good at manipulating people. But I'm not going to sit here and think its all going to stay the same from whatever amount of years ago because its not
    Last edited by goduke; 04-09-22 at 06:44 PM.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    So you are saying people should not call out bad behavior? And what level of behavior does it have to get to before you would consider saying something?
    Now what about Gil Brandt and what he said? Is that enough to call out or do you think thats perfectly fine too?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

The probem with tweeting is you are trying to post it as soon as possible so you can be the first and get viral without having someone proofread it like they do in newspapers. So if Schefter's superior saw the tweet before he pressed sent he would have advised him to omit the negativity and lack of empathy to a tragic loss of life.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

50 years ago and beyond, families friends etc have always done whatever they could to make sure that only glowing things are reported about their loved ones in death. Same would go for any of you if you die. Let’s say for some ridiculous reason a reporter wanted to go public on any one of your deaths, they could say “he was a struggling sports bettor who posted on a failing sports betting forum day and night” and that be the entire summation of your life, and while a true statement for most of you, your mother would absolutely die if that’s how your life was summed up publicly, and people are basically standing up for Haskins’ family in this regard. This would be true at any point in time. If anything it was probably worse 50 years ago when there was no internet or social media and it was easier to control a public narrative. This is about decency, not the decline of western civilization
    Points Awarded:

goduke gave texhooper 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    So you are saying people should not call out bad behavior? And what level of behavior does it have to get to before you would consider saying something?
    Now what about Gil Brandt and what he said? Is that enough to call out or do you think thats perfectly fine too?
    Brandt's comments were absolutely retarded.

To answer your question.
    You are not the guy who determines bad behaviour and then tells us what you think it is. That's not the world I live in. That's on you.

Could Adam be a dickhead. Possibly. Was his tweet enough to call him that? Imo NO.

First 123456 Last