stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

What are the total number of flu deaths from January 1 thru today?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    What are the total number of flu deaths from January 1 thru today?

Just take the average per year and divide by 3 (291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide per year)

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    here's what we know so far

govt/media said nyc would need 100,000 beds... that changed to 10,000 beds
    wisconsin was gonna have 2,000 deaths... oh wait that's 200

everything was 90% bullshit from the start, and we're still supposed to believe the guys that intentionally exaggerated everything?

THE HOSPITALS ARE FUKKING EMPTY, WHAT DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT, REPEAT THAT AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY
    Elective surgeries were all banned too. penetrate all the hospitals for caving to that bullshit. They now want a federal teeeeet bailout. Want to suck that government nipple. penetrate them

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Just take the average per year and divide by 3
    Difficult math. They are counting “suspected corona deaths” as corona. Irregardless if the deceased was tested at all

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

here's what we know so far

govt/media said nyc would need 100,000 beds... that changed to 10,000 beds
    wisconsin was gonna have 2,000 deaths... oh wait that's 200

everything was 90% bullshit from the start, and we're still supposed to believe the guys that intentionally exaggerated everything?

THE HOSPITALS ARE FUKKING EMPTY, WHAT DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT, REPEAT THAT AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY
    Right and if the hospitals were overflowing and people dying on the floor like they were in other countries, you'd be screaming the opposite - why didn't we do something? Are we a first world country? FUKK YOU OBAMACARE!!!!!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    The human race is 'what a joke', including me. We're all fukin nutz. Ya like to think you may know more or are smarter than the next human. We're all self centered, non caring, what about me..individuals. The only difference between one or the other is we've lived a little different suffering. In the end, we're all just wanting somebody to think we're superior or may know more or are smarter. And, guess what, you're not. None of us are getting out alive in the end and down the road, not long from now, Nobody will think anything about you...or me. We're nothing but a lot less than a dust particle in the universe. Who gives a fuk....
    amen brother

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I think we should at least Follow President Trump's Criteria in the Guidelines for reopening...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/

CASES

Downward trajectory of documented cases within a 14-day periodORDownward trajectory of positive tests as a percent of total tests within a 14-day period (flat or increasing volume of tests)
    Here's where we stand on just that criteria as of now

StateDays of Decreasing Cases
    NY6
    VT3
    ND3
    MO3
    WV2
    TN2
    OH2
    NC2
    MS2
    MN2
    IN2
    HI2
    DE2
    WI1
    UT1
    NE1
    MD1
    LA1
    KY1
    KS1
    CT1
    WY0
    WA0
    VA0
    TX0
    SD0
    SC0
    RI0
    PA0
    OR0
    OK0
    NV0
    NM0
    NJ0
    NH0
    MT0
    MI0
    ME0
    MA0
    IL0
    ID0
    IA0
    GA0
    FL0
    DC0
    CO0
    CA0
    AZ0
    AR0
    AL0
    AK0
    Last Updated: 04/21/20 21:00:24 CT
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap, and mezmurized2

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    The human race is 'what a joke', including me. We're all fukin nutz. Ya like to think you may know more or are smarter than the next human. We're all self centered, non caring, what about me..individuals. The only difference between one or the other is we've lived a little different suffering. In the end, we're all just wanting somebody to think we're superior or may know more or are smarter. And, guess what, you're not. None of us are getting out alive in the end and down the road, not long from now, Nobody will think anything about you...or me. We're nothing but a lot less than a dust particle in the universe. Who gives a fuk....

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29826

Dr. Fauci and his band of merry men wrote this for the New England Journal of Medicine late last month. They had already realized at that point that the severity of this "pandemic" was being overblown and the potential "death toll" numbers were being greatly exaggerated.

"If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.
    H. Clifford Lane, M.D.
    Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Dr. Fauci another paranoid fool IMO. Not sure why Trump is still having him on staff? He's not helping in reducing the media paranoia of Corona to the masses.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Dr. Fauci and the President of the United Sates are on the same Corona Task Force. Team members.
    Donald Trump told supporters at a rally in New Hampshire that the virus will be gone by April, claiming that when temperatures rise, “the virus” will “miraculously” go away.

The team was wrong!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Dr. Fauci and the President of the United Sates are on the same Corona Task Force. Team members.
    Donald Trump told supporters at a rally in New Hampshire that the virus will be gone by April, claiming that when temperatures rise, “the virus” will “miraculously” go away.

