1. #71
    KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 15,335
    Betpoints: 962

    Learned my lesson about the futility of this 76ers team the other night. Absolutely no grit anywhere on that roster. They deserved to lose.

  2. #72
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Maybe it wasn't Brett brown after all. About rdy to give up on Ben Simmons as a stud, guy was getting hack a shaqed and did worse than O'Neal
    It's not a coach bro. Coaches can't stop Lou Williams from scoring 15 in the 4th by himself. You gotta man up and stop him. You gotta make your free throws. No coach can do it for you. You make tens of millions of dollars. Do it. It's not rocket science. It doesn't require any x's and o's. Stop your man. Make your free throws.

  3. #73
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,310
    Betpoints: 5369

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It's not a coach bro. Coaches can't stop Lou Williams from scoring 15 in the 4th by himself. You gotta man up and stop him. You gotta make your free throws. No coach can do it for you. You make tens of millions of dollars. Do it. It's not rocket science. It doesn't require any x's and o's. Stop your man. Make your free throws.
    Thatís true but this same shit happened with Rivers last year and the Clippers. Itís hard to say thereís not a connection there

  4. #74
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 19,584
    Betpoints: 301

    I think coaches make a huge difference in college but in the NBA, you can't coach these divas. They make too much money

  5. #75
    Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 6,358
    Betpoints: 608

    Wow wtf happened? turned it off they were up 19 and i see the final score they lost!

  6. #76
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It's not a coach bro. Coaches can't stop Lou Williams from scoring 15 in the 4th by himself. You gotta man up and stop him. You gotta make your free throws. No coach can do it for you. You make tens of millions of dollars. Do it. It's not rocket science. It doesn't require any x's and o's. Stop your man. Make your free throws.
    The lineup doc rivers used to start the 4th was atrocious, 4 bench players and Harris who played like trash all night.

  7. #77
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Harris is a Max player?
    He gets nearly 40 million a year, max plus bird rights.

  8. #78
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 78,044
    Betpoints: 8894

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    I think coaches make a huge difference in college but in the NBA, you can't coach these divas. They make too much money
    That's true, when the players make more money then the coach that creates a diva dynamic unless the coach is maybe Phil Jackson or Popazit.

  9. #79
    Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-02-12
    Posts: 19,584
    Betpoints: 301

    Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, KC Jones, Chuck Daly... There were few but not in the modern NBA

    Even Pop, he couldn't coach Kawhi

  10. #80
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,310
    Betpoints: 5369

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The lineup doc rivers used to start the 4th was atrocious, 4 bench players and Harris who played like trash all night.
    Maybe so but in every single NBA loss fans media bloggers losing gamblers all complain about lineups. Throughout every single game check Twitter, every single fanbase hates all the lineups besides (usually) the starting five at all times haha. You canít play all your good players all the time. I think culture is ultimately what separates winning coaches from losing coaches and I donít think Doc is able to instill that.

    And I think thatís a tough job as others have pointed out because of the ďdivaĒ aspect as itís being called. And thatís a big reason why coaches turn over so much in the NBA.

  11. #81
    texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-05-09
    Posts: 9,310
    Betpoints: 5369

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Atlanta would shock some shit and with the markets not so skewed it would basically fool everyone.

    This is how UPSETS are built.

    Spread is fairly "sharp" for those with the square idea that books want to evenly split the money...lol.

    This is how UPSETS are built.



    Explain this a little more because Iíve also seen you say when the money is split and the line goes up faves will tend to cover, or at least I thought thatís what you said.

    Since you were on this idea of an upset and the game went the way it did Iím particularly intrigued in what you saw here

  12. #82
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The lineup doc rivers used to start the 4th was atrocious, 4 bench players and Harris who played like trash all night.
    Embiid Simmons Curry and Korkmaz subbed in with 10 min to go left in the 4th quarter. Embiid only sat out for about 3 minutes in the entire second half. Those guys lost the game, not Rivers.

