Betpoints: 47515

these knicks fans are delusional

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    these knicks fans are delusional
    What am I delusional about are the Knicks better today than they were yesterday? Do they still have all their draft picks? Any bad contracts?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Allaboutthe$$ I’ll give you eight dollars for your ticket each game

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Allaboutthe$$ I’ll give you eight dollars for your ticket each game
    Ok you just have to wear an RJ barrett jersey.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    What am I delusional about are the Knicks better today than they were yesterday? Do they still have all their draft picks? Any bad contracts?
    not talking about you specifically $$$

I'm talking about how you all think every big free agent is going to go there...the fact is these kids are nowhere near as mentally strong as they used to be and not many want to be under the microscope in NY...Dolan also does not help the cause..my guess is you guys will get snubbed again when Giannis and a few other names become free agents...not looking for a fight here just giving my opinion.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

I'm talking about how you all think every big free agent is going to go there...the fact is these kids are nowhere near as mentally strong as they used to be and not many want to be under the microscope in NY...Dolan also does not help the cause..my guess is you guys will get snubbed again when Giannis and a few other names become free agents...not looking for a fight here just giving my opinion.
    No fight I don't disagree with you. Players today are soft. I've learned to appreciate melo because he wanted to come here and take on the challenge. I like what we are doing keeping youth money and picks. Once they start winning then players will want to come.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

heard theyre moving the knicks to the gleague

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Bring back Linsanity !

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

u forgot wayne ellington LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia

smh ppl still dont have airpods

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Who would the Knicks have traded for? Iggy was not coming here after his comments last week.

Let's be honest all of the guys they signed have team options which are very valuable for teams looking for a rent a player at the trade deadline

That's where draft picks would come from
    See, less than one day after I post it the Clippers do a trade to take on a bad contract and a 1st round pick. This is good management, and the reason the Clippers have a bright future. What would YOU rather have, Taj Gibson + Portis or Harkless + a 1st rounder?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    See, less than one day after I post it the Clippers do a trade to take on a bad contract and a 1st round pick. This is good management, and the reason the Clippers have a bright future. What would YOU rather have, Taj Gibson + Portis or Harkless + a 1st rounder?
    Agreed with you here would have done the harkless deal. These guys get paid the money they do to make the decisions they do. They have a lot more info them we ever will. It's easy to be a keyboard gm without all of the info.

IBetYou

Agreed with you here would have done the harkless deal. These guys get paid the money they do to make the decisions they do. They have a lot more info them we ever will. It's easy to be a keyboard gm without all of the info.
    Oh right I see, so there's some hidden info behind him signing these guys

I'm not some random guy with a keyboard -you have no idea who I am, as is the nature of a random forum! You assume I'm just a regular fan because that's what you are.

To say he gets paid so he must be worthy is just a reductive/ stupid comment.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Knicks

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Oh right I see, so there's some hidden info behind him signing these guys

I'm not some random guy with a keyboard -you have no idea who I am, as is the nature of a random forum! You assume I'm just a regular fan because that's what you are.

To say he gets paid so he must be worthy is just a reductive/ stupid comment.
    They traded kp before it got out about his rape allegations no? They knew about this well before it became public. So yes they do have info that we do not is what I'm saying.

As far as I'm concerned you are a random guy with a keyboard and I don't really care who you are it has no effect on my life in any way shape or form.

I said he gets paid what he does to make the decisions that he does with all of the information that he has. He knew kd wasn't coming that's why he was on a plane Sunday morning flying to la to meet with other FA while we were all hoping kd was coming.

IBetYou

They traded kp before it got out about his rape allegations no? They knew about this well before it became public. So yes they do have info that we do not is what I'm saying.

As far as I'm concerned you are a random guy with a keyboard and I don't really care who you are it has no effect on my life in any way shape or form.

I said he gets paid what he does to make the decisions that he does with all of the information that he has. He knew kd wasn't coming that's why he was on a plane Sunday morning flying to la to meet with other FA while we were all hoping kd was coming.
    That's not what you said. You tried to lump me in the same boat as you, as if we're on the same level and Mr Mills is above us -eesh what a bl00dy insult!

To me you're an average American suburbanite slob that likes to trumpet your favourite team on Internet forums, but I wouldn't ordinarily say it because it's redundant.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

That's not what you said. You tried to lump me in the same boat as you, as if we're on the same level and Mr Mills is above us -eesh what a bl00dy insult!

