hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Will new bigbooks cut you off or limit for live bet middling

I live in Wisconsin & can't use DraftKings, FanDuel, and some of the other new books, but I was wondering if you would be limited or cut off by these books if you used live betting to middle your early line picks.
    For example on tonights NFL game: Lines opened up @ Tampa -7.5 with limted juice. After Phiily scored and tied the game in 1st quarter I could get live lines on Bookmaker @ Tampa -4 -108. So if I grabbed Philly +7.5 early @-110 and then took Tampa live @ -4 -108 it would seem too easy to profit in the long run. You will probably get a middle in close to 10% of games like this and probably more so if you are betting totals.
    Last edited by hankcream; 10-14-21 at 08:40 PM. Reason: forgot ba point

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t think so you’re not betting thousands

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Of course you can try that, but it's not as simple as you make it sound. They won't limit for doing that. Some books will limits sharps and winners.

Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3863

There is no chance of getting limited for that, absolutely nothing wrong with it.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Bookmaker on the live menu has cut me down to win $300 and $200 on certain games. If someone wants me to dig up a screenshot I’m fairly certain I can.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Euro books will if you do it against Pinnacle

jjgold

Pre Game bets both sides you could get warned many books

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    I live in Wisconsin & can't use DraftKings, FanDuel, and some of the other new books, but I was wondering if you would be limited or cut off by these books if you used live betting to middle your early line picks.
    For example on tonights NFL game: Lines opened up @ Tampa -7.5 with limted juice. After Phiily scored and tied the game in 1st quarter I could get live lines on Bookmaker @ Tampa -4 -108. So if I grabbed Philly +7.5 early @-110 and then took Tampa live @ -4 -108 it would seem too easy to profit in the long run. You will probably get a middle in close to 10% of games like this and probably more so if you are betting totals.
    I think they want you to do that. More bets = more action on the same game.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

They probably love it if you try to pull this off. They'll win in the long run.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I've been doing it so far, no. When they lock a bet it's always something happening in the game,
    not connected to prohibit middling or arb. Hill/IGT.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

The books/3rd party algorithms would pick up on 99% of all BOOKED side bets with possible middle opportunities. if a client has 1 side and is attempting to live bet the other side, the site will immediately force the live bet to a trader(well Pinnacle from my experience.) Hence the delay in live betting. Pinnacle will got from Live to OTB on me 6 times in less than a minute as they make their adjustments, but that just makes it impossible to get a middle bet in

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I think thats called trading not middling

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

At most books, the live betting platform is not owned by that book. They outsource the live betting to third party. This is why you see different limits for live betting versus their in-house pregame bets. This is also why grading with live bets are sometimes faster than in-house pre-game because it's done by another source.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

I don't see why they should, because in theory both bets are independent and should lose in the long run because of the juice.

If a 7.5 pt favorite is down 0:7 you can grab them live at -4 but how much value is there at that point? Most likely none, and the only value is on your pre-game dog +7.5 bet.

But I don't do middles so I'm only theorycrafting.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    I don't see why they should, because in theory both bets are independent and should lose in the long run because of the juice.

If a 7.5 pt favorite is down 0:7 you can grab them live at -4 but how much value is there at that point? Most likely none, and the only value is on your pre-game dog +7.5 bet.

But I don't do middles so I'm only theorycrafting.
    Of course this is correct. Some people mistakenly think it's so easy to pull this off and confirmation bias reinforces this belief.

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11160

-110 or -115 on each side why would they limit you?

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Circa best book in world

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

thats why you have 2 books or more, mostly you can get better odds

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11160

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Bookmaker on the live menu has cut me down to win $300 and $200 on certain games. If someone wants me to dig up a screenshot I’m fairly certain I can.
    they only do this when you're betting while the game is being played, during timeouts the limits go way up. i thought they did the same thing to me but it was not the case.

jjgold

It seems different for every book

Why anybody would care is beyond belief meaning the Sports book they’re lowering their risk

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

No. They dont' care what you bet until you beat them consistently, then they slash limits. Some faster than others, but it seems like all the US books do at some point. Maybe Circa doesn't -- hoping they come to IL soon.

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No. They dont' care what you bet until you beat them consistently, then they slash limits. Some faster than others, but it seems like all the US books do at some point. Maybe Circa doesn't -- hoping they come to IL soon.
    I hope Circa comes to Virginia also. What I'm not sure about is has Illinois or Virginia limited which books can have a state license? That would seem illegal unless it said the first x number to apply ...Even then I don't know if that can hold up.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Are you even listening to your own math. You want to sell out a position in which you’re ahead to pay 10% juice on something with a. 10% probability. And you think somehow this will make you rich lol. Books will take your action all day