Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

UFC 264: Fireworks continue w/ trilogy McGregor (+105) beating Poirier

Oh man, this was a tough one to decide. But since Conor McGregor has been laying low and, I'm assuming, training and not acting like his "notorious" mischievous self, then I'm taking McGregor @ +105 winning another trilogy saga against Dustin Poirier.

The main card is loaded with "notorious" fighters (O'Malley and Hardy), and since it's a trilogy saga main event, let's make it a tripleheader picks:

Conor McGregor (+105) over Dustin Poirier

Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson (-165) over Gilbert Burns

Tai Tuisava (-140) over Greg "Wife Beater" Hardy (he reached his peaked)

I'll be in North Beach this weekend getting ready for an Italian party on Sunday!

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Hey bud felt bad nobody reposted to your post

Best of luck!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Should be good I’m taking Mac

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Ask yourself this before betting on Conor - what happened 6 months ago and why do you think the result would be different? What evidence do you have that the outcome will change? We have the ultimate card in betting this fight as we all witnessed it 180 days ago. If you are betting Conor you are betting on nothing but guesses and assumptions that he has done everything he says he's done in the past 6 months to make himself better. He is a master marketer and gets people to believe the hype and believe in things that they wouldn't necessarily believe in unless the marketing was tremendously persuasive. Many people who believe in Conor at this point believe in the legend that is Conor. That fighter from 4-6 years ago with those highlights knockouts and incredible performances. The truth is he has done almost nothing of note in almost 4 years in combat sports except lose. He is a Forbes list 32 (almost 33) year old now, no longer a hungry lion 27 year old. He can say he has his hammer and hard hat and has gone to work the last 6 months and people will buy it because they want to believe so badly that it's true. And maybe it is. But there is no way possible anyone can cap this fight in favor of Conor. At the very worst it's 60-40 in favor of Dustin. We have plenty of information to go on to cap this fight that way. People will say Dustin took some hard shots and almost got finished in the second fight...go watch it again and watch it closely. He was never in a any real trouble at any point. He realized after the first round that Conor couldn't hurt him that night. He realized he held the upper hand everywhere. He got over the hump and the mystique of conor had disappeared and he knew he could put this guy away and did just that. What will be different this time? Check some leg kicks? Maybe. Dustin can win this fight so many ways and Conor can only win 1 way and that 1 way has to happen in the first 8 minutes or so. We all know that. Dustin knows that. Conor sounds like a man trying to convince himself he's still got it. He doesn't sound confident, he sounds like a caricature of his old self. It's uncomfortable to watch. It's not that Conor cant win, he obviously can as it's basically a pickem. But based on everything we know at this time, this fight being a pickem allows us a tremendous opportunity to make a great value bet on Dustin if you can cap him at 60%. And there's absolutely no reason you don't cap this fight that way..
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave Mackballs 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Conor 1 win in 5 years guy is all talk and not what he once was.

In my mind, his only path to victory is a round 1 or 2 KO/TKO.

I'm think Poirier subs him in the middle rounds after he weathers the storm and Conor gasses.
    Points Awarded:

Mackballs gave JAKEPEAVY21 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Ask yourself this before betting on Conor - what happened 6 months ago and why do you think the result would be different? What evidence do you have that the outcome will change? We have the ultimate card in betting this fight as we all witnessed it 180 days ago. If you are betting Conor you are betting on nothing but guesses and assumptions that he has done everything he says he's done in the past 6 months to make himself better. He is a master marketer and gets people to believe the hype and believe in things that they wouldn't necessarily believe in unless the marketing was tremendously persuasive. Many people who believe in Conor at this point believe in the legend that is Conor. That fighter from 4-6 years ago with those highlights knockouts and incredible performances. The truth is he has done almost nothing of note in almost 4 years in combat sports except lose. He is a Forbes list 32 (almost 33) year old now, no longer a hungry lion 27 year old. He can say he has his hammer and hard hat and has gone to work the last 6 months and people will buy it because they want to believe so badly that it's true. And maybe it is. But there is no way possible anyone can cap this fight in favor of Conor. At the very worst it's 60-40 in favor of Dustin. We have plenty of information to go on to cap this fight that way. People will say Dustin took some hard shots and almost got finished in the second fight...go watch it again and watch it closely. He was never in a any real trouble at any point. He realized after the first round that Conor couldn't hurt him that night. He realized he held the upper hand everywhere. He got over the hump and the mystique of conor had disappeared and he knew he could put this guy away and did just that. What will be different this time? Check some leg kicks? Maybe. Dustin can win this fight so many ways and Conor can only win 1 way and that 1 way has to happen in the first 8 minutes or so. We all know that. Dustin knows that. Conor sounds like a man trying to convince himself he's still got it. He doesn't sound confident, he sounds like a caricature of his old self. It's uncomfortable to watch. It's not that Conor cant win, he obviously can as it's basically a pickem. But based on everything we know at this time, this fight being a pickem allows us a tremendous opportunity to make a great value bet on Dustin if you can cap him at 60%. And there's absolutely no reason you don't cap this fight that way..
    Well said and completely agree.