The team was wrong!
    Corona will never go away, Economy should open and Trump is pushing for that regardless.. I totally agree with that. April is not over yet!!!!

Governors in control of STATES and are feeling the pressure now!!! People need their freedoms and lively hoods back and are willing to die for it if need be..

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    I plan to. I don't look at MAY as simply going back to the way things were. I'm looking at it being time to start getting are freedoms back and everyday lifestyle back to at lease a certain degree... people going back to work and supporting their local small businesses again. Getting out of the house to do what you want to do, being responsible of course and respecting the social distancing angle for a while... definitely not being quarantined and shut down.

Our way of life is certainly going to change forever from this chinese flu, but I am not going to run from it in fear because I am not afraid. Many others aren't either, and those that are... fine, I don't have anything against your feelings of discomfort, I actually want a return to normal as quickly as possible so people can start to not be afraid anymore.
    Same way I feel. Corona is gonna be here whether we go back in May or July. At a certain point the cure is worse than the virus.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Corona will never go away, Economy should open and Trump is pushing for that regardless.. I totally agree with that.

We should follow HIS guidelines

14 days of decreasing cases is first on his list to accomplish

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

with the death rate falling to that of the common flu, and the average age of the dead being eighty-fukkin-four, cnn, msnbc, abc, nbc, and cbs and the democrats and the liberals and the globalists are going to have to go back to the well, or to the bottom of the fake news barrell, to scrape up yet another bullshit narrative to try and derail the Trump Train......

h1n1 is owning coronavirus as far as total world wide deaths and death rate at this point......

good thing we wrecked the economy back in 2009 as well, .... uh.... wait..... oh yeah

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You guys dumb mother fukkers

The rates are low because the world is shut down

Millions would of died without the shut down
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave jjgold 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eSTOXX

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

one good thing about the coronavirus

it sure seems to be a great cure for pneumonia, heart attacks, and old age... since nobody has been dying of that stuff recently

anyone see the hot mic at the coronavirus briefing? even the people telling us to be scared to death are laughing behind our backs and saying it's mostly bs. just like they were when we were being laughed at for being gullible enough to believe that iraq was hiding all those wmd.

same thing, NOT ONE MAJOR NEWS NETWORK has apologized for intentionally lying to get us into all these forever wars, and i'm quite sure not one of them will apologize for spreading irrational fear yet again

never forget that these scumbag journalists LAUGHED about sending our sons and daughters to die over lies.

Points Awarded:

b1slickguy gave milwaukee mike 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: b1slickguy

mezmurized2
    Update your status
    mezmurized2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

According to mathematical statistics, the flu is more contagious, but Covid is more deadly:...
    Correctamundos, sir.

COVID-19 is waaaaaaaaay more deadly!

As others have pointed out,
    today has already 45,075 deaths and still rising at 1500 more per day
    after less than 2 months (since the first reported death on US soil) and
    DESPITE tough mitigation measures (shelter at home)
    which have slowed the spread and kept the death toll much lower!

According to CDC stats: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
    the US avergaes about 38,000 deaths each year from common influenza.
    That's over 12 months however, not merely 2 months, and there are NO
    shelter-in-place or facemask measures required for common influenza to slow the spread.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

If somehow, someway, every single person stayed home, and the virus eventually had no more bodies to latch onto, would the virus eventually go away, or can it live permanently in water, plants, etc, therefore not going anywhere?

Anyone know the answer to this?

milwaukee mike

for the ones that think nobody is gonna starve to death... starve 130 million people just to save a few old people from dying (and there's no proof that lockdowns do any good whatsoever).

David Beasley is the head of the UN’s World Food Program, and on Tuesday he warned that we could actually see famines of “biblical proportions” by the end of this calendar year. The following comes from ABC News
    The coronavirus pandemic could soon double hunger, causing famines of “biblical proportions” around the world by the end of the year, the head of the World Food Programme, David Beasley, told the U.N. Security Council on Tuesday.
    Beasley warned that analysis from the World Food Programme, the U.N.’s food-assistance branch, shows that because of the coronavirus, “an additional 130 million people could be pushed to the brink of starvation by the end of 2020.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    a person with the flu infects 1.3 other ppl on average. something like measles is around 12-18. the corona virus has just been slowed by social distancing and has not had as much time as the flu to become prevalent in our population.
    That would appear to be the case.
    Ergo, it follows logically, that if social distancing, shelter-at-home, masks etc,
    were NOT implimented to begin with, OR, would soon be relaxed to a large degree,
    then the number of cases and resulting deaths would surely rise....and it is already
    at levels far worse than the common influenza...almost 1500 new deaths daily
    despite stay-at-home restrictions and/or social-distancing, etc

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13778

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    More than 1-2 million?
    That model number was a joke

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    you can't do a comparison like that

Unless we had #'s from a year of Flu where we had stay at home orders or
    #'s from a year of Covid with NO stay at home orders, masks, social distancing.