To me you're an average American suburbanite slob that likes to trumpet your favourite team on Internet forums, but I wouldn't ordinarily say it because it's redundant.
    you are right i shouldnt lump us in the same boat as i am better than you my apologies

obviously you are from overseas. go worry about soccer because you have ZERO clue about the way things work in america.

go get your crumpets and tea and move along little boy

IBetYou

I just had tea & scones actually, so not far off

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Every contract but randall has a team option after year 1 and randall is a team option after year 2. Very valuable at the trade deadline
    they are mimicking what the lakers did last year. if they all have options that's all you can really do and try and get better over next 2 years in draft and fa with lots of flexibility.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

they have to become respectful before expecting the giannis/kd types. they want to reverse the ship immediately but have to make it a process instead. next year go after a few decent fa's and get better gradually. at least make the playoffs and become a viable option for players.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

The only ones that considered NY was KD and Kyrie. The initial thought was they were both coming to the Knicks. Kyrie is a cancer and we don't know what type of player KD will be going forward. I'm fine with them not coming here.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Win total? O/U 19.5

allabout the $$$
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Win total? O/U 19.5
    UNLOAD on the over

IBetYou

The Knicks were in or leading 15 games going into the 4th quarter that they lost with youth that will not happen. This year. Knicks are a better team today than they were yesterday Knicks win 30 games this year facts
    Currently 4-20, I would say not a fact, and not better than last season.

So Fizdale fired. Now Mills selling the idea of hiring Kidd just so they can get Giannis as a FA. Like playing the lottery as a get rich strategy.

Anyway... how did Dennis Smith work out in that trade? Must be doing great after all the flak P.Jackson got for picking Ntilikina ahead of him?? Nope he's backing him up. The 3rd best pg on their roster, what a shit show.

IBetYou

Steve Mills relieved of his duties today.

KP is playing like a super-star. Character issues they said, what character issues? Traded him for a bag of beans. Dennis Smith now on the block -awful pg... people get seduced by speed & jumping ability.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

the knicks are an embarrassment as a franchise. mills should have been fired when fizdale got let go.

IBetYou

How about now? KP or Smith? KP a bad guy?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

It's pretty easy to run an NBA team. You're not going to get that many good players that come out of each draft. 60 players in each draft, maybe 8 of them will go on to have solid NBA careers, maybe 2 of the 60 will turn out to be all stars at some point. Teams are built in free agency.

Developing young players is the way to stay irrelevant for your entire time as a GM. Then a new GM comes, 5 years later, turn over a new leaf. Oh, let's get young players and develop them. That goes nowhere again. 5 years later. Cycle continues.

Best example of this was the Pistons bringing Rose off the bench for the likes of some losers. Derrick Rose is an all star level player, and he came off the bench for the likes of Frazier and Bruce Brown. Enough of this lunacy.

So many morons that get a chance to run and coach NBA teams. Fukkin disgrace.

Can build a competitive team in my first year as GM.

Tanking for what? Player like Zion or Lebron come around once a decade.

RJ Barrett isn't even that good. He'll be a good solid NBA player. You're not building a championship team around RJ fukkin Barrett. Not now, not ever. WTF?

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It's pretty easy to run an NBA team. You're not going to get that many good players that come out of each draft. 60 players in each draft, maybe 8 of them will go on to have solid NBA careers, maybe 2 of the 60 will turn out to be all stars at some point. Teams are built in free agency.

Developing young players is the way to stay irrelevant for your entire time as a GM. Then a new GM comes, 5 years later, turn over a new leaf. Oh, let's get young players and develop them. That goes nowhere again. 5 years later. Cycle continues.

Best example of this was the Pistons bringing Rose off the bench for the likes of some losers. Derrick Rose is an all star level player, and he came off the bench for the likes of Frazier and Bruce Brown. Enough of this lunacy.

So many morons that get a chance to run and coach NBA teams. Fukkin disgrace.

Can build a competitive team in my first year as GM.

Tanking for what? Player like Zion or Lebron come around once a decade.

RJ Barrett isn't even that good. He'll be a good solid NBA player. You're not building a championship team around RJ fukkin Barrett. Not now, not ever. WTF?
    You got that completely the wrong way around. Developing players is the way to stay relevant when the big names aren't signing up. Raptors & HEAT do this well. So you're plan is to go after a few top 20 players? Great plan. What if they say no? It's actually the same stupid plan the Knicks have had all these years.

Like the hare & tortoise fable... just clean deck then sit back and relax until the big names are free to sign up

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Most Knicks fans are there typical ignorant dumbfukks that spew the same sht all the time. A few are logical, grounded and pleasant to converse with.

I hear the same dumb sht everytime a big name is about to become a free agent about the possibility of them coming to the Knicks. It's pathetic and laughable. Heard it with Kobe heard it with LeBron and now Giannis.