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

rooting for McGregor, but think Piorier

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Not watching UFC today when there is Brazil-Argentina. It's a blasphemy.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    Hey bud felt bad nobody reposted to your post

Best of luck!
    maybe it is because we have a thread that curtails multiple post about the same thing. Some guys just need a little more attention than others

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

I'm think Poirier subs him in the middle rounds after he weathers the storm and Conor gasses.
    I've got very similar thoughts on this one. Best of luck to us JP!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Oh man, this was a tough one to decide. But since Conor McGregor has been laying low and, I'm assuming, training and not acting like his "notorious" mischievous self, then I'm taking McGregor @ +105 winning another trilogy saga against Dustin Poirier.

The main card is loaded with "notorious" fighters (O'Malley and Hardy), and since it's a trilogy saga main event, let's make it a tripleheader picks:

I'll be in North Beach this weekend getting ready for an Italian party on Sunday!

I like Tai by finish at +150

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

in the 1st fight at 605 eastern with Hu, most all the outs have the over at 1.5 over 50.Heritage has it under 2.5-55, when they have been doing this this yr., it goes over the 1.5, but goes under the 2.5.also when Heritage does that as we get close to the fight they have been moving this back to the market price.......just something i thought i would put out here.gl tonite guys

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Good Luck Headster.

Like that Tai Tuisava pick for sure.

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Yeah, I'm just going w/ McGregor on what he used to do and not anything recently or as JP noted w/in 5 yrs. I'm just going with his marketing hype that he's bringing it to Poirier with everything he got. I got sold with his interview with Stephen A. Smith and might've bought a lemon.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

He hasn’t fought that much in the last 5 years, and nearly all of his fights have been against elite top level fighters better than Poirier.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    He hasn’t fought that much in the last 5 years, and nearly all of his fights have been against elite top level fighters better than Poirier.
    What? Khabib is better than Poirier. 2020 Cerrone, Alvarez, and Diaz are not even close man.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac should win real easy

He is ready this time

Headsterx

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Oh no, please don't pick McGregor.... ugh!

Come on moron, do the Notorious One a favor and pick Poirier.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Yeah I'm taking Poirier if Morino takes Conor. Not even going to think twice about it.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mac should win real easy

He is ready this time
    Bullshit!

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Yeah I'm taking Poirier if Morino takes Conor. Not even going to think twice about it.
    Best advice of the day.... 💡

Headsterx

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

Hu fight at 610 just got cancel

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Best advice of the day.... 
    Oh no, please don't pick McGregor.... ugh!

Come on moron, do the Notorious One a favor and pick Poirier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    What? Khabib is better than Poirier. 2020 Cerrone, Alvarez, and Diaz are not even close man.
    Khabib is better than Poirier. Dumb shits.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

If Mcgregor loses he is finished in ufc

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    If Mcgregor loses he is finished in ufc
    Depends on how he losses, a long tough fight then no.

Headsterx

Make $10 w/ O'Malley -1000

butterpecan
    butterpecan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 486

Stream link?

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2673

What are these guys getting paid by Dana on this?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I like Tai by finish at +150

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

CM gets embarrassed and loses bad. At this point he's just collecting checks.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Yikes

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Another shattered ankle/leg. Every other week

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Another shattered ankle/leg. Every other week
    Yeah, those kicks are turning out to be worse for kicker than the kickee.