1. #106
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    I would understand if BetOnline stated that they were merely waiting for the NBA to complete the season without reaching 80 games in order to grade the bets, but they aren't. Their responses are very inadequate. No answers as to why the TOS had the language of 80 games deleted. Multiple responses stating that they are waiting of the NBA to 'make a decision'.

    This book has consistently failed me when it comes to operating as a Sportsbook. Any competent manager could handle these issues seamlessly.

  2. #107
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 19,252
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    I would understand if BetOnline stated that they were merely waiting for the NBA to complete the season without reaching 80 games in order to grade the bets, but they aren't. Their responses are very inadequate. No answers as to why the TOS had the language of 80 games deleted. Multiple responses stating that they are waiting of the NBA to 'make a decision'.

    This book has consistently failed me when it comes to operating as a Sportsbook. Any competent manager could handle these issues seamlessly.
    Agree the books keep saying that they don’t want to make a decision and then have the nba say their are division winners after the decision has been made. They don’t seem to understand that not all the teams have played the same amount of games and the league has no logical reason to care about who wins divisions since it doesn’t impact who makes the playoffs and their is no home court advantage.

  3. #108
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    I know this is an NBA thread but betonline not grading NHL division wagers at this time is truly mind boggling. They had a rule on the book that 77 games need to be played. The NHL announced their regular season over well over a month ago with every team playing less than 77 games. Appears cut and dry. No explanation from anyone. Its weird. What are they thinking?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  4. #109
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 19,252
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I know this is an NBA thread but betonline not grading NHL division wagers at this time is truly mind boggling. They had a rule on the book that 77 games need to be played. The NHL announced their regular season over well over a month ago with every team playing less than 77 games. Appears cut and dry. No explanation from anyone. Its weird. What are they thinking?
    I didn’t know betonline hasn’t graded nhl divisional futures, every book I’m aware of already has. Mason is being an idiot betonline will lose customers long term and as you said the nhl has made clear what they are doing in the play in the postseason.

  5. #110
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    I know this is an NBA thread but betonline not grading NHL division wagers at this time is truly mind boggling. They had a rule on the book that 77 games need to be played. The NHL announced their regular season over well over a month ago with every team playing less than 77 games. Appears cut and dry. No explanation from anyone. Its weird. What are they thinking?
    you are spamming this every time there is a new post in this thread as well as others. it is an NBA thread. there is already well dedicated NHL threads for your topic, bump those.

  6. #111
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    I didn’t know betonline hasn’t graded nhl divisional futures, every book I’m aware of already has. Mason is being an idiot betonline will lose customers long term and as you said the nhl has made clear what they are doing in the play in the postseason.
    this will definitely happen. at the very least they will lose action. I generally slow down quite a bit when things like this go down, doesn't matter how dedicated I was to the book, to whatever degree I lose dedication is costing them. for the moment I am not redepositing on BetOnline, whereas if I were to be paid not only would I be putting that money directly back into circulation (which I might not even do now if I get paid), and I am going to be less likely to want to redeposit with them in the future.

  7. #112
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    you are spamming this every time there is a new post in this thread as well as others. it is an NBA thread. there is already well dedicated NHL threads for your topic, bump those.
    A website ignoring a rule in 1 sport, is likely directly related to their future attempt to ignore a nearly identical rule in another sport.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  8. #113
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,010
    Betpoints: 437

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    you are spamming this every time there is a new post in this thread as well as others. it is an NBA thread. there is already well dedicated NHL threads for your topic, bump those.
    You don't like it when someone posts irrelevant garbage in your thread, huh? Maybe you should practice what you preach.

  9. #114
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    A website ignoring a rule in 1 sport, is likely directly related to their future attempt to ignore a nearly identical rule in another sport.
    I get that you're frustrated. It is just every post made in this thread is followed with you asking 'what about NHL?". With no new information being added.

    There is a thread(s) dedicated to figuring out what is going on with the NHL ones.

  10. #115
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    You don't like it when someone posts irrelevant garbage in your thread, huh? Maybe you should practice what you preach.
    I feel so bad for you. To spend all day long here pontificating and arguing with people. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope you get a life.

    This isn't 'my thread'. This is an NBA futures thread. I am interested in getting issues settled. NBA ones in NBA thread make sense to me as does NHL in NHL. Anyone can post what they want, and it doesn't bother me in the least. It might be harmful to the thread though, you know all about that. On that note, I will not respond again to you in it as that is all that happens from doing so.
    Last edited by RedApples; 07-15-20 at 05:17 PM.

  11. #116
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    I get that you're frustrated. It is just every post made in this thread is followed with you asking 'what about NHL?". With no new information being added.

    There is a thread(s) dedicated to figuring out what is going on with the NHL ones.
    If you cant see how they are directly related, I dont know what to tell you!

    And every day an A book refuses to grade completed wagers according to their rules, its news.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  12. #117
    RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-18
    Posts: 381
    Betpoints: 869

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    If you cant see how they are directly related, I dont know what to tell you!

    And every day an A book refuses to grade completed wagers according to their rules, its news.
    Oh I get it completely. Thats why it made some sense the first few times it was brought into the conversation. But that information has already been added and nothing new has been added. Only you asking every time the topic has been brought up what has happened with the NHL ones? Again, that question is better in the NHL thread. Why even have both threads if they are the same topic?