  13. #83
    lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-02-09
    Posts: 92,181
    Betpoints: 3902

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Embiid Simmons Curry and Korkmaz subbed in with 10 min to go left in the 4th quarter. Embiid only sat out for about 3 minutes in the entire second half. Those guys lost the game, not Rivers.
    Bro you can say whatever you want. Rivers teams do this every place he goes. That's the common denominator. It happens to him so much. Philly fans will of course blame Simmons.

  14. #84
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Embiid Simmons Curry and Korkmaz subbed in with 10 min to go left in the 4th quarter. Embiid only sat out for about 3 minutes in the entire second half. Those guys lost the game, not Rivers.
    Too late. Atlanta scored the first 7 points of the quarter and had momentum, that lineup the 4th was the main reason they lost. Atlanta was rolling to start the quarter, and the run that started at the beginning of the quarter went all the way through the end of the game.

  15. #85
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Rivers also made no adjustments when Atlanta started to double team Embiid before he even got the ball which kept off the low block, this team has many issues, but Rivers is a dumb shit.

  16. #86
    Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-24-11
    Posts: 6,686
    Betpoints: 5234

    Never sit your top players during a playoff game.

    Hard mentally to sit thinking you're done and have to go back out there.

    Bad coach.

  17. #87
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro you can say whatever you want. Rivers teams do this every place he goes. That's the common denominator. It happens to him so much. Philly fans will of course blame Simmons.
    A coach doesn't play the game, I don't know what to tell you. Embiid and Curry and all the starters were in with 10 minutes left in the 4th. They were up 11 when they were subbed in. What do you want Rivers to do? Step on the court and hit a jumper?

    I'm not defending Rivers, but players win games, and they lose games. Embiid missed 2 clutch free throws with 10 seconds left in the game that could have cut it to 1. And then you foul and you never know what happens.

    Curry missed a 3 for the tie. Is that on Rivers?

    A great player would never lose a game that they're up 20. Even if they're up 11 with 10 min left, leading wire to wire, a great player never loses that game even if there is NO COACH on the sidelines.

  18. #88
    19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-09
    Posts: 16,946
    Betpoints: 8131

    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bro you can say whatever you want. Rivers teams do this every place he goes. That's the common denominator. It happens to him so much. Philly fans will of course blame Simmons.
    ~~~

    Rivers...Doctor of failure.
    NBA
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

  19. #89
    scorpion896
    scorpion896's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-05-20
    Posts: 2,743
    Betpoints: 2292

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    A coach doesn't play the game, I don't know what to tell you. Embiid and Curry and all the starters were in with 10 minutes left in the 4th. They were up 11 when they were subbed in. What do you want Rivers to do? Step on the court and hit a jumper?

    I'm not defending Rivers, but players win games, and they lose games. Embiid missed 2 clutch free throws with 10 seconds left in the game that could have cut it to 1. And then you foul and you never know what happens.

    Curry missed a 3 for the tie. Is that on Rivers?

    A great player would never lose a game that they're up 20. Even if they're up 11 with 10 min left, leading wire to wire, a great player never loses that game even if there is NO COACH on the sidelines.
    Are you being serious right now? This is ONE HUNDRED percent on coaching. Are you blind!?

  20. #90
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion896 View Post
    Are you being serious right now? This is ONE HUNDRED percent on coaching. Are you blind!?
    Go ahead then, tell us what you would have done. Philly up 11 when all their starters are in the game. 10 minutes to go. Explain to me how Doc Rivers steps on the court and plays defense.

  21. #91
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Go ahead then, tell us what you would have done. Philly up 11 when all their starters are in the game. 10 minutes to go. Explain to me how Doc Rivers steps on the court and plays defense.
    The 4th quarter run started because he had the wrong lineup on the floor at the beginning of the quarter, the run continued to the end of the game. He is a dumb shit.

  22. #92
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The 4th quarter run started because he had the wrong lineup on the floor at the beginning of the quarter, the run continued to the end of the game. He is a dumb shit.
    You're not answering the question. Embiid subbed out with 1 min to go in the 3rd. He came back with 10 min left in the 4th. He got 3 minutes of rest. Curry came back with 10 min left in the 4th. He barely got rest. These guys aren't KD, they're not capable of playing 48 minutes.

