jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakers much better than Clips

No comparison

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I have to agree with this.. AD is a really good young talent though. Kusma is young and on his way up as well..

Lebron, Boogie, and even Green getting long in the tooth. Lakers do have 3 good shooters now.. Point guard play is still lacking though, that's the one glaring weakness I still see when it's playoff time. Cook and Pope, come on man!!!
    Bron gonna run the point anyways, just need a guy who can shoot in that spot. Bron will be the offensive creator.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    oh, thanks Jibs. I have no tv and cant keep up with shit.

I honestly think he's gonna be pretty good next year

Dude never had much of a vertical so thats not huge for him, now he has all off season to rehab and work on his game

Excited to see him next year
    Kraken no need to give me 200 points.. Thanks bud.. I'll remember that..

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5354

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Lakers have built a team that would have been great 5 years ago. The Clippers have built a team that should be great right now.
    No. Lebron is still great. Also ad is great too. If cousins cones in healthy. Also if they pick up iguidola. Lakers are stacked. Pretty evenly matched imo.

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Bron gonna run the point anyways, just need a guy who can shoot in that spot. Bron will be the offensive creator.
    Will be ibteresting to know stsrting lineup. Point guard bron, shooting guard green, small forward kuzma, power forward davis and center cousins. Would be beastly!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    No. Lebron is still great. Also ad is great too. If cousins cones in healthy. Also if they pick up iguidola. Lakers are stacked. Pretty evenly matched imo.
    Just gotta lot of health concerns. I don’t think so much bron like some suggest, I expect him to be tip top after a year w way more rest than normal. It AD and cousins who big concerns imo, neither has shown ability to stay healthy for full seasons much.

Demonata

Just gotta lot of health concerns. I don’t think so much bron like some suggest, I expect him to be tip top after a year w way more rest than normal. It AD and cousins who big concerns imo, neither has shown ability to stay healthy for full seasons much.
    Ad is in fine health and most nba players don't play full seasons. He had a sprained finger so he should be fine lol.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Will be ibteresting to know stsrting lineup. Point guard bron, shooting guard green, small forward kuzma, power forward davis and center cousins. Would be beastly!
    i really don't think you want 35 yr old bron bringing up the ball wasting energy and having to defend smaller guys. i think rondo should start. question is who is off the bench. kuzma, cousins, or green? i say green but because he gets 15 mil it usually don't work that way. not sure cousins can get better coming off bench unless he is prominent getting 30 mins off bench. gonna be hard to resign kuzma if you send him to the bench. gonna be interesting. will it be lebron's call or vogel? tough decision either way.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kyrie Irving says different when they won the title in Cleveland. Lebron isn't a young spring chicken now either..

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    i really don't think you want 35 yr old bron bringing up the ball wasting energy and having to defend smaller guys. i think rondo should start. question is who is off the bench. kuzma, cousins, or green? i say green but because he gets 15 mil it usually don't work that way. not sure cousins can get better coming off bench unless he is prominent getting 30 mins off bench. gonna be hard to resign kuzma if you send him to the bench. gonna be interesting. will it be lebron's call or vogel? tough decision either way.
    He doesn't really try hard on defense anymore anyway. If rondo starts than they will have almost no 3 point shooters on the floor lol. Rondos 3s make me gag.

2daBank

Kyrie Irving says different when they won the title in Cleveland. Lebron isn't a young spring chicken now either..
    Who cares wtf Kyrie says? if I recall correctly he never even sniffed the playoffs till bron came back, and since he left bron all he did was destroy a team that was 1 game away the previous year!! In other words Kyrie not shit without bron.

He no spring chicken but he isn’t exactly old yet either and he coming off a year he finally got some rest. Fully expect bron has one more incredible mvp type season in him. After a deep run next year then sure he prob start slowing down.

Demonata

It don't matter age really. Matters how you take care of your body. Better shape than jordan was at this age.

2daBank

It don't matter age really. Matters how you take care of your body. Better shape than jordan was at this age.
    Has logged a lot more minutes tho and that what really matters. I agree tho he in excellent shape and has at least one more mvp caliber year left in him if not 2!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Hope you boys are right.. Lebron will need to bring it for the Lakers to have a chance to win the title next season!!!

