thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Moron-o.....please, please, please, please start betting the Blues.

You’re killing my team.
    Fuk off

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Wtf you mean no chance? That is a asinine statement. There not one team left that significantly better than them. Certainly no sure thing they win but they have just as good a chance to hoist the cup as any the remaining teams.
    As good of a chance I disagree with. I’m not even so sure they can win this series. If the blues goalie regresses at all they are in trouble.
    I think the best teams left are:
    1. Sharks
    2. Bruins
    3. Carolina
    4. Columbus
    5. Isles
    6. Blues
    7. Stars
    8. Colorado

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    As good of a chance I disagree with. I’m not even so sure they can win this series. If the blues goalie regresses at all they are in trouble.
    I think the best teams left are:
    1. Sharks
    2. Bruins
    3. Carolina
    4. Columbus
    5. Isles
    6. Blues
    7. Stars
    8. Colorado
    Isles ahead of the blues? Lol.

Columbus is going to beat Boston as well. You are sold on your prediction. The jackets are monsters. Boston has only one line.

Sharks goalie isn't good enough. Colorado might even beat them as well.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Columbus is going to beat Boston as well. You are sold on your prediction. The jackets are monsters. Boston has only one line.

Yes isles just ran into Carolina that knows how to basically play their opponents game and play it just a little better. Boston’s physicality will wear down Columbus. They didn’t have to deal with that with Tampa because they were soft.
    As for the sharks he’s a bend don’t break goalie. He’s been to the finals, he knows what it takes. Colorado is trash compared to sharks. You told me the bruins had no shot against Toronto too. That worked out well. Many said Vegas had the sharks as well. That also worked out well. I’m sold on my prediction because it’s right

This isn’t my first time predicting the champ right in hockey. I got laughed at last year when I said the caps were walking it to victory after they beat the pens.
    The first of the b2b cups the pens won people said Tampa and then sharks were going to beat them. I proved them wrong as well. Just sit back and watch.
    Last edited by goduke; 04-29-19 at 11:19 PM.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Things do get confusing on a game-by-game basis. It reminds me of whipsaw action if you day-trade in the stock market.

Good to look at the big picture

hotcross

goduke, how would you explain game 7 of the Vegas at San Jose game? I mean in terms of your prediction for the Finals. It was looking mighty bleak for the Sharks until that very favorable/generous 5-minute major penalty against Vegas. Golden Knights should have not allowed the 4-goals, not to mention they lead the series 3-1 games at one point, that much I'm on-board with. But my point is, that was an almost unbelievable turn of events which help propel the Sharks in game 7.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Avs prob will beat them, if not blues damn sure will. Comical his rankings are. Not one those teams would be more than -120ish in a series vs stl.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    goduke, how would you explain game 7 of the Vegas at San Jose game? I mean in terms of your prediction for the Finals. It was looking mighty bleak for the Sharks until that very favorable/generous 5-minute major penalty against Vegas. Golden Knights should have not allowed the 4-goals, not to mention they lead the series 3-1 games at one point, that much I'm on-board with. But my point is, that was an almost unbelievable turn of events which help propel the Sharks in game 7.
    Bruins had an unreal turn of events when they beat Toronto in game 7 a few years back and then went on to win the cup. How about the Kings down 3-0 in a series vs the sharks and then came back to go all the way in win. This kind of stuff happens and propels teams to go the distance

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Avs prob will beat them, if not blues damn sure will. Comical his rankings are. Not one those teams would be more than -120ish in a series vs stl.
    We will see then. The point of the whole thing is the bruins and the sharks stand above all of them. It’s ok for you to believe in your team and hope they win. But I don’t think you’ll be laughing at my prediction when it becomes right

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

We will see then. The point of the whole thing is the bruins and the sharks stand above all of them. It’s ok for you to believe in your team and hope they win. But I don’t think you’ll be laughing at my prediction when it becomes right
    You loading up on sharks and bruins series lines? -112 each. Free money right LoL.

I was wrong about the leafs. I thought they would get it done but they weren't ready. I guess we are watching different teams. The jackets have linebackers playing for them. Boston will wear them out? Really? I see it the other way around. They are the Cinderella team.