    I've been doing my best to add new information in regard to the NBA ones in this thread.

    I've said my peace. Lets do our best to add new information rather than pontificate and complain about BetOnline not paying out wagers from other sports when there are other threads dedicated to that point.

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post

    And what is their reason for not cancelling nhl wagers?

  13. #118
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,007

    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Have made some investments on NBA futures as well. The big thing in my mind would be the venue change. Playing at an entirely different venue for the playoffs (1 or 2 sites only) should have a big impact. Home court advantage throughout the playoffs does not mean anything now either. If anything, this might drive more "hedging" possibly? 5dimes is taking a wait and see approach. If indeed the venue does change to one of two sites, I think a refund of bets will be in order.
    While I understand your stance it wonít happen.

  14. #119
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    Oh I get it completely. Thats why it made some sense the first few times it was brought into the conversation. But that information has already been added and nothing new has been added. Only you asking every time the topic has been brought up what has happened with the NHL ones? Again, that question is better in the NHL thread. Why even have both threads if they are the same topic?

    I've been doing my best to add new information in regard to the NBA ones in this thread.

    I've said my peace. Lets do our best to add new information rather than pontificate and complain about BetOnline not paying out wagers from other sports when there are other threads dedicated to that point.
    What is allowed in your thread? just nba division wagers?conference future questions are off point? regular season wins? player stats? please let us know what you feel is relevant and what is off limits.

    What if someone had a wager on who will host game 1 of the nba finals. Will Orlando be the winner if the lakers are the home team? Can that be asked here?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  15. #120
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,010
    Betpoints: 437

    Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    I feel so bad for you. To spend all day long here pontificating and arguing with people. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope you get a life.

    This isn't 'my thread'. This is an NBA futures thread. I am interested in getting issues settled. NBA ones in NBA thread make sense to me as does NHL in NHL. Anyone can post what they want, and it doesn't bother me in the least. It might be harmful to the thread though, you know all about that. On that note, I will not respond again to you in it as that is all that happens from doing so.
    Just pointing out the irony. That's all. Instead of lashing out, maybe you should keep it in mind for next time.

  16. #121
    soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-16
    Posts: 19
    Betpoints: 266

    What's going on with this? I have some substantial bucks division wagers at 5D and still nothing. Mathematically over but they won't grade it. Will it be graded on Thursday? What if NBA never officially Announces winners?

  17. #122
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by soobv View Post
    What's going on with this? I have some substantial bucks division wagers at 5D and still nothing. Mathematically over but they won't grade it. Will it be graded on Thursday? What if NBA never officially Announces winners?
    5dimes set precedent with their nhl wagers that I would assume they will grade the nba divisions out (based on the standings) barring a specific announcement from the league that divsions dont have winners this year. Betonline on the other hand......
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  18. #123
    eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 1,130
    Betpoints: 48

    Hmm. At 5Dimes I have a tiny bet on the Raptors +675. Sounds like my wager will likely be refunded.

  19. #124
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by eastvan09 View Post
    Hmm. At 5Dimes I have a tiny bet on the Raptors +675. Sounds like my wager will likely be refunded.
    What makes you think refund?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  20. #125
    Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-06-14
    Posts: 700
    Betpoints: 1661

    Why the hell is 5dimes taking so long to make an announcement?

  21. #126
    bubba
    bubba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-29-05
    Posts: 2,384
    Betpoints: 408

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    Why the hell is 5dimes taking so long to make an announcement?
    They graded NHL and are waiting for the nba regualr season to end. They took a while for NHL but at this point what do you want them to announce?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/03/2020


  22. #127
    eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 1,130
    Betpoints: 48

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    What makes you think refund?
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what will happen. I just spoke to 5Dimes customer service and they said there is no minimum number of games for a division winner future to be valid. So if the Raps are 1st in the Atlantic after the seeding games, will the NBA declare the Raps the division winner?

  23. #128
    soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-16
    Posts: 19
    Betpoints: 266

    So we need to wait for the warmup games to be over for 5d to grade divisions?

  24. #129
    Ballin24
    Ballin24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-06-14
    Posts: 700
    Betpoints: 1661

    Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    They graded NHL and are waiting for the nba regualr season to end. They took a while for NHL but at this point what do you want them to announce?
    Ya but some divisions like Milwaukee are already clinched and the 8 games donít matter. They should already have graded those bets by now.

  25. #130
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,010
    Betpoints: 437

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin24 View Post
    Ya but some divisions like Milwaukee are already clinched and the 8 games don’t matter. They should already have graded those bets by now.
    It's not uncommon for books to wait until the end of the season rather than grading futures as they clinch. When you bet them, you really should assume they're locked in until the end. Anything earlier is gravy.

  26. #131
    soobv
    Update your status
    soobv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-31-16
    Posts: 19
    Betpoints: 266

    5dimes has always graded when clinched in prior years.

  27. #132
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 1,010
    Betpoints: 437

    I've bet many 5Dimes futures. You're correct that they usually grade upon clinch, but not always. And the point is that they don't have to. With offshores, always assume worst case and you'll never be disappointed

  28. #133
    eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 1,130
    Betpoints: 48

    Sounds good. 5D graded my season futures before the season ended. Since GSW wins under and GSW to miss the playoffs were early winners.

First 1234
Top