cburland10
    cburland10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 788

Is capping deposits possible as a degen, or is the only way cold turkey?

So yeah, i really have no problems admitting that I'm a penetrating degenerate. I have been for the last 5 years. By degenerate I mean, compulsively needing to always have action on something, (even bet e-sports during the pandemic) and generally betting more than I am able to technically afford, or should be betting, that's for sure. I know every fukkin player in the top 100 tennis rankings and thats a serious issue.

anyway, especially after having chargers ml tonight, im doing some soul searching. I've never tried to cap myself like "only depositng x amount per paycheck) or anything like that, it's always just been whenever i felt like it, and however much i wanted. has anyone who has successfully stopped that wanted to, quit cold turkey, ween yourself off with a system like this? i'm looking for all input, especially brutal honesty. I feel like this addiction has really changed who i am as a person, and my chemical makeup. im so zoned out of my relationships and everything else thats important in life.

im just wondering if for someone like me, if cold turkey is the only way, or if slowly weening myself off or trying to practice restrictive betting (only betting weekends, only betting x sport, etc) is something that actually works. Just give it to me straight please. And if you're gonna troll me I ask that you just skip over this, I'm kind of opening up here looking for real advice about my future with something thats kinda had control over me the past half decade and I KNOW some people here will have good advice for me. cheers all

cburland10

ultimately i think i know the answer if i truly wanna free myself. maybe theres a world where i stop cold turkey for months and am able to come back and view it as an entertainment source and not for making money, but who knows.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Hmm. It looks like you do have a gambling problem. Honestly, cold turkey will only work if you have no money (or no way) for betting purposes. We can give you advice to use self-exclusion options etc.. but who knows you may open another betting account.
    capping deposits may work (as many of us do this method): my advice is make a list of all the things you could have bought/paid for with the money you lost, print it out and stick it near your computer screen. Do the same for the deposit amounts.
    Best of luck.

cburland10

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    Hmm. It looks like you do have a gambling problem. Honestly, cold turkey will only work if you have no money (or no way) for betting purposes. We can give you advice to use self-exclusion options etc.. but who knows you may open another betting account.
    capping deposits may work (as many of us do this method): my advice is make a list of all the things you could have bought/paid for with the money you lost, print it out and stick it near your computer screen. Do the same for the deposit amounts.
    Best of luck.
    That's a good idea and I appreciate it. Like I said, i'm noticing it's more than just financial at this point, my day is ruined over bad beats, im out of touch with people i shouldn't be, etc. its just fkd. And the thing is, I *can* technically afford it, but I haven't progressed at all in life if that makes sense. no savings, same shitty apartment, etc.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

cold turkey is the only way. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you.

cburland10

yep just took my last 2k and put it on a -400 wta girl who got absolutely smoked. i just need to cold turkey and put this hell behind me

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by cburland10 View Post
    yep just took my last 2k and put it on a -400 wta girl who got absolutely smoked. i just need to cold turkey and put this hell behind me
    Blinkova or Zhu?

Just a matter of time before I go bust too. Went all in on PITT live up 13-10 & just got lucky in OT. Got a shitty line at -195 when I could've gotten them at +540 down 10-6 right before Huntley threw an end zone INT. Without discipline & proper money management we all end up in the same place.

cburland10

Blinkova.

cburland10

and now im depositing again

something is so wrong with me

Doug tushyterror

Blinkova.
    Useless bitch even had 2 BPs to get back on serve. WTA betting is a cruel joke. Was about to go big on Kalinskaya (-833 prematch) to bounce back & just win the 2nd set but backed off cuz of the price -333. She goes up 4-1 just to lose the last 5 games.

cburland10

Quote Originally Posted by Doug tushyterror View Post
    Useless bitch even had 2 BPs to get back on serve. WTA betting is a cruel joke. Was about to go big on Kalinskaya (-833 prematch) to bounce back & just win the 2nd set but backed off cuz of the price -333. She goes up 4-1 just to lose the last 5 games.
    its definitely my fault for just trusting a -400 girl, but i did do some research and the asian chcik she was playing was literally ranked like 300th lmao... i was so tilted after chargers and just thought penetrate it, this is probably a free $500

Doug tushyterror

its definitely my fault for just trusting a -400 girl, but i did do some research and the asian chcik she was playing was literally ranked like 300th lmao... i was so tilted after chargers and just thought penetrate it, this is probably a free $500
    Can't even say I blame you cuz the Asian girl's been absolute trash since 2020 but somewhat decent before. Blinkova just a typical Russian headcase who runs hot & cold most likely dependent on her menstrual cycle.