    76ers had an 11 point lead against a young inexperienced team, at home, in a building they rarely lose in, with the best player on the court having 30 points going into the 4th.

    And you're going to say Doc Rivers lost the game because he didn't put embiid in 30 seconds earlier?

    You make no sense. Say something that makes sense.

    76ers lost the game because Embiid let them lose the game. Because he's not a killer. It's as simple as that. A real killer would never lose that game to a young atlanta team.

  23. #93
    rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 22,331
    Betpoints: 5282

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Go ahead then, tell us what you would have done. Philly up 11 when all their starters are in the game. 10 minutes to go. Explain to me how Doc Rivers steps on the court and plays defense.
    Korkmaz was not in the game but probably needed Thybulle for defense with no Green.

  24. #94
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You're not answering the question. Embiid subbed out with 1 min to go in the 3rd. He came back with 10 min left in the 4th. He got 3 minutes of rest. Curry came back with 10 min left in the 4th. He barely got rest. These guys aren't KD, they're not capable of playing 48 minutes.

    76ers had an 11 point lead against a young inexperienced team, at home, in a building they rarely lose in, with the best player on the court having 30 points going into the 4th.

    And you're going to say Doc Rivers lost the game because he didn't put embiid in 30 seconds earlier?

    You make no sense. Say something that makes sense.
    That’s now how basketball works. I when you give a team confidence and let them go on a run to start the 4th like he did because the lineup he is on the floor was complete trash, it’s too late, momentum had turned.

  25. #95
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Korkmaz was not in the game but probably needed Thybulle for defense with no Green.
    The problem wasn’t defense, it was offense, Ben took 4 shots and Harris was trash.

  26. #96
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    That’s now how basketball works. I when you give a team confidence and let them go on a run to start the 4th like he did because the lineup he is on the floor was complete trash, it’s too late, momentum had turned.
    So your solution is to play his star center, who has a partial meniscus tear, and weighs almost 300 pounds, all 24 minutes in the second half.

    Please tell me more about how basketball works.

    Tobias makes 150 million dollars. He had 4 points. Is that coaching?

    This is the fukking NBA. Not high school basketball.

  27. #97
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    So your solution is to play his star center, who has a partial meniscus tear, and weighs almost 300 pounds, all 24 minutes in the second half.

    Please tell me more about how basketball works.

    Tobias makes 150 million dollars. He had 4 points. Is that coaching?

    This is the fukking NBA. Not high school basketball.
    No, Here my solution.

    The main reason Philadelphia lost was the lineup that start led the 4tht quarter was trash, 1 starter who was 2-7 from the field and 4 bad bench players.

    Atlanta went on a run of 7-0 to start the quarter because of this trash lineup and that forced dumb Rivers to put Embiid in too early, Embiid didn’t get enough rest to start the 4th because Atlanta went on a run to start the quarter against that trash ohilly lineup Doc put on the floor.

    The solution is to put a good lineup on the floor to start the 4th, like Simmons and Harris, or Simmons and Curry with bench players.

    Harris was trash all game, putting him on the floor as the only starter with 4 bench players was dumb and it’s the main reason Philly lost the game.

  28. #98
    Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-24-10
    Posts: 25,619
    Betpoints: 2611

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    No, Here my solution.

    The main reason Philadelphia lost was the lineup that start led the 4tht quarter was trash, 1 starter who was 2-7 from the field and 4 bad bench players.

    Atlanta went on a run of 7-0 to start the quarter because of this trash lineup and that forced dumb Rivers to put Embiid in too early, Embiid didn’t get enough rest to start the 4th because Atlanta went on a run to start the quarter against that trash ohilly lineup Doc put on the floor.

    The solution is to put a good lineup on the floor to start the 4th, like Simmons and Harris, or Simmons and Curry with bench players.

    Harris was trash all game, putting him on the floor as the only starter with 4 bench players was dumb and it’s the main reason Philly lost the game.
    And Simmons was trash all game as well. You could put whatever lineup you want on the floor, if you don't make your shots and play defense, the result would be the same.