Its too big of a Variable to allow any comparisons using statistics.

What we do have are the R naught #'s, and this is where people hear the word exponential but don't understand it (which is disappointing here for gamblers that should have decent math skills)

Covid 2.2
    Flu 1.3

So if the Flu gets passed from me to my avg of 1.3 people, and they pass it on the their avgs of 1.3 people and so and so on.

at the end of 10 rounds of it being passed.

My Flu, resulted in about 14 cases of the Flu total

If I have Covid19 and pass it on to the 2.3 people on avg, and they pass it on to 2.3 people on avg and so and so on

at the end of 10 rounds of passing

My Covid results in 9,528 cases of Covid total
    Very well stated, and should be easy enough for everyone to understand.
    And that's just the spread.
    Then there's the whole issue of how virulent (deadly) this virus is when it gets a hold of certain people.

But even for those who won't die from it there is yet another issue:
    the actual severity of the resulting gawdawful 1-3 weeks sickness!
    (where of course you are quarantined and OFF work, losing a paycheck)

We've all suffered a flu before. I'm sure we all agree it SUCKS!
    Well, some who are infected with this show no symptoms and aren't aware they have it,
    yet go around blissfully infecting hundreds of others who may not be so lucky.
    But with the common flu we know when we have it and can avoid spreading to others.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Even if you take away the social distancing the Covid infections (likely) wouldn't reach the estimated 1 Billion per year the flu does.
    Probably true.
    But because it is much more virulent, it would kill waaaay more than the flu.
    Wwe have that proof here already....45,075 and counting, despite shelter-in-place
    and social distancing measures, in less than 2 months!

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

Gaslighting

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    That model number was a joke
    That was the "do nothing" number, and was certainly low.

mezmurized2
    Update your status

I understand a large majority of the deaths involve those who are already sickly.

But that shouldn't mean they should automatically be issued a death sentence just because this virus came along and everyone else wants to move on.
    Agreed.
    AND not just "sickly" are at risk, per se.
    Normal, HEALTHY individuals - many of who are fit or athletes - may have an
    underlying condition that will put them at elevated risk to COVID-19.
    ASTHMA.

Asthma is an Underlying Condition that
    Can Increase Your Risk of Complications

According to the CDC, asthma is one of the underlying conditions that could increase the risk of someone developing a serious case of COVID-19. The CDC specifically notes that people at higher risk include “people with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma.”

If you have asthma, you should take the risk of coronavirus exposure seriously, the CDC notes.

Source: https://heavy.com/news/2020/03/coron...risk-covid-19/

How Common Is Asthma in USA?

• More than 25 million Americans have asthma. This is 7.7 percent of adults and 8.4 percent of children. Asthma has been increasing since the early 1980s in all age, sex and racial groups.2
    • Asthma is more common in adult women than adult men.1
    • African-Americans in the U.S. die from asthma at a higher rate than people of other races or ethnicities.3
    • More than 11.4 million people with asthma, including more than 3 million children, report having had one or more asthma episodes or attacks in 2017.4
    • Asthma is the leading chronic disease in children.5
    • Asthma is more common in children than adults.1
    • Asthma is more common in boys than girls.4
    • Currently, there are about 6.2 million children under the age of 18 with asthma.6
    • In 2017, 1 in 12 children had asthma.7
    • It is the top reason for missed school days. In 2013, about 13.8 million missed school days were reported due to asthma.6

Source: https://www.aafa.org/asthma-facts/

mezmurized2
    Update your status

But again if you see my post above, it's too early to know the long-term effects of this virus

Nobody is gonna starve and it is not going to kill anyone to just stay home a little bit longer until we know for sure it's safe to move on
    Agreed.

It SUCKS mind you....but I have to agree.