Demonata

Who cares wtf Kyrie says? if I recall correctly he never even sniffed the playoffs till bron came back, and since he left bron all he did was destroy a team that was 1 game away the previous year!! In other words Kyrie not shit without bron.

He no spring chicken but he isn’t exactly old yet either and he coming off a year he finally got some rest. Fully expect bron has one more incredible mvp type season in him. After a deep run next year then sure he prob start slowing down.
    I totally agree! I hate jow everyone acts like kyrie is so good. He can suck ass at shooting at times. Also lazy on defense.

Demonata

^^ Hope you boys are right.. Lebron will need to bring it for the Lakers to have a chance to win the title next season!!!
    I'm a utah jazz fan. I think my jazz are better than the lakers tbh. I just really like ad and lebron.

2daBank

I'm a utah jazz fan. I think my jazz are better than the lakers tbh. I just really like ad and lebron.
    Not a chance. I mean they might put up a better regular season but chalk me up for all in on lakers if they meet in playoffs!!!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

He doesn't really try hard on defense anymore anyway. If rondo starts than they will have almost no 3 point shooters on the floor lol. Rondos 3s make me gag.
    i like the efficiency of their 2 pt guys. lebron, ad, and cousins will be very efficient inside the arc. toronto won with kawhi's efficiency and some huge vanvleet shots. don't think you have to be 3 point crazy to win a title. it was efficient for warriors cause they had steph, klay and durant. Lakers don't have to be a 3pt shooting team to win. Lebron and Kyrie beat the warriors with efficient play and not a million 3's.

Demonata

Not a chance. I mean they might put up a better regular season but chalk me up for all in on lakers if they meet in playoffs!!!
    Having two time defensive player of the year rudy gobert, great shooter bogdanovic great pg mike Conley and donovan mitchell. Lots of depth on the jazz. They definitely can compete.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Having two time defensive player of the year rudy gobert, great shooter bogdanovic great pg mike Conley and donovan mitchell. Lots of depth on the jazz. They definitely can compete.
    they can compete, but having donovan mitchell as your go to guy in 4q at barely 6 ft is a hard way to win in playoffs. iverson and isaiah thomas were the most successful. don't think he will be good as either one of those guys.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Utah may only be getting better.. Houston and Denver you can't sleep on either maybe next year.. Should be fun to see what happens? Clippers look like the team to beat though no matter what right now..

Demonata

Utah may only be getting better.. Houston and Denver you can't sleep on either maybe next year.. Should be fun to see what happens? Clippers look like the team to beat though no matter what right now..
    I just have never been a fan of paul george at all. Don't paul george and kawhi basically play same position too? I think this clips team wont be as good as people think. Kawhi goimg to sit out probably 20+ games with imaginary injuries.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just have never been a fan of paul george at all. Don't paul george and kawhi basically play same position too? I think this clips team wont be as good as people think. Kawhi goimg to sit out probably 20+ games with imaginary injuries.
    They are the same position players. Both are very versatile though, may take time for them to figure it out, you could be right about that..

In the end both are premium all star players though.. They will figure it out.. George may be more of a spot up 3 point shooter with Leonard working the paint more and his short range jumpers. Both can defend like crazy though, so I expect the Clippers to be a really good defensive team if anything else..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

I guess the silver lining in all of this is that Boogie and Kobe both looked and performed at exactly the same level after their Achilles injuries so that bodes well for KD.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Was Kobe ever the same after the Achilles?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Decent but he worked it like no other, he was old then and came back and was ok.. Gotta want it in life!!!

Depends how hard you work in rehab????

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough in life!!! Especially if you are young and REFUSE TO LOSE IN LIFE!!! JUST BELIEVE in yourself and put in the work pal.. That's life in anything you desire to achieve!!! I believe that no joke....

Anything is possible in life with in reason.. You only live once.. Gotta give it shot and a try!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-06-19 at 09:52 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    uhhh no

First 12