    You got your wish and Philly had an 11 point lead AT HOME in the 4th quarter in a must win game, and the PLAYERS choked. Embiid choked. Harris choked. And Simmons choked. Choked hard.

    I don't care who you are, NBA players are grown men, if you don't play defense in the 4th quarter of an NBA playoff game, you're going to lose the game everytime. And the coach isn't gonna play defense for you. The coach shouldn't need to motivate you. The coach shouldn't need to give you a pep talk.

    This is not college basketball. This is the fukking NBA, where every player makes tens of millions of dollars a year.

    Man the fukk up and look in the mirror.

    Everyone has been saying Tyrone Lou is the worst coach and Quinn Snyder is some genius.

    Coaching does not fukking matter.

    Why do you think Popovic hasn't and will never win a title without Duncan?

    End of thread.

  29. #99
    Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-04-09
    Posts: 46,199
    Betpoints: 8813

    Simmons, Harris and Embiid were like 1-15 in the last 2 fourth quarters. That is fukkking awful. Maybe they need to go to their bench in crunch time because their stars are mental midgets when it counts most. Simmons doesn't even want to touch the ball because he knows he'll have to shoot free throws. Embiid looks like he's ready to start crying again. Harris is MIA.

  30. #100
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    And Simmons was trash all game as well. You could put whatever lineup you want on the floor, if you don't make your shots and play defense, the result would be the same.

    You got your wish and Philly had an 11 point lead AT HOME in the 4th quarter in a must win game, and the PLAYERS choked. Embiid choked. Harris choked. And Simmons choked. Choked hard.

    I don't care who you are, NBA players are grown men, if you don't play defense in the 4th quarter of an NBA playoff game, you're going to lose the game everytime. And the coach isn't gonna play defense for you. The coach shouldn't need to motivate you. The coach shouldn't need to give you a pep talk.

    This is not college basketball. This is the fukking NBA, where every player makes tens of millions of dollars a year.

    Man the fukk up and look in the mirror.

    Everyone has been saying Tyrone Lou is the worst coach and Quinn Snyder is some genius.

    Coaching does not fukking matter.

    Why do you think Popovic hasn't and will never win a title without Duncan?

    End of thread.
    Simmons wasn’t trash at all, he had 9 assists, he wasn’t great but he wasn’t trash either.

    Harris was complete and total trash, and having him and 4 bench players on the floor to start the game is the primary reason Philadelphia lost the game.

  31. #101
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 45,848

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Simmons, Harris and Embiid were like 1-15 in the last 2 fourth quarters. That is fukkking awful. Maybe they need to go to their bench in crunch time because their stars are mental midgets when it counts most. Simmons doesn't even want to touch the ball because he knows he'll have to shoot free throws. Embiid looks like he's ready to start crying again. Harris is MIA.
    Simmons and Harris struggled to score the whole game, but Simmons want trash like Harris was, Simmons still impacted the game with his 9 assists, Harris was a complete zero.

    The problem is Embiid didn’t get enough rest to start the 4th and he ran out of gas.

  32. #102
    MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-08
    Posts: 8,087
    Betpoints: 5031

    damn , not a pleasure to see such a collapse live

  33. #103
    nickfolker23
    kickers ;(
    nickfolker23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-27-20
    Posts: 429
    Betpoints: 132

    Looked like a good prediction, until Trae Young got going late... Game 6 is the last one?

  34. #104
    Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 6,358
    Betpoints: 608

    Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    76ers do not cover the # imo . But ik nada in NBA GL LB if your on them
    meltdown?

  35. #105
    unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-22-14
    Posts: 8,238
    Betpoints: 13503

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Simmons and Harris struggled to score the whole game, but Simmons want trash like Harris was, Simmons still impacted the game with his 9 assists, Harris was a complete zero.

    The problem is Embiid didn’t get enough rest to start the 4th and he ran out of gas.
    The problem is you bet Philly

First 1234 Last
Top