I think it is Jibby who has repeated often a message that has some merit.
    I think the gist is more or less summed like this:
    We need somehow to isolate (for now anyway) or recommend isolation
    to those at elevated risk from COVID-19 -- which includes the 25 million
    Americans with ASTHMA....
    Then give the choice to others to phase in a movement back to work & play while:

a) FREE government testing!! to learn if we have the virus unknowingly, OR if we HAD the virus unknowingly but now we have helpful antibodies inside us
    b) being responsible and isolating ourselves if we are discovered to be infectious (from testing!!) even if we don't feel sick and show no symptoms,
    c) STRICT social-distancing and masks and gloves in public until we get a working vaccine!
    This is required so that, even after a negative test, we want to be sure we won't contract
    the disease TOMORROW - and never know we have it - and thus become Typhoid Marys
    Last edited by mezmurized2; 04-22-20 at 12:11 PM.

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You guys dumb mother fukkers

The rates are low because the world is shut down

Millions would of died without the shut down

Yep... not sure why people choose to ignore this fact...

mezmurized2
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    We should follow HIS guidelines

14 days of decreasing cases is first on his list to accomplish
    Fair enough.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by mezmurized2 View Post
    Agreed.

It SUCKS mind you....but I have to agree.

I think it is Jibby who has repeated often a message that has some merit.
    I think the gist is more or less summed like this:
    We need somehow to isolate (for now anyway) or recommend isolation
    to those at elevated risk from COVID-19 -- which includes the 25 million
    Americans with ASTHMA....
    Then give the choice to others to phase in a movement back to work & play while:

a) FREE government testing!! to learn if we have the virus unknowingly, OR if we HAD the virus unknowingly but now we have helpful antibodies inside us
    b) being responsible and isolating ourselves if we are discovered to be infectious (from testing!!)
    even if we don't feel sick and show no symptoms, c) STRICT social-distancing and masks and gloves in public until we get a working vaccine!
    This is required so that, even after a negative test, we want to be sure we won't contract
    the disease TOMORROW - and never know we have it - and thus become Typhoid Marys
    and then what do we do next year when there's another virus? and 2022/2023/etc?

we already had sars, h1n1, ebola, etc etc just recently... guess what we got through it, and nobody in the usa got a vaccine for ebola

viruses come and go, it's no big deal, old sick people die (shocker!), nobody would wear a mask or care about being 6 feet apart if the media didn't intentionally scare everyone to death for their own agendas

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29826

one good thing about the coronavirus

it sure seems to be a great cure for pneumonia, heart attacks, and old age... since nobody has been dying of that stuff recently

anyone see the hot mic at the coronavirus briefing? even the people telling us to be scared to death are laughing behind our backs and saying it's mostly bs. just like they were when we were being laughed at for being gullible enough to believe that iraq was hiding all those wmd.

same thing, NOT ONE MAJOR NEWS NETWORK has apologized for intentionally lying to get us into all these forever wars, and i'm quite sure not one of them will apologize for spreading irrational fear yet again

never forget that these scumbag journalists LAUGHED about sending our sons and daughters to die over lies.

Gulf of Tonkin, Libya and Gaddafi, Iraq's WMDs, Afghanistan, sarin gassing in Syria, etc. All lies and propaganda to sway perception and gain public approval to take offensive actions on innocent people. Why anyone would continue to believe the MSM is beyond me. These wars only line the pockets of the military industrial complex and the world banking cartels. The men and women in our armed services who were injured or killed in these wars weren't defending our freedom, but were used as disposable pawns for enabling greed and control.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

What's the point of isolating everyone at home and shutting down the entire economy like it is now if Corona will never go away and eventually come back at some point again and again? That makes no sense at all to me!! This Corona virus is gonna linger for years probably.

I understand the importance of social distancing and wearing masks as that should continue for now, but we should not be forced to stay at home and shut down ALL non essential businesses in our Country!!!

Media panic over blown with Corona..

Rain Chains
    Rain Chains's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 153

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What's the point of isolating everyone at home and shutting down the entire economy like it is now if Corona will never go away and eventually come back at some point again and again? That makes no sense at all to me!! This Corona virus is gonna linger for years probably.

I understand the importance of social distancing and wearing masks as that should continue for now, but we should not be forced to stay at home and shut down ALL non essential businesses in our Country!!!

Media panic over blown with Corona..
    I tend to agree. As the USC type antibody study is expanded to other areas, I believe similar results will be found.

The death rate may very well be .1-.3%, while still sad for those who have died, 99.7-99.9% of us will survive.

milwaukee mike

2017-18 flu season had 45 million illnesses and 80,000 deaths in the US

does this chart look familiar to 2019-2020 flu/coronavirus season? we've all been duped

https://gilad.online/writings/2020/4...om-of-covid-19

First 12345 Last