Just STFU already, Knicks are a joke franchise until Dolan dies or sells. To believe anything else is delusional

Goat Milk

You got that completely the wrong way around. Developing players is the way to stay relevant when the big names aren't signing up. Raptors & HEAT do this well. So you're plan is to go after a few top 20 players? Great plan. What if they say no? It's actually the same stupid plan the Knicks have had all these years.

Like the hare & tortoise fable... just clean deck then sit back and relax until the big names are free to sign up
    You don't need 2 top 20 players. Maybe to win a championship, yeah. But to compete every year deep in the playoffs? Get some top 40 players, get a bunch of them. Knicks have 1 top 40 player in Randall. That's it. No, developing players isn't a way to stay relevant. You say "What about Miami?" Miami would be nothing without Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic. All these losers they have like Tyler Hero and Duncan Robinson and Khris Nunn? Those guys are nobodies, and will continue to be nobodies for their whole careers.

Look at the Pelicans dude. The team is full of so much talent. Number 1 pick Zion. Number 2 pick Lonzo. Number 2 pick Ingram. Look at the Twolves for years. Number 1 pick Towns. Number 1 pick Wiggins. By the time these guys start developing into their frame, their ability, it's time to pay them the max lmao. Or they move on to another team. Or they're traded.

Again, free agency is where it's at. Knicks are one of the biggest franchises in all of sports. A competant GM can turn them into a playoff team with ease. The last time KNicks were relevant was when they had Carmelo Anthony and Stoudemire as their two best players. Look at that team compared to what it is now.

RJ Barrett? Lol.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

I think Knicks win tonight (+416)

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You don't need 2 top 20 players. Maybe to win a championship, yeah. But to compete every year deep in the playoffs? Get some top 40 players, get a bunch of them. Knicks have 1 top 40 player in Randall. That's it. No, developing players isn't a way to stay relevant. You say "What about Miami?" Miami would be nothing without Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic. All these losers they have like Tyler Hero and Duncan Robinson and Khris Nunn? Those guys are nobodies, and will continue to be nobodies for their whole careers.

Look at the Pelicans dude. The team is full of so much talent. Number 1 pick Zion. Number 2 pick Lonzo. Number 2 pick Ingram. Look at the Twolves for years. Number 1 pick Towns. Number 1 pick Wiggins. By the time these guys start developing into their frame, their ability, it's time to pay them the max lmao. Or they move on to another team. Or they're traded.

Again, free agency is where it's at. Knicks are one of the biggest franchises in all of sports. A competant GM can turn them into a playoff team with ease. The last time KNicks were relevant was when they had Carmelo Anthony and Stoudemire as their two best players. Look at that team compared to what it is now.

RJ Barrett? Lol.
    Of course it's better to have guys in their prime rather than kids, but if your strategy is to swing for the fences in FA every summer without bothering to lay the ground work with a supporting cast then those FA are going to look at the roster and say no thanks.

HEAT got themselves a playmaking centre in Bam, premium shooters in Robinson/ Herro, and a real diamond in the rough in Nunn. They've brought D.Jones along as a stopper/ rebounder. No wonder Butler is so happy -never had it so good. That's how you run an NBA franchise!

Goat Milk

Of course it's better to have guys in their prime rather than kids, but if your strategy is to swing for the fences in FA every summer without bothering to lay the ground work with a supporting cast then those FA are going to look at the roster and say no thanks.

HEAT got themselves a playmaking centre in Bam, premium shooters in Robinson/ Herro, and a real diamond in the rough in Nunn. They've brought D.Jones along as a stopper/ rebounder. No wonder Butler is so happy -never had it so good. That's how you run an NBA franchise!
    Bro, those players you named all suck dick. That's what ppl don't understand. None of those players are gonna get you over the hump. Robinson and Hero aren't premium shooters. Those guys will turn into bitches in the playoffs. D Jones is nothing.

Look at the nets. Their best players are all from free agency and trades. Dinwiddie, Jordan, KD, and Irving. All their little role players suck balls except for Caris Lavert. Jarett Allen blows balls. Joe Harris is a 10th man on a championship team. Etc.

What team can you honestly say has developed all their young players since the year 2015 and they are now relevant? Look at Dallas. They drafted one superstar and the rest are all trades and free agents. Prozingis. Hardaway. Curry. Caldwell Stein.

Maybe the only team I can think of is the Kings? Drafted most of their players, but they suck dick year in and year out. By the time Fox Bagley Hield etc all devleop into premier all stars, they're going to separate and command max money. That's the problem with waiting and waiting and grooming and grooming.

First 123 Last