1. #1
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 1835

    Portland opens -2 in Game 3

    Blazers favored. Interesting. Do they win this game??

  2. #2
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 23,844
    Betpoints: 2379

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Blazers favored. Interesting. Do they win this game??
    they were down 1 and sealed their fate by giving up a layup to a guy who was 0-3 from the free throw line in the game

    portland

  3. #3
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 9,583
    Betpoints: 4990

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    they were down 1 and sealed their fate by giving up a layup to a guy who was 0-3 from the free throw line in the game

    portland
    some of the worst pick n roll defense i have ever seen in a 4th quarter of a game.

  4. #4
    ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-30-10
    Posts: 23,844
    Betpoints: 2379

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    some of the worst pick n roll defense i have ever seen in a 4th quarter of a game.
    on the layup portland had 2 guys who stayed up in front of...... LOONEY

    warriors in 4 unless they just tank a game in portland if durant needs a couple more days

  5. #5
    KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 13,589
    Betpoints: 104

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    some of the worst pick n roll defense i have ever seen in a 4th quarter of a game.
    Jeez can't imagine why.

  6. #6
    2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-09
    Posts: 89,009
    Betpoints: 54

    Wouldn’t shock me if blazers won 1, would’nt shock me if they got swept either. It would shock me if blazers won 2 so I’ll just take dubs and double up gm 4 if they do happen to lose gm3. Seems like most reasonable thing to do.

  7. #7
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 25,530
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Blazers favored. Interesting. Do they win this game??
    This could be one of those reverse line movements??? For example.... by game time... G.S. could be favored by -1.5 or -2

    Then I would take Portland in Game 3

  8. #8
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,253
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Blazers favored. Interesting. Do they win this game??
    Hopefully Lakerboy will let us know

  9. #9
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 87,245
    Betpoints: 175825

    Not surprising, typically skewed line toward home team team down 0-2 in series. First half line should be even more skewed, could see something wacky like -2 game, -2 first half.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 05-17-19 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Meant NOT surprising.

  10. #10
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 9,478
    Betpoints: 209

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Now surprising, typically skewed line toward home team team down 0-2 in series. First half line should be even more skewed, could see something wacky like -2 game, -2 first half.
    Rockets were -3 on a game last series and -3.5 for the first half
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  11. #11
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 9,478
    Betpoints: 209

    Last night was a little strange, Kenny mauer was doing his thing but another ref was swallowing his whistle against Lillard. Mauer never called a meeting to overrule the bias throughout the game
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  12. #12
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,373
    Betpoints: 964

    Blazers or no play

    GSW really lucked out game 2

  13. #13
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 87,245
    Betpoints: 175825

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Rockets were -3 on a game last series and -3.5 for the first half
    Yep, Game 3 down 0-2 at home. It happens quite often these days after books used to get hammered on home teams first half in these spots, ah the good old days!

    With that said, even with some seriously skewed first half lines, I think the angle has still done well in recent years.

  14. #14
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 9,478
    Betpoints: 209

    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yep, Game 3 down 0-2 at home. It happens quite often these days after books used to get hammered on home teams first half in these spots, ah the good old days!

    With that said, even with some seriously skewed first half lines, I think the angle has still done well in recent years.
    I think the mentality used to be that the weaker teams in must win situations had to have early confidence if they were to have a shot at making it a competitive series but times have changed to a certain degree with that mindset.

    Rockets were 0-6 in 1st quarter ATS against gsw last series. Harden prefers to start slow and heat up towards the end of the game as Lillard used to show glimpses of similar heat patterns in his previous seasons
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  15. #15
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 39,158
    Betpoints: 369

    GS ML all the way

  16. #16
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar VIP Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 87,245
    Betpoints: 175825

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I think the mentality used to be that the weaker teams in must win situations had to have early confidence if they were to have a shot at making it a competitive series but times have changed to a certain degree with that mindset.

    Rockets were 0-6 in 1st quarter ATS against gsw last series. Harden prefers to start slow and heat up towards the end of the game as Lillard used to show glimpses of similar heat patterns in his previous seasons
    Yes, that is exactly the mentality and it still is, desperate team giving max effort while team up 2-0 relaxes a tad, and it works best for first half because more talented team does not usually just go away in second half.

  17. #17
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 5,586
    Betpoints: 11737

    Dubs +2 all day.

  18. #18
    eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-06-13
    Posts: 4,209
    Betpoints: 5481

    Portland has no inside defensive presence.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  19. #19
    bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 1,312
    Betpoints: 636

    Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    Portland has no inside defensive presence.
    They miss Nurkic in a bad bad way.

    Collins has good defensive awareness - just fouls a lot and doesn’t get respect from the refs yet on the 50/50 blocks/fouls.

    Leonard can grab defensive boards, otherwise he looks lost.

    Kanter fights for offensive boards and has the occasional defensive stand but it’s rare.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  20. #20
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 9,478
    Betpoints: 209

    Kanter is trying on defense which is more than he's ever done before on his career but he still couldn't stop a nose bleed
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  21. #21
    MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-30-08
    Posts: 8,066
    Betpoints: 465

    interesting. their home court is pretty powerful though

  22. #22
    Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-14-12
    Posts: 9,123
    Betpoints: 369

    They would win series with nurkic. The Kanter defense screws them

  23. #23
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 4,742
    Betpoints: 6890

    Can't play Kanter is back but they don't really have a choice. Zack Collins had one of the all time worst lines last game:

    0 PTS, 0 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 0 BLK, 2 TO, 5 Fouls in 8 minutes of action.

Top