Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If you can out smart your own brain and just say NO you can beat addictions. Such as - I have no money and I'm just not going to bet or do the drug thinking today! I'll live if I don't get the action or drug as there is always tomorrow. One day at a time. Repeat and rinse...

Some people have that strength and can just say fock it I'm done! I'm going cold turkey and will deal with the pain for a few days until things start to get better and it becomes a distant thought. Stop thinking about is the first step. Don't let your addictions occupy your thoughts all the time. Stay busy doing other things to keep your mind off it.

Can try that if you are not a pussy and can man up enough to get clean.

Yippers
    Cold Turkey

HossWilbur
    Can't Stop The Chop
    HossWilbur's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10645

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Another thing I would suggest is to paper bet. Before I start betting a sport I always bet on paper first.

If you make yourself have to win by betting on paper before you can bet real money, paper betting will be pretty exciting. And you ain't ever getting there.

Once you start looking at your overall record and how likely you are to win, it is going to have to have an effect on you.

That's the difference between a real gambler and a degen. A real gambler likes that kind of challenge.

If you can't make it through that, you cannot win. Make yourself win on paper for at least 250 bets and earn your way to betting real money. And then make yourself have to win to keep betting.

You've got to change the game.
    Roger's offered solid advice. If ya can't win with paper bets, what makes ya think you're gonna win when you have real money on a game?

Spend time doing other things that are enjoyable. If you don't have the time to look into a bet, why place a bet that you don't think you have an edge with?

There's much more to life than betting.

mem5757
    mem5757's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

the people who have successfully stopped aren't going to be on this forum. to successfully stop betting you have to completely cut yourself off from every gambling site - you can't even look at the odds or else you will watch the game and start to feel regrets that you didn't bet on it when the team you would have chosen ends up winning. i have had some success limiting what i lose by putting money where i cant easily access it ie HSA, 401k, IRA, house/mortgage so i only have access to a few thousand $$ at any given time - but stopping completely has proven to be very very tough.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    How to talk and attract women? Nobody cares about your advice.
    The last time you had sex was 6+ months ago and you went to confession afterwards...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I love sports gambling. I'll never quit and am pretty good at it. 30 years and still going strong as a daily sports gambler. Gotta stay disciplined to ride this train though.

My vice is the drink. I drink more tequila and wine then I should daily. I'm battling that beast now.

First 123