As for the AVS they are loaded with speed. Calgary was pretty much like the sharks. That series is close but it's pretty obvious based on the lines that it's a coinflip not a sure thing.

hotcross

Bruins had an unreal turn of events when they beat Toronto in game 7 a few years back and then went on to win the cup. How about the Kings down 3-0 in a series vs the sharks and then came back to go all the way in win. This kind of stuff happens and propels teams to go the distance
    Bro, your memory is confusing two past Bruins seasons. You refer to the game 7 Boston comeback against Toronto - it was the very first time in NHL history a team won Game 7 after trailing by three goals in the third period, which did happen in the first round of 2013 - Trailing by three goals in the third period, and still by two goals with less than 90 seconds left in their season, the Bruins scored twice in a span of 31-seconds to tie it and then eliminated the Maple Leafs on Patrice Bergeron's goal at 6:05 of overtime to win 5-4 score in Game 7.

But the Bruins went on to lose in the Finals 4-2 games to Chicago that year. OK so they did make it to the 2013 finals that year.

Bruins won the cup in 2011, a year in which they played 3x a game 7 (first round, then conference final, and final). They swept the second round matchup against the Flyers. Yes I had to look all this up to confirm my memory with the facts. But I don't recall any miraculous comebacks in-game or being down games huge in those series. Montreal won the first two games of round 1, but then Boston won 3 in a row, and ended up winning game 7 at home in Overtime that opening round against the Canadiens.

The year the Kings won the Cup, yes you're correct about the Sharks choke job of the 3-0 series lead.

Anyway, that wasn't really what I was asking. More about looking for your explanation if the Sharks should have won that game 7 against Vegas this year. It all hinged on that penalty call, very controversial call (wow that never happens in sports, does it?!?). Sharks made the most of the opportunity, and Vegas didn't do their job to hold the lead when faced with the adversity of the 5-minute major. But the point is without getting that penalty, a penalty which was clearly the wrong call, the refs didn't even make the call in real-time meaning the arm never went up...they made the call after seeing the aftermath of Pavelski bleeding down on the ice. Without that, the Sharks were clearly beat in that game.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    Bro, your memory is confusing two past Bruins seasons. You refer to the game 7 Boston comeback against Toronto - it was the very first time in NHL history a team won Game 7 after trailing by three goals in the third period, which did happen in the first round of 2013 - Trailing by three goals in the third period, and still by two goals with less than 90 seconds left in their season, the Bruins scored twice in a span of 31-seconds to tie it and then eliminated the Maple Leafs on Patrice Bergeron's goal at 6:05 of overtime to win 5-4 score in Game 7.

But the Bruins went on to lose in the Finals 4-2 games to Chicago that year. OK so they did make it to the 2013 finals that year.

Bruins won the cup in 2011, a year in which they played 3x a game 7 (first round, then conference final, and final). They swept the second round matchup against the Flyers. Yes I had to look all this up to confirm my memory with the facts. But I don't recall any miraculous comebacks in-game or being down games huge in those series. Montreal won the first two games of round 1, but then Boston won 3 in a row, and ended up winning game 7 at home in Overtime that opening round against the Canadiens.

The year the Kings won the Cup, yes you're correct about the Sharks choke job of the 3-0 series lead.

Anyway, that wasn't really what I was asking. More about looking for your explanation if the Sharks should have won that game 7 against Vegas this year. It all hinged on that penalty call, very controversial call (wow that never happens in sports, does it?!?). Sharks made the most of the opportunity, and Vegas didn't do their job to hold the lead when faced with the adversity of the 5-minute major. But the point is without getting that penalty, a penalty which was clearly the wrong call, the refs didn't even make the call in real-time meaning the arm never went up...they made the call after seeing the aftermath of Pavelski bleeding down on the ice. Without that, the Sharks were clearly beat in that game.
    You are right I did mix it up. They did go to the cup but lost. As for the Sharks alot of unexpected things happen in sports. Who knows what could of happened if the penalty was a double minor which no matter what it was going to be at least that. So Sharks score two then they are down 1 with plenty of time left. Momentum in sports happens all the time and changes all the time. A game is over when the clock hits zero, to think that Vegas automatically had it because it was a 5 minute instead of a 4 minute i think is a little presumptious.

hotcross

It was a controversial penalty call. Maybe Vegas should have never allowed the series to get to game 7.

Just wanted to hear your take on it. I profited from the Sharks in the series.

First 12