magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

Question About Opening Account in Vegas vs NJ

My annual trips to Vegas, I have always let my friend (lives there) do the wagering and fruiting off the profits for the start of the tourney.

Once NJ started legal betting, I've opened up a few accounts, all done strictly through my phone.. download app, register through it, then either deposit through bank account or PayPal.

I plan on opening one in Vegas for personal side action this year, now that I'm more familiar with betting apps... in Vegas, can you do the same thing, downloading an app and registering through it, and transferring money? Or will I have to physically go to a book and register there and give cash? My buddy didn't know the answer since it's been years since he's used the same app for years, but is guessing I'll have to physically do it.

Thanks

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Cash does not have fees

PayPal, CC, debit card and bank have fees

Westgate charges 2.95% fee for deposits not made in cash. I would not be surprised if others have a similar policy as Vegas is an established market and NJ is not.

Matt17
    PocketTens on WSOP.com
    Matt17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    My annual trips to Vegas, I have always let my friend (lives there) do the wagering and fruiting off the profits for the start of the tourney.

Once NJ started legal betting, I've opened up a few accounts, all done strictly through my phone.. download app, register through it, then either deposit through bank account or PayPal.

I plan on opening one in Vegas for personal side action this year, now that I'm more familiar with betting apps... in Vegas, can you do the same thing, downloading an app and registering through it, and transferring money? Or will I have to physically go to a book and register there and give cash? My buddy didn't know the answer since it's been years since he's used the same app for years, but is guessing I'll have to physically do it.

Thanks
    Not sure how the sportsbetting works but my buddy went to vegas in febraury and has WSOP poker on his phone and would have had to open a separate WSOP poker for Nevada even though they are linked. If you have playMGM here in Jersey id call them and explain your situation and see if you'll need to open a Nevada based app cause even though we have it in Jersey (thru Borgata) MGM is a vegas based company. Hope this helps and have a good trip.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7067

I do know every state is independent.

I'm just wondering if Vegas allows you to open an account from your couch the same way NJ does, basically.

Thanks for the replies

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vegas DOES NOT

NJ years ahead of Vegas

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    I do know every state is independent.

I'm just wondering if Vegas allows you to open an account from your couch the same way NJ does, basically.

Thanks for the replies
    I remember seeing an ad that if you’ll fund your account with at least $500 WilliamHill will come to you in Vegas.